Avata First Flight and Some Questions.
2096 5 2022-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nnhood
lvl.1

United States

Well, did the first flight today and I have to say after I got used to the goggles I was zipping around pretty good, that circle really helps as a focus point. This is my FPV flying of any kind. I got the Avata Pro View Kit.
Couple questions, I have a 128GB memory card in the drone and also in the headset. When I went to get my footage I copied the footage off the Goggles which has the overlay on top of the video. Does it record the footage both to the goggles and the drone?
When I found the options in the goggles it listed the internal and the SD card. But which SD card? Only 1 was listed. It didn't say Drone SD and Goggles SD.
Should I be putting a memory card in the Goggles OR the Drone and NOT both?
I downloaded the DJI assistant and I turned on the drone and plugged it right into my gaming PC, but it didn't pop up as anything. If I turn the Avata on and plug it into the PC do I get a pop up window like if I plugged in a flash drive?   Do you have to run DJI assistant?   I know some people download to their iPad, but I just want direct to PC.
Just wondered if anyone else has messed around with these settings.
Thanks!
Matt

2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, nnhood. Thank you for reaching out, and we're glad that you're having a great time with your DJI Avata. Please note that there is an option to save the footage on either the goggles or drone only, or to both. To double-check, please go to your Goggles Settings>Camera>Advance Camera Settings>Record With. If you select "Both", then it will be recorded to the goggles and the aircraft. As for the storage options (SD card or Internal Storage), it's for the aircraft since only the aircraft have internal storage. Additionally, please be reminded that only videos and screen recordings can be saved to the goggles. The SD card on the goggles is for extra storage and backup. Concerning the DJI Assistant 2, please make sure that you are using the correct software. For the Avata, you should use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and you may install it from this link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata). You use this mainly for firmware updates, exporting logs, or calibrations. If you only need to transfer your files/videos, there's no need to use the software. If the material is saved on the internal storage of the DJI Avata, use a USB-C cable to connect the aircraft and the PC to export them. If the material is in an SD card, you can insert the SD card into the aircraft, use a USB-C cable to connect the aircraft and the PC, or put the SD card into the card reader, connect the card reader to the PC to export them.
The export steps for connecting the aircraft to the PC are as below:
1. Use the USB-C cable to connect to the aircraft and PC.
2. Select the corresponding disk, then find the folder named DCIM, and save it locally on the PC.
Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-20
Use props
fans261fb30e
New
Flight distance : 46995 ft

Poland

Hello,
I have also been flying Dji Avata for several weeks, at the beginning I changed the H.264 codec to H.265 in the camera settings. Now I wanted to undo it and I don't remember where it was in the settings ;) my computer has problems with such material.
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans261fb30e Posted at 11-21 13:15
Hello,
I have also been flying Dji Avata for several weeks, at the beginning I changed the H.264 codec to H.265 in the camera settings. Now I wanted to undo it and I don't remember where it was in the settings ;) my computer has problems with such material.

Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that the coding format cannot be adjusted manually on the goggles. By default, the format is H.264 codec. But, there is one setting that can change the codec to H.265. When you enable "Broadcast Mode", the coding of videos recorded by the aircraft would be H.265. To disable it, you can go to Goggles Settings>Transmission>Pilot>Broadcasting. Hope this helps! Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-22
Use props
fans261fb30e
New
Flight distance : 46995 ft

Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 11-22 02:52
Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that the coding format cannot be adjusted manually on the goggles. By default, the format is H.264 codec. But, there is one setting that can change the codec to H.265. When you enable "Broadcast Mode", the coding of videos recorded by the aircraft would be H.265. To disable it, you can go to Goggles Settings>Transmission>Pilot>Broadcasting. Hope this helps! Thank you for your valued support.

ok, but I still have the impression that somewhere you could edit the type of recording for avatar mp4 or mov and there was also a choice of H.264 and H.265.
Screenshot-2020-07-28-at-11.11.17-AM.png
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans261fb30e Posted at 11-22 13:29
ok, but I still have the impression that somewhere you could edit the type of recording for avatar mp4 or mov and there was also a choice of H.264 and H.265.

Thank you for your response. We regret to inform you that this option is not available on the Goggles 2. What we will do instead is we will have your feedback forwarded to our engineers for consideration. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules