2376 12 2022-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love the M3T platform so far. I feel like it has huge potential to become even better. Some things that could've significantly helped me in recent commercial projects:

- The new High-res grid shooting is a great tool, but sometimes the photos do not overlap, which makes it very difficult/impossible to stitch the photos together on a PC. For this reason, I still manually shoot this if I need ultra-high res imagery

- DNG captures - JPEGs are overprocessed. DNG has better detail which allows inspection photos to be much clearer.

- Video is a little overprocessed and oversharpened. If possible allow higher bitrate if screen/IR record is off

- Give ability to close the Thermal camera shutter to protect it from the sun. Sometimes there will be sunset flights and it's inevitable that the thermal camera will face the sun, and since it's always on/always recording even if you're using the regular cameras, this can cause damage.

- Allow a tracking mode, similar to M30T

- ADS-B warnings last for one or two seconds before they disappear, even though the aircraft is still broadcasting and nearby. For this reason, the AR display warning is never seen.

- Ability to drop a POI that displays coordinates on screen (extremely useful for search and rescue).

- Allow installation of DJI Fly 2 app onto the RC Pro Enterprise to control other aircraft

I hope this was useful. Thanks for this amazing tool!

2022-11-17
Use props
RMKHFD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25925 ft
United States

I agree with every single option!!!
2022-12-17
Use props
Tissy387
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634022 ft
United Kingdom

Agree with all the above
2022-12-21
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Everything you listed is precisely why I’m now not going to buy one. It would be a nice compliment to my thermal scopes & other tech, but I’m not looking forward to the SURPRISE! features missing & empty promises by DJI yet again.

I've been researching, reading, keeping my eye on what may seem like minor inconveniences or missing features, but combined with the other nuances that I'll find as with my previous DJI products will then make it seem like another waste of cash. Nothing ever comes about from reporting stuff or requesting "stuff." Heck, my current drone STILL doesn't have the promised features from 3 years ago & never will.

I'll keep an eye on the slow, incomplete firmware updates & user videos but I'm not confident it'll happen. It doesn't even work with the new goggles - how much more money until it does?  No POI or pin dropping too? How's search & rescue supposed to return accurately & efficiently to a spot after a battery change?  What a bummer on such an improved drone (it does have an incredible suite of neat new tech though obviously)...

2022-12-21
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does DJI even look at the "Pro Systems" section of their forums? You, I and many others have tried bringing these oddly missing basic features to their attention. So far there's no evidence that our concerns are even being read by DJI. This is no way to treat your highest level tier customers.
2022-12-21
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-21 11:53
Does DJI even look at the "Pro Systems" section of their forums? You, I and many others have tried bringing these oddly missing basic features to their attention. So far there's no evidence that our concerns are even being read by DJI. This is no way to treat your highest level tier customers.

Yea, no love.

Well unfortunately, the “other” thermal drone company has their own set of issues too! How frustrating…

Because the Mavic 3T STILL is probably the one I’m gonna buy after a full day of researching & scouring the internet for information.

And DJI’s side-by-side is more appealing than the overlay. Wow, this is a tough call & the DJI is non-returnable. Resale is near impossible on these drones, too… I’ve had a heck of a time selling previous drones in the past for any meaningful amount.

I do like how customizable the other drone’s thermal is though. JUST like my thermal devices I currently have, being able to customize how exactly the thermal detects, brightness & contrast, detail & noise control… is absolutely game changing in its effectiveness and speed at which you can detect or track a lifeform. This is key to using this stuff tactically since these microbolometers (the thermal sensor) aren’t tuned to perfection from the factory (usually tuned to too high contrast, which washes out terrain & surroundings & situational awareness).

I’m super impressed with the pricing of all this tech. Going small like the 12 nanometer sensor allows for less use of the uber expensive germanium in the lens. Heck, 10-15 years ago thermals were $30k-$50k just because all the germanium they needed for the monstrous lenses!

So IN REALITY, it really looks like an end user has to pick their poison… how unfortunate, at any cost. <insert sad face here>
2022-12-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

Well you’re definitely correct about the over processing of images and video! Jpegs look like my Mavic 3T dropped acid or something… everything looks melted & grainy.
2023-3-8
Use props
nt8oiNTciYhI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330102 ft
United States

Since I spent so much for this drone I'd also like to see the following:

Multiple frame rates for HD and 4k - not just 30fps
Ability to adjust the white balance manually.
2023-3-29
Use props
ihmunro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 431437 ft
Canada

I recently purchased a Mavic 3T – mainly for doing Thermal Work.

However, when using it, I was a little shocked to see that all the functions on the Mavic 3 are not available on the Mavic 3T – No Raw, No Mastershots, No POI tracking etc.

Sure, you may say, why would you need these on a thermal camera, but why not let the user decide.  During inspections, you still need to use the camera, so why not RAW at least.

Not sure why all the options are not turned on.
2023-4-18
Use props
djiuser_NCjMoze6Z8aM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I agree, I'm seriously considering returning my 3T and getting a pro instead
2023-6-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

7 1/2 months and 3 firmware updates later this whole list is still relevant. That's sad.
2023-6-30
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just as an update, I've sold my Mavic 3T. Almost every feedback I've given above was ignored, so that was the last DJI Enterprise drone for me, lessons learned.
2023-11-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

One year later and nothing from this list has been implemented. Not even a comment from DJI in a whole year. I don't blame you for giving up hope and jumping ship. The lack of an SDK has ruined consumer DJI's reputation and trust. DJI Enterprise's failure to listen to their customers has left a stain as well. DJI tried the whole divide and conquer strategy thinking it would increase sales. All they did was make both sides angry and look for other drone manufacturers.
2023-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules