My iPad Mini 4 screen is laggy with my Mini 2
682 3 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

I have an iPad Mini 4 that I bought to fly my Spark drones with and now that I have a Mavic Mini 2, I find that my video feed from the drone is very laggy and it makes me nervous to fly my Mini 2 as it makes it difficult to know where it actually is in forward flight. The iPad Mini 4 has 2Gb of ram and 32Gb of memory. It also has WiFi and Cellular but I do not use the cellular at all. I have uninstalled most of the apps except for the ones I rely on to fly and I have turned off all of the automatic app updates. Is there any settings in the controller that I can change to cure this? Is there a fix for this at all?

Thank you for any and all help on this.

2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We regret to inform you that the iPad mini 4 has not been tested by our engineers yet. When used with the DJI Fly app, unknown issues may occur, such as freezing, crashing, and recording errors, which will affect your user experience. Other versions of iPad Mini can still be used however, we cannot guarantee that all the functions will work with DJI Fly and Mini 2. We strongly recommend using a compatible device for your unit. You may refer to the link below for the list of the compatible devices for the DJI Fly app. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-11-19
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-19 00:41
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We regret to inform you that the iPad mini 4 has not been tested by our engineers yet. When used with the DJI Fly app, unknown issues may occur, such as freezing, crashing, and recording errors, which will affect your user experience. Other versions of iPad Mini can still be used however, we cannot guarantee that all the functions will work with DJI Fly and Mini 2. We strongly recommend using a compatible device for your unit. You may refer to the link below for the list of the compatible devices for the DJI Fly app. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.

Hello. This is very disappointing news. DJI must realize that there are so many different devices out there that use the DJI Fly app and that the iPads are among the supposedly most reliable tablets for use with a lot of the DJI line of drones.

Compatibility should be a top priority when developing apps in my opinion. The list you gave me a link to seems to support a lot of Apple phone products and no iPads at all. I would like to hope that the iPad Mini 4 would be in that list.

I sincerely hope that the list of compatible devices will be a new concern of the DJI software engineers in the very near future.

Thank you.
2022-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

graywoulf Posted at 11-19 07:59
Hello. This is very disappointing news. DJI must realize that there are so many different devices out there that use the DJI Fly app and that the iPads are among the supposedly most reliable tablets for use with a lot of the DJI line of drones.

Compatibility should be a top priority when developing apps in my opinion. The list you gave me a link to seems to support a lot of Apple phone products and no iPads at all. I would like to hope that the iPad Mini 4 would be in that list.

We really appreciate your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules