Ronin + Lightbridge
10796 22 2014-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

I get interference when using LB and Ronin radio.
Which radio controller is the best buy to use it with Ronin and Lightbridge?

2014-9-22
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

This is a normal phenomenon that two devices with same fruquency would interfere each other. So that is the reason why we provide the remote controller cables for people use LB as a signal output device .
You could use Futaba with FASST protocol
2014-9-22
Use props
Beunsr
lvl.2
France

hi, i just want to connect my LB to my RONIN, but i don't have the right cable (the one that goes between the ronin base plate and the LB output.
Does anybody know where to get it?
Thanks per advance.
2014-9-24
Use props
titorolon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4131 ft
Spain

You have two options, bought it at
http://1uas.com/The-cable-for-Li ... y-1UAS?search=ronin

Or you could build a D-tap adapter.

Take into account that connecting Lightbridge directly to its port it is only for power it.
I you wish to control your Ronin through Lightbridge you have to connect d-bus port of Lightbridge to Ronin or wait until the correct the firmware.
2014-9-24
Use props
Beunsr
lvl.2
France

OK, thanks, i'm gonna see the cable at 1UAS.
2014-9-24
Use props
esevila
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1907028 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

im stuck on this too. I have taranis connected to LB then LB connected to A2. Is there anyway I can have tilt control on the ronin as I dont want to use the 2.4G remote that comes with the ronin.

I can swap out to a FAAST transmitter if needs be.

Can I split the SBUS cable that goes from LB to A2 so that it also goes to the Ronin?

There must be  way
2014-10-3
Use props
kicapiproductio
New

Malaysia

Anyone successfully use the LB with RONIN so far? Any sample/ example of your setup in details? I am planning to buy LB to use with my current RONIN setup but not sure its success rate will be worth spending the USD 1,400 on it.

Thanks
2014-11-12
Use props
titorolon
lvl.2
Spain

kicapiproductio Posted at 2014-11-13 14:32
Anyone successfully use the LB with RONIN so far? Any sample/ example of your setup in details? I am ...

I'm using Lightbridge with the Ronin, what you have to do is connect the D-Bus output of the Lightbridge to D-Bus Ronin input, for control.
For powering Lightbridge you have to build you own cable or buy it a 1uas.com
2014-11-13
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3540098 ft
Bulgaria

titorolon Posted at 2014-11-13 18:20
I'm using Lightbridge with the Ronin, what you have to do is connect the D-Bus output of the Light ...

Hello titorolon
I am trying to connect the Lightbridge to RONIN with my Spektrum DX7s. Until now I have powered the Lightbridge trough LB RONIN port and connected them with D-BUS cable. On the ground side I have my Spektrum connected to the LB and all the needed channels works properly. My problem is when connect LB receiver to assistant app I don't see any of the channels move and it does not allow me to map them. Also RONIN does not respond to sticks commands. Any suggestion please. Merry Christmas to all and happy flights.
2014-12-25
Use props
titorolon
lvl.2
Spain

mitarashki Posted at 2014-12-26 00:01
Hello titorolon
I am trying to connect the Lightbridge to RONIN with my Spektrum DX7s. Until now I ...

Hi, Sorry for the late response.
Try to change channel one by one, and check what happens.
2015-1-16
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3540098 ft
Bulgaria

titorolon Posted at 2015-1-17 02:36
Hi, Sorry for the late response.
Try to change channel one by one, and check what happens.

Thank you. I have figured it out. Now it works perfect. I am just wondering how big is the problem when using LB only as video down link and RONIN controls at the same time controling my copter with another 2,4ghz TX ?
2015-3-4
Use props
atlrivas
lvl.2

Mexico

Hi, I connect my LB to Ronin , through the LB to give energy and the camera through micro HDMI port , and I have the original control but causes interference to LB and completely loses quality and generates a lot of noise , also I comment the sound of the fan air LB is very annoying for scenes with dialogues . I do not feel at ease because of LB and spend what does not work with the original Control, in previous comments say that it would have to buy a futaba control with FASST protocol,   any option to LB ?
2015-3-4
Use props
atlrivas
lvl.2

Mexico

mitarashki Posted at 2015-3-5 05:59
Thank you. I have figured it out. Now it works perfect. I am just wondering how big is the problem ...

in my experience , I commented that connect the LBair to LB Ronin port , and HDMI video , but when you turn the Tx Ronin cause interference in the LB and looks very bad image . regards
2015-3-4
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

atlrivas Posted at 2015-3-5 09:58
Hi, I connect my LB to Ronin , through the LB to give energy and the camera through micro HDMI port  ...

Yeah LB and Original RC are both 2.4GHz.
For new edition RC (with a training port backward), you can linking training port to LB ground, LB air Dbus input to Ronin DBus/PPM port.
Thus RC will not send radio signal and can control Ronin too
2015-3-4
Use props
atlrivas
lvl.2

Mexico

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-3-5 11:19
Yeah LB and Original RC are both 2.4GHz.
For new edition RC (with a training port backward), you c ...

you're right , acquired an rc and made the connections you mention and it works perfect . but the fan noise is still annoying ( LB air)
2015-3-5
Use props
atlrivas
lvl.2

Mexico

both controls operating at 2.4 GHz
2015-3-5
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

atlrivas Posted at 2015-3-6 09:38
you're right , acquired an rc and made the connections you mention and it works perfect . but the  ...

Thanks for your sharing,
The LB fan speed cannot be adjusted till now. You could fix the LB air at the back of Roll arm trying increase the distance.
Or you can do software denoise when post-processing.
2015-3-5
Use props
atlrivas
lvl.2

Mexico

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-3-6 11:17
Thanks for your sharing,
The LB fan speed cannot be adjusted till now. You could fix the LB air a ...

thanks for the advice , I'm actually going to make a box of aluminum to make a silencer type , when I get it I upload photos. regards
2015-3-7
Use props
felix.e
New

Germany

atlrivas Posted at 2015-3-8 05:07
thanks for the advice , I'm actually going to make a box of aluminum to make a silencer type , whe ...

I am also interested on how to reduce the noise. If would appreciate if you upload your pictures.

Another idea might be to replace the fan with a more silent one. What do you think?
2015-3-15
Use props
atlrivas
lvl.2

Mexico

felix.e@gmx.de Posted at 2015-3-16 00:50
I am also interested on how to reduce the noise. If would appreciate if you upload your pictures.

Hi, had not had time to upload photos and comment you as I did to reduce fan noise Lightbridge , I made several shielding with aluminum and the truth is not significantly reduces noise , so I solved it with another perspective , weld an LED in the negative fan cable to use as resistance , with that coarse to reduce speed and do not make so much noise . I works fine so far , the housing warms both with and without resistance . hope you serve my comments , remember the changes you make are your responsibility . I just share as resolved , Greetings.Annex video of the Lightbridge stay as quiet air

Video no noise Fan Lightbridge

2015-3-30
Use props
fans48d27d91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597277 ft
United States

i am trying to understand how the light bridge works on the ronin M?  do you haven information how that works do i need to buy a video dongle to connect camera to the light bridge  and or do i need to buy more light bridge equipment?  i don't want gimbal control just to view a downlink stream of my video to my mobile device / monitor
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans48d27d91 Posted at 2016-12-24 01:56
i am trying to understand how the light bridge works on the ronin M?  do you haven information how that works do i need to buy a video dongle to connect camera to the light bridge  and or do i need to buy more light bridge equipment?  i don't want gimbal control just to view a downlink stream of my video to my mobile device / monitor

Just to clarify, are you using Lightbridge 1 or Lightbridge 2?
2016-12-23
Use props
Luc384
lvl.1
Flight distance : 938 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi there, is there any tutorial somwhere explaining how to connect the Ronin to a LB1 ? I just want to use this to have a field monitor to ba able to controle the focus from my camera...
Kind regards,
Luc
2017-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules