3 bridges over the River Findhorn at Tomatin...
881 15 2022-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

We were staying only 5 miles from here - down a single track road in the wilds, and on a deer park - so it was too much temptation not to try and film these bridges..

Looking at the footage I can see I could have gotten closer to the bridges on another road, which would have allowed for more varied footage while maintaining Visual Line of Sight - VLOS - which I was operating at the limit of from the take off location at the first bridge... Ah well, we live and learn, and I know what I can do next time to get a better set of footage...

Still, it is relaxing and interesting, especially the Cows fording the river....

2022-11-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2022-11-2
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks... I can see how to improve it next time though... Hindsight is wonderful, isnt it...
2022-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 11-2 01:03
Thanks... I can see how to improve it next time though... Hindsight is wonderful, isnt it...

It's all about practice, practice, practice.  
2022-11-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely countryside views.    It seems a bit odd to see 3 bridges so close together.  
2022-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice location. Is that middle bridge a railroad bridge?
2022-11-2
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-2 01:46
Lovely countryside views.    It seems a bit odd to see 3 bridges so close together.

The original lower bridge was the old A9 bridge, built to replace a Telford original, the middle bridge is the railway and the further bridge is the modern A9 Dual Carriageway, if I had more time on the day and a bit more of a look around I could have gotten closer to the other 2 bridges, will do next time...
2022-11-2
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-2 02:09
Nice location. Is that middle bridge a railroad bridge?

Thanks... Yes, Mainline to Inverness, as luck would have it, a train crossed just as I was packing the Drone away, will try and capture something crossing it next time...
2022-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Albion Drones Posted at 11-2 02:53
Thanks... Yes, Mainline to Inverness, as luck would have it, a train crossed just as I was packing the Drone away, will try and capture something crossing it next time...

Oh yes, I know that feeling.
But luckily we can now check the schedules on most lines.
2022-11-2
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice place. I guess you could've flown from the first bridge. But the same happens to me as well and sometimes I'm even too lazy to change my place and regret it later. The cows are a nice bonus.
2022-11-2
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 11-2 04:19
Nice place. I guess you could've flown from the first bridge. But the same happens to me as well and sometimes I'm even too lazy to change my place and regret it later. The cows are a nice bonus.

Yeah, if I had a larger drone - MAVIC 2 or AIR2 I would have chanced it, but with a MINI3 it was only just visible - and I have 20/20+ vision with my glasses... Should have looked at alternative TOAL sites, but was with friends, so didnt really feel I could keep them waiting too long... I will get it again next time, a good excuse for a return trip
2022-11-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Nice sequence. Catching the cows fording the river was a stroke of luck
2022-11-2
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 11-2 09:45
Nice sequence. Catching the cows fording the river was a stroke of luck

Thanks Bleriot... Yup, a definite stroke of luck, hence I slowed the footage as they were revealed...
2022-11-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Albion Drones Posted at 11-2 09:47
Thanks Bleriot... Yup, a definite stroke of luck, hence I slowed the footage as they were revealed...

Good thinking
2022-11-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 11-2 02:52
The original lower bridge was the old A9 bridge, built to replace a Telford original, the middle bridge is the railway and the further bridge is the modern A9 Dual Carriageway, if I had more time on the day and a bit more of a look around I could have gotten closer to the other 2 bridges, will do next time...

Ahh, now I know why there are 3 bridges.  Thanks for the feedback.  
2022-11-2
Use props
GurryAzzy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5835643 ft
South Korea

It's a landscape that blends the Middle Ages with the modern and the Modern. It's unique.
Thank you for sharing.
2022-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules