3256 11 2022-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

Basically, there are only few points:

1. There is drone hardware/system error that flip the drone suddenly while yaw turn. Some users said good pilot can save it, but actually its not. imagine you are flying 2 meters from the water and it flipped SUDDENLY, there is no chance to save it, human response time cannot respond and react less than 0.2 second which is enough the drone to touch the water, plus the drone is not controllable during the flip error happening, so no matter how good you are, you cant save it in such situation

2. some people said this drone is not for freestyle, maybe its not designed for freestyle, but it is capable to do it. not gonna argue with it, if you disagree, just argue to Mr. steele who did great freestyle on avata:

3. There are inexperienced pilot who lost avata due to control issue, but its not what I wanted to focus on. I want to focus on drone problem which is the uncontrollable flipping issue due to hardware/firmware issue.

4. i think most of us just want DJI to give some response to this issue which is happening on many pilots, it concerns us from flying this drone and safety to other people/property. indeed we can do warrenty on our drone to replace it, but actually i dont give a damn about the drone replacement, what concerns me is the consequence about human/property damage caused by the drone in uncontrollable situation. imagine the drone hit someone's head(like myself) when it flip itself... it could bring critical damage... even the warrenty cant help much in remedy

Avata is really a good one to me and I love DJI products alot, like the DJI FPV is a good start and it is reliable to fly.
When avata comes out, it impressed many pilots, but when this uncertain flipping issue came out on many youtuber, i grounded mine for a month already since it really concerns me about the safety of this drone, at least i dont trust it the same level with DJI FPV.
Hope DJI can give us more updates like the progress or finding on this frequently reported issue, any recommendation and even firmware update would be very helpful to handle this issue.
IMO, it is acceptable to know there is problem, but how DJI handle is the most important to affect people impression to future product and support.
Please DJI dont waste this good product and the trust from your customer. I look forward to fly it again with firmware fix and bringing back the reliability to make it a perfect cinewhoop we can trust.

Reference - Experienced Pilot and youtubers who have encountered this issue:

Finally, a poll is for you guys to reflect the real situation to DJI support, hope they can really gives us some updates at least.
Cheers and safe flight everyone.

Single SelectVote, Total 26 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

57.69% (15)
26.92% (7)
15.38% (4)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-11-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe you should adjust the rates a bit so that such sudden, strong movements are not possible...?

As soon as DJI offers an update, you can set it the way you want it again...
2022-11-1
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

I don't think 'the' Avata has a problem. Maybe there's a few Avatas with faulty hardware.
That may be the reason for DJI to not do a big callback. They want us to see if we have a problem with our Avata and then claim warranty.

At least I can say that I think my Avata is fine. I don't push it too hard, like I would with a freestyle/race quad and respect the fact that it's a cinewhoop.
I never had any issues with it.
2022-11-1
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I can not vote as there no my answer to be chosen - Yes Avata has some issues - But No I'll continue flying - for me this is unprovoked lean left - I was thinking FW solved it but yestarday it happened twice in very narrow canyon - luckily I saved it ;)
2022-11-1
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

too many pilots confirm this problem :/ I think as stock for remote is so limited - same reports are way lower then they would be...
and too bad - as all cinewhops can do some light freestyle - and it's super nice to have some flips at start and then a smooth cine-vid

2022-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did'nt OrginalDobo prove it could be recovered in one of his videos.  
2022-11-2
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

From what I've seen, an experienced pilot has to try and reproduce the tumble/washout, whereas the pilot that has been exclusively been flying GPS drones are the ones having the problem.  In the videos I've seen, they are trying do a hard 180 yaw with no roll or pitch back, thereby the airflow is going over the ducts and not generating lift from the props... yaw washout.  So I wouldn't be holding my breath for DJI to have some miracle fix.  You put up a video with Mr Steele and he is pushing the Avata to its limits, yet it didn't incur the problem, you have to ask yourself why that is.  You just can't ignore it.
2022-11-2
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Killerbee Posted at 11-1 11:49
I don't think 'the' Avata has a problem. Maybe there's a few Avatas with faulty hardware.
That may be the reason for DJI to not do a big callback. They want us to see if we have a problem with our Avata and then claim warranty.

that's possible, so there is a chance the drone has faulty component in chances.
I think for manual pilot, its better to do couple of flat yaw turn to testify whether the drone is a faulty one or not...
2022-11-7
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Hong Kong

DAFlys Posted at 11-2 01:14
Did'nt OrginalDobo prove it could be recovered in one of his videos.

ya, only when you fly in a flat big ground.
Dobo can save it, yet the drone hit the ground tho.
However, as said in the post, imagine you flying on water, there is no way you can save it once it touch the water surface...

furthermore, you can save your drone, but if this problem induced 3rd party property/human damage, does DJI cover it? I dont think so...
So you have to bear the risk for DJI's known product problem? Well, its your choice but not mine...
2022-11-7
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Woobisah Posted at 11-2 10:44
From what I've seen, an experienced pilot has to try and reproduce the tumble/washout, whereas the pilot that has been exclusively been flying GPS drones are the ones having the problem.  In the videos I've seen, they are trying do a hard 180 yaw with no roll or pitch back, thereby the airflow is going over the ducts and not generating lift from the props... yaw washout.  So I wouldn't be holding my breath for DJI to have some miracle fix.  You put up a video with Mr Steele and he is pushing the Avata to its limits, yet it didn't incur the problem, you have to ask yourself why that is.  You just can't ignore it.

yes, steele didnt trigger the issue...YET.
There are many possibility, like the drone he received has no potential faulty component like RobHK's later received new drone, the way he fly etc. So we cant tell.

Anyway, we cant reject the issue with only one safe case right?
Plus different experienced pilot has reproduced the same issue, i dont think we can object the issue and say the drone is safe to fly, when many pilots expereienced the same issue.

Im not sure if it would be a miracle fix to DJI, if making a fix is so hard to their tech team, they should recall the product due to the safety risk potential caused by product defect.

IMO, its hard for users to prove whether there is a problem, we dont have the tool to crack and read the log to justify, we can only prove with the reports and cases similarity.
Now DJI has confessed there is altitude error which mean a product issue, then they should give us info updates and ideally a fix.
2022-11-7
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

arkchan Posted at 11-7 05:04
yes, steele didnt trigger the issue...YET.
There are many possibility, like the drone he received has no potential faulty component like RobHK's later received new drone, the way he fly etc. So we cant tell.

Plenty of experienced pilots haven’t had the problem including myself.  I don’t mean GPS assisted pilots either.  DJI is kind of to blame only in the sense that in normal and sport mode, they are inputting the roll for the pilot when the pilot is using yaw to turn  So when these people go to acro mode they think they only need to yaw to make a quick turn.  The physics part comes in at that point as the air is going over the duct and kills lift on one side.  I’m kind of tired of posting on this subject.  People should learn to fly in acro mode or go back to Mavics and Minis.
2022-11-12
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Woobisah Posted at 11-12 23:09
Plenty of experienced pilots haven’t had the problem including myself.  I don’t mean GPS assisted pilots either.  DJI is kind of to blame only in the sense that in normal and sport mode, they are inputting the roll for the pilot when the pilot is using yaw to turn  So when these people go to acro mode they think they only need to yaw to make a quick turn.  The physics part comes in at that point as the air is going over the duct and kills lift on one side.  I’m kind of tired of posting on this subject.  People should learn to fly in acro mode or go back to Mavics and Minis.

I am not talking about the drone pilot here but many FPV pilot also experienced the issue.
It makes sense that there are some pilot transforming from normal drone and going into FPV, and they could blame on the drone but actually its not.
But we are not talking about this situation, we are talking about many experienced pilot who have lots of FPV experience already, and we also found the Avata has abnormal movement itself that should not be the case in the FPV acro/manual mode.
The vid i quote in the main thread as reference are those example
2022-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules