2479 2 2022-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sDJMBllmmCeJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1503366 ft
Romania

Hello everyone!

I am in the market for the newly-released Mavic 3E/3T in order to create 3D models for houses and their roofs (an accuracy of 5-10cm is acceptable). Ideally I would like to go with the 3T given that it features a thermal camera, however, I couldn't find any information as to whether this drone generates raw GNSS files that are suitable for PPK. Does anyone know if these rover files are generated when using the 3T with the optional RTK module installed?

The other question I have pertains to manual shooting. I've read in the User Manual of the Phantom 4 RTK that the raw files are not saved when taking pictures in manual mode:

The raw satellite observations are stored in the same directory as the aerial photos. They will only be recorded during Photogrammetry or Waypoint Flight operations. For Waypoint Flight operations, route recording should be disabled in Route Settings. Otherwise, the raw satellite observations cannot be recorded. In other situations, such as flying the aircraft and shooting manually, the data will not be recorded.

The User Manual of the Mavic 3E/3T makes no mention about this (nor does it say anything about PPK...). So can I expect the same behaviour as for the Phantom 4 RTK? That would be very disappointing considering that I am not interested in flying in any of the automated modes...

Looking forward to answers from those of you operating the Mavic 3E/3T.

Thank-you!
2022-11-20
Use props
kuson
lvl.1

Thailand

I'm fiddling around and noticed that when I record a video on the Drone as a mp4 file, an SRT file (subtitle file) is generated which if u use vlc player that reads the subtitle file alongside, you see the raw GPS data kept ... not sure of manual photos though will check
2022-12-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

https://www.aerotas.com/phantom-4-rtk-ppk-processing-workflow
2022-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules