699 7 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Unlocked Geo Zone works ok.
Except it does not stick after each power off.
So after I change battery, it would go back to "Unable to take off, restricted zone".
And I have to connect to Fly App's unlock geo zone setting to get it to take off again.  
Please fix, thanks.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We will coordinate this to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-18
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

I have the same problem.
2022-11-30
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I don't know if you call it a problem. It's been that way from the start. I use the unlock feature as far back as my mavic pro. It's always been that way. It's been mentioned years ago. And it still hasn't changed
2022-11-30
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

SgtRay Posted at 11-30 09:32
I don't know if you call it a problem. It's been that way from the start. I use the unlock feature as far back as my mavic pro. It's always been that way. It's been mentioned years ago. And it still hasn't changed

For GPS drone, it's ok, as you NEED DJI Fly to work and fly the drone anyways.
But Avata is different as you don't need DJI Fly app to fly the drone.   It's quite a hassle having to connect to phone everytime I start the Avata or change battery.   
2022-11-30
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

nosnoop Posted at 11-30 16:21
For GPS drone, it's ok, as you NEED DJI Fly to work and fly the drone anyways.
But Avata is different as you don't need DJI Fly app to fly the drone.   It's quite a hassle having to connect to phone everytime I start the Avata or change battery.

I has to be done with the FPV drone also. I don't always fly my Mavic pro with the app. It's not req. But ether way I doubt their goanna fix it at this point
2022-12-1
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

it would be easy if the goggles could connect to your phone using wifi or bluetooth , and you could do the unlock from the goggles directly.
Just for unlocking only!

as mentioned other GPS drones, you NEED the phone, so you have it connected every time you fly, so unlocking is fast and easy.
Not on the avata (and fpv). You have to get out your phone, connect the cable (you need a longer cable than the supllied one... otherwise your phone is somwhere at your shoulder) and unlock.
Disconnect the phone, put it all away again.... it's just a hassle... it could be much, much easier (and it should be imho)
2022-12-2
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

BadBert Posted at 12-2 00:21
it would be easy if the goggles could connect to your phone using wifi or bluetooth , and you could do the unlock from the goggles directly.
Just for unlocking only!

I don't disagree that it's a pain. My BMX video I had to do it every time for every race. But I don't think they're going to fix it. I've had this situation since I got my Mavic pro when it 1st came out.

P.S. And I absolutely do not have to use my phone to fly the Mavic pro.  As I said I do it all the time. When I 1st started learning my maneuvers I did them all line of sight and didn't bother to hook up a tablet or phone.
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules