2013 19 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi, my main concern is about photography, so ...
Is there anyone that can compare and upload some DNG images of the same location obtained with a MAvic 3 Classic and a Mini 3 Pro ? Or if somebody knows a link where a real comparation exists?

I know there are several pages where are ready to download sample DNG images of the Mavic 3 Classic (DPReview, dronext, etc) ... I did already download someones and I did not like what I am seeing, apart of the quality of the images there are not precisley the best ones to check the image quality: underexposed, no backlits, no way to check DR.

I have now a Mini 3 Pro and I am thinking about to get a big brother, but I was in the past disapointed with the image quailty of the DJI Hasselblad cameras. And I don´t want to spend near by 2.000€ in new equipement (drone, extra batteries, etc) if the image quality is not significant better.

Thank you

2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, juan55. Thank you for your inquiry. For the camera specs, we suggest that you check the product comparison between the DJI Mini 3 Pro and the new DJI Mavic 3 Classic through this link: {https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-consumer-drones}. We hope that you can get more helpful recommendations from your co-users here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your understanding and interest in DJI.
2022-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here you can download quite a few dng files.
https://dronexl.co/2021/11/05/do ... otos-video-footage/

But a lot will depend on the subject and camera settings and the ability of the operator to take a good photo!

All in all, I don't find the dng files too good from any DJI drone so far, but that is probably because I'm 'spoiled' with a Full Frame DSLR system that costs and weighs more than a Mavic 3 Pro, but can't fly
So you have to take into consideration that it is 'just' a compact camera with a lightweight lens.
But one that can fly!
2022-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tech drone media also posted samples from their review unit.  https://www.techdronemedia.com/download-1

2022-11-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

As camera is the same, the problems with cropped image from sensor remains...still, at photos is better than the competitor Evo2Pro. At video is missing the HDR10 and DR that exists on Evo2Pro, but with editing skills you can get a very good result.
2022-11-9
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

Thank you, I have already check that place
Yes Montfrooij, I also photograph with DSLR FF and there are a difference ... but in this case, I did expect better performance being the sensor of its camera a 4/3 !I need to evaluate if it´s worth for me to spend near 2.000€ in this drone or I just stay with the Mini 3 Pro.
2022-11-9
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 11-8 21:19
Hi, juan55. Thank you for your inquiry. For the camera specs, we suggest that you check the product comparison between the DJI Mini 3 Pro and the new DJI Mavic 3 Classic through this link: {https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-consumer-drones}. We hope that you can get more helpful recommendations from your co-users here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your understanding and interest in DJI.

Thank you Tony, but I want to check the real difference between both drones with real images, when you process them and see the results from the photographic point of view. The tech specs in the paper don´t help too much.
2022-11-9
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 11-9 01:37
Tech drone media also posted samples from their review unit.  https://www.techdronemedia.com/download-1

Thank you ... I shall have a look to them
2022-11-9
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

For what I have seen until now, from the photographic point of view, I have arrived to these conclusions:

1 - It´s clear that the Mavic 3 Classic has a better DR.
2 - The image of the Mavic 3 looks mainly soft, I believe the Mini 3 Pro has better sharpness.
3 - I am surprised also for the amount of noise visible from ISO 200 that I see in the images of the Mavic 3, when I did expect less noise being a big sensor.

The images from Techdronemedia were the betters ones to play in post-processing, where I did see better how the images performs with my normal workflow. And at that point, I am  more reasonable happy.
But some sweet/sour conclusion ....

Any way, I am not going to take any decision to buy a Mavic 3 Classic until I can not have and compare the same scene taken with both drones and see the results.
Need to continue searching for that.

Thank you to all for answers !
2022-11-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

juan55 Posted at 11-9 07:31
For what I have seen until now, from the photographic point of view, I have arrived to these conclusions:

1 - It´s clear that the Mavic 3 Classic has a better DR.

Don't forget the Mini 3 just got the option to take softer images out of the box with a new style slider.
2022-11-9
Use props
fansf0bbdc3a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1573589 ft
Russia

3 - I am surprised also for the amount of noise visible from ISO 200 that I see in the images of the Mavic 3, when I did expect less noise being a big sensor.

all dji drones has aggressive noise reduction, especially with little sensors.
I can assume, mavic 3 has little post-processing (noise reduction, sharpness) because CPU power is limited and reading/packing data in h265/h264 loads strongly loads CPU
The load as strong as they cant pack 5.1k60p, only 5.1k50p
2022-11-9
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

fansf0bbdc3a Posted at 11-9 10:37

all dji drones has aggressive noise reduction, especially with little sensors.

Then this is a drawback, forcing you to eliminate always in post-processing the noise ... but if the image is already "kindly" soft, then the result is going to be more soft. I did imagine that if the image, although with noise, were more sharp.

People said the same with the Mini 3 Pro at the very beginning with the crash of the DJY Fly app in the RC. But they got a way to pack a powerful drone in such small weigh and size, with a competent controller.

So may be DJI can correct in next firmwares some of this.
2022-11-9
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 11-9 08:23
Don't forget the Mini 3 just got the option to take softer images out of the box with a new style slider.

Yeah .... I have just installed two days ago the last firmware/software app. But I like the sharpness of the Mini 3 Pro. In this case, I see in the other way around: the Mavic 3 Classic need more sharpness. And many people coming from photography has the same opinion. I have read many opinions about it, and almost every body agree: Mini 3 Pro is sharpest.
2022-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

juan55 Posted at 11-9 06:52
Thank you, I have already check that place
Yes Montfrooij, I also photograph with DSLR FF and there are a difference ... but in this case, I did expect better performance being the sensor of its camera a 4/3 !I need to evaluate if it´s worth for me to spend near 2.000€ in this drone or I just stay with the Mini 3 Pro.

It is not about the sensor.
The lens is the limiting factor here.
But (again) remember that this is a camera that can fly.
No other Hasselblad (or DSLR quality) camera can do that
They have to make compromises for that to work
2022-11-10
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am in the middle of comparing the Air2S to the Mavic 3 Classic "side by side" (I have had the 2s for over a year and just purchased the Mavic 3 Classic to evaluate it).
The biggest image quality difference between them is the dynamic range and color accuracy, Being a "newer" sensor, the Mavic 3 has a noticeable advantage.  The DNG files have a much better "range" and details, especially clouds against the sky, so optimizing and tweaking give better results.
The low-light stuff is, of course, much better in those same ways.
As far as "sharpness" they are damn near the same SOOC (straight out of camera) and JPEG but, again, tweaking the DNGs to taste reveals noticeably better results. I did try a Mini 3 pro as well and the "sharpness" is a bit better than either the Air2s or the Mavic 3 but I feel it is just reflecting some sort of added sharpness in the sensor/processing and not a better camera, per se.
So far the best "feature" for me is the cruise control on the Mavic 3 Classic! Loving that and the increased flight time more than any photo advantages, so far.
2022-11-10
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

jmb63 Posted at 11-10 03:13
I am in the middle of comparing the Air2S to the Mavic 3 Classic "side by side" (I have had the 2s for over a year and just purchased the Mavic 3 Classic to evaluate it).
The biggest image quality difference between them is the dynamic range and color accuracy, Being a "newer" sensor, the Mavic 3 has a noticeable advantage.  The DNG files have a much better "range" and details, especially clouds against the sky, so optimizing and tweaking give better results.

Mini 3 Pro has also cruise control, is a new feature coming with the last DJI Fly App update, at least using the RC controller. I don´t know if also works with RC-N1.
Thank you for your impressions Air2S vs Mavic 3 Classic, confirm my conclusions.

2022-11-10
Use props
fansf6c5ddac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1573589 ft
Russia

jmb63 Posted at 11-10 03:13

Could you pls share dng files of a2s, m3c? And if you have d-log video of that drones, it can be cool
2022-11-10
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

juan55 Posted at 11-10 06:33
Mini 3 Pro has also cruise control, is a new feature coming with the last DJI Fly App update, at least using the RC controller. I don´t know if also works with RC-N1.
Thank you for your impressions Air2S vs Mavic 3 Classic, confirm my conclusions.

I believe that the Mini 3 only has a cruise control function for hyperlapse operation? Not during "normal" operation like the Mavic 3? I did not look for it when I was testing the Mini 3 so I might be wrong but I saw a previous post regarding that.
2022-11-10
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

jmb63 Posted at 11-10 16:54
I believe that the Mini 3 only has a cruise control function for hyperlapse operation? Not during "normal" operation like the Mavic 3? I did not look for it when I was testing the Mini 3 so I might be wrong but I saw a previous post regarding that.

Yes, I think you are right ...
2022-11-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

juan55 Posted at 11-9 06:55
Thank you Tony, but I want to check the real difference between both drones with real images, when you process them and see the results from the photographic point of view. The tech specs in the paper don´t help too much.

You are most welcome. Please do not hesitate to post here if you need further assistance. Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules