Can cruise control be used with regular RC-N1 remote?
1998 12 2022-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374557 ft
  • >>>
Canada

There is a new software update that enables cruise control for mini 3 pro for RC remote.
I wonder if that would work with regular RC-N1 remote as well like setting it to the Fn button?
2022-11-9
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

I don't see why not. The feature seems to be activated by pressing the function button.
2022-11-9
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

where do you see this new update of the RC? There is nothing available, when checking for update!
2022-11-9
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

UweE Posted at 11-9 13:45
where do you see this new update of the RC? There is nothing available, when checking for update!

2022-11-9
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

him7403 Posted at 11-9 13:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_HxsEgEs6c

okay, that's HYPERLAPSE cruise control, I thought you mean this for normal flights...
2022-11-9
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cruise control is available on the new Mavic 3 Classic, but for the others it's hyperlapse cruise control.
2022-11-9
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

UweE Posted at 11-9 13:56
okay, that's HYPERLAPSE cruise control, I thought you mean this for normal flights...

not sure if he showed only in hyperlapse.
If it's available it should be available for all.
2022-11-9
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

him7403 Posted at 11-9 14:15
not sure if he showed only in hyperlapse.
If it's available it should be available for all.

... I am of the opinion that the DJI Mini 3 Pro will not get general cruise control because it does not have all-round obstacle avoidance sensors...
That would be a bit too dangerous if the Mini 3 could just be turned in any direction automatically  let fly...
2022-11-9
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 11-9 22:54
... I am of the opinion that the DJI Mini 3 Pro will not get general cruise control because it does not have all-round obstacle avoidance sensors...
That would be a bit too dangerous if the Mini 3 could just be turned in any direction automatically  let fly...

Well that is a really bad argument. If you need this kind of safety (with being cautious yourself) than you should just not fly.
I would love to have cruise controll AND still watch where I am flying.
2022-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ElleKN Posted at 11-10 00:00
Well that is a really bad argument. If you need this kind of safety (with being cautious yourself) than you should just not fly.

I agree with you but they didnt add active track to the Mini2 due to lack of sensors but we know it can do it as Litchi implemented it.  
2022-11-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this inquiry to us. The DJI Mini 3 Pro with RC-N1 remote controller doesn't support the said feature. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-10
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

ElleKN Posted at 11-10 00:00

Agreed.
In Parallel Active Track, there's a prompt warning telling the user that obstacle avoidance isn't available.
A similar warning could be used, when using Cruise Control.

The user should have the option to use Cruise Control. Not DJI telling them NO.
2022-11-10
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

frankymusik Posted at 11-9 22:54

lol so you don't want it to have point of interest or any active tracking or quickshots that can go sideways/circle?
2022-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules