Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Little vibration in video image Ph 3 advanced
1092 11 2015-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k.kavelaars
lvl.3

Netherlands

I wonder whether if there are more users of the Ph3 advanced observing a small vibration in video recording ?It looks like jello but it seems not to be the case...it seems to have a rhythm of about one second , there are more users who experienced this?
I'll have this isseu from the beginning may, it is not verry disturbing but dit not have this with my PH2..

2015-8-13
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

pulsating vibrations with a two sec. rythm is a gimbal fault. I had two of them if we both mean the same. There are other ppl here who had the same problem. They switched my Phantom and now its good, for now.
2015-8-13
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.3

Netherlands

How do you mean switched the phantom?
2015-8-13
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.3

Netherlands

Oh you mean you got a new bird..
2015-8-13
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-8-13 21:56
Oh you mean you got a new bird..

a "new" old bird, they switched it against another phantom but not brand new. But they changed the gimbal in my 2nd RMA and in my 3rd RMA the whole Phantom and Gimbal again.
2015-8-13
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.3

Netherlands

Well, its not that disturbing so i'll keep it this way
2015-8-13
Use props
mariano76
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509196 ft
Italy

I've noticed yesterday when landing an evident vibration of the aircraft just 1 meter from landing point and It was hovering and I can clearly see the aircraft vibrating and the gimbal failing to compensate this vibration... Wind was ~16 knots and vibrations were at frequency of around 4-5 hz as I have estimated.. I have a p3 advanced and carbon fiber props..
2015-10-17
Use props
GQ.
Second Officer

Canada

mariano76 Posted at 2015-10-17 17:51
I've noticed yesterday when landing an evident vibration of the aircraft just 1 meter from landing p ...

I also use carbon fibre props sometimes. It does not mean they are perfectly balanced. Important to check those propellers made of carbon and make sure they are perfectly balanced. They have no mercy.Make a test with the DJI non carbon propellers that come in the box with your P3A. Just to make sure you dont waist your time.
2015-10-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mariano76 Posted at 2015-10-18 08:51
I've noticed yesterday when landing an evident vibration of the aircraft just 1 meter from landing p ...

A gimbal will not compensate for vibration, it is designed to smooth out relatively large movements of the camera with respect to the mounting. The silicone rubber suspension mounts are there to try and smooth out some vibrations, but they have a limit on their effectiveness too.

In the case of this post, a rhythmic vibration may simply be an adjustment of the sensitivity of the gimbal, it would be a simple fix once it was returned to the workshop.

In your case, it may be worthwhile checking the balance of your props to see if the vibration can be eliminated.
2015-10-17
Use props
pi-inthesky
First Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

TRY CARRYING OUT PROP BALANCING
2015-10-17
Use props
mariano76
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509196 ft
Italy

which kind of prop balancer you have? i need a good one suitable for p3 props
2015-10-20
Use props
GQ.
Second Officer

Canada

mariano76 Posted at 2015-10-20 19:29
which kind of prop balancer you have? i need a good one suitable for p3 props

There is many brand on the market. I suggest you a good Google search. You will find it easy and Youtube have good videos also.

Wish you the best.

2015-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules