4644 13 2022-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

The Mavic 3 seems very expensive drone anymore when compared with Mavic 3 Classic. I hope we can see additional futures for that very expensive telephoto lens and maybe other improvements over Mavic 3 Classic. Otherwise, I will be unhappy to buy the expensive one and also most of people will buy the telephoto cropped version instead of Mavic 3.
2022-11-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think there is a big reason to be unhappy.  Apart from the telephoto, these are essentially the same drone.  Given the year difference in release timing, the price difference is not unexpected.  M3 sales were clearly hindered by DJI trying to drive the price point higher on their "flagship" drone.  They could discount the original model, which would also irk early buyers.  This seems like a way to preserve value of the top of the line, and put another offer out there.  DJI wins either way.  It is a really good business strategy.  
2022-11-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-5
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

The real questions about the MAVIC 3 Classic are:
1. Is there an improvement in the GPS of the MAVIC 3 Classic?
2. Is the camera identical to that of the original MAVIC 3? Does the lens cover the sensor in photo mode and 4/3 ratio in RAW mode?
3. Is there a difference in the behavior of the obstacle avoidance system?
2022-11-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KokoFresha Posted at 11-5 04:33
The real questions about the MAVIC 3 Classic are:
2. Is the camera identical to that of the original MAVIC 3? Does the lens cover the sensor in photo mode and 4/3 ratio in RAW mode?

It would be unrealistic to expect it to be any different.
The GPS system in the Mavic 3 works perfectly, what improvement would you want?

2. Is the camera identical to that of the original MAVIC 3?
Of course it is.
Why would DJI go to the expense of developing a new camera?

3. Is there a difference in the behavior of the obstacle avoidance system?
Why would there be?

2022-11-5
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Bulgaria

Labroides Posted at 11-5 04:43
It would be unrealistic to expect it to be any different.
The GPS system in the Mavic 3 works perfectly, what improvement would you want?

All three points were features that were heavily advertised a year ago. And they turned out to be not as good as advertised...
More than half a year ago I claimed that there would be a MAVIC 3S . .A part of the forum laughed at me - now MAVIC 3 S is a fact (called Classic).
2022-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KokoFresha Posted at 11-5 06:03
All three points were features that were heavily advertised a year ago. And they turned out to be not as good as advertised...
More than half a year ago I claimed that there would be a MAVIC 3S . .A part of the forum laughed at me - now MAVIC 3 S is a fact (called Classic).

That was a much different M3 drone being rumored, it was an S version and articles are still available on the internet . It was to have an upgraded camera a removable SSD hard drive an optical zoom. The classic is cheaper version it has the same 4/3 Camera no zoom camera, basically an SE model.
2022-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TonyPHX Posted at 11-3 05:44
I don't think there is a big reason to be unhappy.  Apart from the telephoto, these are essentially the same drone.  Given the year difference in release timing, the price difference is not unexpected.  M3 sales were clearly hindered by DJI trying to drive the price point higher on their "flagship" drone.  They could discount the original model, which would also irk early buyers.  This seems like a way to preserve value of the top of the line, and put another offer out there.  DJI wins either way.  It is a really good business strategy.

It would make a good back up drone particularly if you only need the drone. I have 2 spare RCN1 controllers , need something to go with them …
2022-11-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

All three points were features that were heavily advertised a year ago. And they turned out to be not as good as advertised.
What's not good about the GPS and main camera?
They seem to be pretty good in my experience.
Is there an issue with Obstacle Avoidance?
2022-11-5
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

M3 Classic is just the M3 without the tele lens. IMO is funny enough to spend the extra money
2022-11-5
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Bulgaria

Labroides Posted at 11-5 14:55
All three points were features that were heavily advertised a year ago. And they turned out to be not as good as advertised.
What's not good about the GPS and main camera?
They seem to be pretty good in my experience.

The lens cannot cover the sensor in photo mode, 4/3 ratio. Take a RAW photo and open it without distortion control and you'll see the shading at the corners. The image is sometimes is too sharp, especially visible in trees. I mean photo mode, not video.
GPS - for me, the cold start is firmly over 1 minute. Yes, they've improved it significantly, but I suspect it's at the expense of accuracy.
The obstacle avoidance system is a disappointment. I have so many fake triggers that I am considering turning her off permanently.
If on these 3 points there are no improvements in MAVIC 3 Classic, then it is pointless, because the price is not attractive enough!
2022-11-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

KokoFresha Posted at 11-6 02:29
The lens cannot cover the sensor in photo mode, 4/3 ratio. Take a RAW photo and open it without distortion control and you'll see the shading at the corners. The image is sometimes is too sharp, especially visible in trees. I mean photo mode, not video.
GPS - for me, the cold start is firmly over 1 minute. Yes, they've improved it significantly, but I suspect it's at the expense of accuracy.
The obstacle avoidance system is a disappointment. I have so many fake triggers that I am considering turning her off permanently.

The lens cannot cover the sensor in photo mode, 4/3 ratio.
Is that a problem?
I've been shooting with the M3 for 6 months and the results are very good.

A minute for a cold start is normal and the accuracy is fine.

I don't have that problem because I have had OA disabled from day 1.
It's just a gimmick,  If OA is needed, I'm flying in the wrong location.

2022-11-6
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

You and about 75% of everyone on here and Mavic Forums KNEW there would be another iteration of the M3.  No need to toot your horn.  lol
2022-11-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

My M3 Cine's cold start times for GPS are always 30 seconds or less following their updates.
2022-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules