UK hates drones - Angry residents
1077 4 2022-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shifty007UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118816 ft
United Kingdom

I flew my drone high over a residential garden to land the drone back into the open field. Angry man came out and said you cant fly over my property! He looked the type who has a shot gun and doesn’t keep it in a cabinet if you know what I mean. Didn’t fancy the you don’t own the airspace argument, have an A2 CofC and was in low speed mode with the C1 etc!
2022-11-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your location doesn't have the only drone haters they seem to be a few of them everywhere.  Not worth even trying to reason with them which is why I fly as remotely as possible.  
2022-11-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No matter what qualification you have, or what equipment you're using, you'll occasionally come across some affronted know-all intent on ruining your day. I think many of us have had just such a confrontation.
Choosing a stealthy take-off  and landing point should maybe be part of the pre-flight checks
2022-11-14
Use props
Bear in the air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 554 ft
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 11-14 13:00
No matter what qualification you have, or what equipment you're using, you'll occasionally come across some affronted know-all intent on ruining your day. I think many of us have had just such a confrontation.
Choosing a stealthy take-off  and landing point should maybe be part of the pre-flight checks

As a newbie, dealing with pig ignorant chavs who can't even spell the word Drone is one of my biggest worries.
2022-11-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bear in the air Posted at 11-19 17:38
As a newbie, dealing with pig ignorant chavs who can't even spell the word Drone is one of my biggest worries.

I hear you.  Fortunately, such incidents are rare.
2022-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules