676 3 2022-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G1tgudscrub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1434603 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I ran my OA3 last weekend. Which in California kinda got pretty cold.

This was my second time taking the OA3 out to my airsoft field for games, except this time it was entirely at night.

At the beginning of the day. No real problems I noticed. One touch turned on and recorded as usual. I did have my OA3 plugged into my battery bank the entire time. But the outside temp was like 60F or at least it felt like that.

Recording in 4k/30frames, EIS was OFF due to low-light and I kept the FOV to Wide.

I would notice about midway through the night, the camera started to really "lag" when pressing the recording button. I started to have trust issues if it was recording or not (which it being on my hat made it a little difficult to remove with the rest of my gear used to play airsoft. At least, its not as quick as simply "removing a hat".
Thus resulting in my ending the recording, which sometimes took some time to hear the audible end recording sound. Which seemed to vary.... Like 2 seconds, sometimes like 6 seconds. It was kinda inconsistent. Then restarting a recording seemed laggy too, In my office, boot up to record seemed to happen in less than <3 seconds.

But on the field, it was getting to 6 seconds and sometimes didn't even start recording.

When I couldnt hear any audible feedback from the camera, I'd remove my hat to inspect it to see it "stuck" Which resulted in 2 battery pulls to reset the camera.
During recording, it would automatically end the recording after a few seconds, or sometimes after 1-2 minutes of recording.

My files got weird, with 5Mb videos files, to 22Mb video files as this "stutter" was happening.

Not sure if its a "cold" issue. I was using a different SD card from my first outing with this camera. Its a Samsung EVO Select 256gb U3.

The previous card w/o issue was a SanDisk Extreme 256GB

2022-11-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I see people have most problems with Samsung cards, and I doubt it is the unit itself.

2022-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you share an example?
2022-11-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to back up all the files on the said SD card and try to reformat it then have a test to see if the issue persists? If yes, kindly please use a different SD card or use your SanDisk Extreme and have a test for us to further isolate the issue. You may upload the footage showing the issue on Google drive or Youtube and send the link here so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules