2557 19 2022-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy947
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165915 ft
Germany

Hello,

is this a fake Battery? Does anyone have experience with it?

DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Plus (4300mAH) from Aliexpress.

DJI Mini 3 Pro Battery 4300mAH

DJI Mini 3 Pro Battery 4300mAH

bg Andy
2022-11-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

it's a knock-off.  buy and use at your own risk (personally, i would extremely not recommend it).

seems way overpriced but i guess there are europeans who are keen to pay up due to unavailability?
2022-11-16
Use props
Andy947
lvl.4
Germany

The Saint Posted at 11-16 14:52
it's a knock-off.  buy and use at your own risk (personally, i would extremely not recommend it).

seems way overpriced but i guess there are europeans who are keen to pay up due to unavailability?

Thx for the fast answer.

In terms of price, that hardly makes a difference in Europe. But I agree with you, it remains a risk. Too much risk and too much price.
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We strongly recommend purchasing a battery from an authorized retail store and resellers in your location to ensure that you received a genuine product. You may access the link below for your reference. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores
2022-11-16
Use props
Andy947
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-16 20:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We strongly recommend purchasing a battery from an authorized retail store and resellers in your location to ensure that you received a genuine product. You may access the link below for your reference. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores

Thanks, was just a thought that I immediately pushed aside. I totally agree with you. It's just safer with a verified dealer.

2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Andy947 Posted at 11-16 21:06
Thanks, was just a thought that I immediately pushed aside. I totally agree with you. It's just safer with a verified dealer.

You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Happy flying always!
2022-11-17
Use props
Andy947
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-17 03:27
You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Happy flying always!

thanks, very nice service!
2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Andy947 Posted at 11-17 04:55
thanks, very nice service!

No worries. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-11-18
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

I saw that too.
2023-1-24
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
United States

I saw that too. I also saw the steep price. I think I'll wait, both for others to report on it, & for competition to bring the price down. Everything is most expensive when they 1st become available. I'm interested to know the weight of it; simply giving more energy isn't much worthwhile if that also increases the weight. Maybe, DJI will take notice & make available similar batteries with improved flight times. If there is no market for this, there wouldn't be someone offering the improvement over DJI's own product. Hint, DJI?
2023-1-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BroomRider Posted at 1-24 07:36
I saw that too. I also saw the steep price. I think I'll wait, both for others to report on it, & for competition to bring the price down. Everything is most expensive when they 1st become available. I'm interested to know the weight of it; simply giving more energy isn't much worthwhile if that also increases the weight. Maybe, DJI will take notice & make available similar batteries with improved flight times. If there is no market for this, there wouldn't be someone offering the improvement over DJI's own product. Hint, DJI?

you're replying to an old, old thread and also, if you are in the usa, this battery is not for you.
2023-1-24
Use props
dannydoidoi
lvl.2

Romania

here is a guy that test it against the dji plus battery
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mini-3-pro-losoncoer-4300mah-battery-review.134540/
2023-1-24
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-24 09:18
you're replying to an old, old thread and also, if you are in the usa, this battery is not for you.

I saw the battery mentioned & was curious about it, so I did a search.

2 months ago is “old”?

2nd question, re: if I'm in the USA, why?
2023-1-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BroomRider Posted at 1-24 15:41

2 months ago is “old”?

ok i had one too many "olds" but it's old when the answer is done and nothing much addeded and pretty much answered by dji.  of course, it's a public forum and you can post anytime anywhere but it's a fast moving forum.  why would you pay double for a knockoff?  the smart battery is an integral part of the drone and it's important and if you use this knockoff, even in america where we are pretty lenient, you will likely lose your warranty in the event of a related crash.  makes zero sense and in america, weight is immaterial but i understand if our europeans friends are seeking solutions.
2023-1-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BroomRider Posted at 1-24 15:41

2 months ago is “old”?

Yeah, it makes no sense especially when you can get the official Plus battery in the US anyway, saving a couple of bucks makes no sense when it comes to $1000 drone. I would never risk it, heck, i wouldnt even for the Mini 2 unless DJI stopped selling that battery, then i might be tempted but they would be nervous flights.
2023-1-24
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-24 17:54
ok i had one too many "olds" but it's old when the answer is done and nothing much addeded and pretty much answered by dji.  of course, it's a public forum and you can post anytime anywhere but it's a fast moving forum.  why would you pay double for a knockoff?  the smart battery is an integral part of the drone and it's important and if you use this knockoff, even in america where we are pretty lenient, you will likely lose your warranty in the event of a related crash.  makes zero sense and in america, weight is immaterial but i understand if our europeans friends are seeking solutions.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't give much credence to the recommendation that I only buy batteries from the manufacturer, when it's made by the same representative(s) of the group that sells their own (proprietary) battery.

Besides, I simply don't trust DJI & for a whole list of reasons, which I shan't post here, not wanting to derail the topic any more than I might have already.

I think it highly likely that when 1 or more of the batteries I already have dies, my bird will be out of warranty anyway. I'm quite likely to disassemble the dead one(s) to see what I can do to increase their capacity without increasing their weight.

You're quite correct in that, currently (no pun intended), that aftermarket 4300mAh battery isn't worth purchasing at that price, esp. without any competitors in the same capacity class.

However, since it's out there on the market already, I rather doubt that it'll lack for competitors at some point, if for nothing else, in price if not capacity.

I'll note that I don't think that I'd be the only person to find a ~10% increase in flying time with no additional weight for the M3P unattractive.

My last sentence of my OP might be taken by DJI as a hint, that at some point the heat will likely be turned up, as nothing spurs improvements like competition.
2023-1-25
Use props
djiuser_9XPxXSMK9RLr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7230000 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ve actually purchased this battery. I’ve done several test on it compared to DJI battery plus. The hover time down to 9% auto landing was 35 a 36 minutes. The weight is actually the same as DJI’s. It actually appears to be the same battery as DJI’s relabeled. The 4300mah claim is garbage.
2023-1-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BroomRider Posted at 1-25 07:05
Thank you for your reply.

I don't give much credence to the recommendation that I only buy batteries from the manufacturer, when it's made by the same representative(s) of the group that sells their own (proprietary) battery.

The earliest you would have bought it would be May i think, therefore, you're still under warranty, even the batteries have 12 months (200 cycles) with DJI nowadays.

As for the battery, thats up to you, we can only advise not to buy anything else other than official DJI.

Look at it this way, if you buy a none DJI battery and it fails for whatever reason in the air and it drops the drone or if it sets on fire on the ground, at the very BEST case scenario you will get a refund for the battery, thats really pushing it mind cause they will hit you with all the excuses under the sun.

Now then, if it was an official DJI battery, and the battery failed and the drone got damaged in the process, and after DJI's investigation into the flight logs, you can bet ya last $ that they would either fix or replace the drone and battery.

The risk is too great to even contemplate for many of us, for the price its just not worth risking your $1000 drone...
2023-1-25
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If DJI would make the Plus Battery globally available none of these problems would exist. For me, living in germany, having the A2 license, I would love to have the choice under which circumstances I fly the M3P. If it is away from people using the plus battery and flying the M3P with >250g TOM would be perfectly legal.
Not being able to buy the Plus battery from DJI means I have to look for other supply sources if I want to have one. That's no good.
2023-1-25
Use props
Tanasit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

Agree to all of you BUT it will be interesting if,  say the price drops down to 1/2 of the DJI's.
2023-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules