New DJI Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2 has been released.
3094 8 2014-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

ATTENTION GROUP: New DJI Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2 has been released. That is the PC version, MAC version is not available at the moment which is not uncommon. In the past DJI has had a day or two lag time in releasing MAC versions of there software. I could not find any release notes regarding what has changed. http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

DJI Magement I was under the impression in being members of this forum we would be informed of new software and firmware updates? I received no notification regarding this latest update. Release notes would also be greatly appreciated!
2014-12-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe DJI are waiting for all versions of the update to go live before contacting everyone ?
Don't think they will have a separate mailing list for PC and MAC users.
Release notes will come, what's the panic ?
I have downloaded it and it looks like they have made the calibration button easier in that it now does all controls in one session.
2014-12-4
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-4 21:51
Maybe DJI are waiting for all versions of the update to go live before contacting everyone ?
Don't  ...

John no panic at all on my end. What is bothersome to me is the lack of support from DJI in general. I have been in touch with Tahoe_Ed affiliated with DJI. He informed me nearly a month ago that DJI would notify all members of this forum about any firmware, software, or general updates in a message via this forum. I can't speak for the masses however I have yet to receive any update related messages. Bearing in mind there have been several firmware updates in the last month or so that I happened to stumble upon. It would be nice to be notified when updates are released.
2014-12-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I do understand, and like me, you found out about the update on the day of release through other means.
It looks like a minor update to the transmitter calibration method.
But as you say, DJI could have put an official post on here at the very least...
2014-12-4
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

Anyone knows what difference on this ?
DJI FC200 Camera  V1.1.9 - 2014-01-20
DJI FC200 Camera  V1.2.5g - 2014-04-07
2014-12-4
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

My Ver. is fine and its flying good. Im not touching this update...but Ive got an FC40...so theres that.

And..NO, DJI nvr sent me an Email either....
2014-12-4
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

My neither, I didn't get any email, I feel so left out.

Considering there is no email product registration (but if there is please enlighten me) and the forums also don't send emails or have an announcement section I'm not sure why anyone would have expected to get an email about the release but hey, that is what the forum is for; complaining, right?

I'd like to see an announcement section (personally) because opening a new thread in any group would quickly get lost in the noise and nobody would see it anyway.  It would even had been good if they announced it on their other locations (WIKI, Facebook, etc.) or perhaps there aren't significant changes to warrant an announcement.
2014-12-4
Use props
guymacdonald
lvl.4

Australia

The link shows a new version is available but the App does not even when clicking the no updates and refreshing.

I have been using this method but it seems not to work?
2014-12-4
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI SOFTWARE UPDATE: The MAC version of v1.2 of the RC Assistant Software has finally been released. Sixteen days after the PC version was released on 12/03/14. http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download
2014-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules