Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Everything working perfectly! Step forward
2304 31 2015-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
storm1000
lvl.2

United States

With the countless threads about firmware issues, pilot app issues, connection issues, video issues yadda yadda....  it makes one wonder...  "dang, is there anyone out there having NO issues?" lol
So, please, if you have a P3P or similar and have flown through many hours, days and batteries without incident (or very few/minor incidents), step forward and report that here.  Sharing your current setup would also help.. (ie device, FW version, pilot app version etc).

If anything, for those who are thinking about a new P3P drone or just got one, but have yet to set it up... this will show that... "yes, its possible to purchase a P3P and enjoy all its fruits without incident" lol  Or, on the flipside, maybe everyone is having issues (hate to think that).

Either way, we'll find out soon won't we? ;-)  Lets see what this thread brings.

2015-8-13
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

i have never had absolutely any issues, that were not user's fault or bad cables or not putting phone in airplane mode or not reading manual FULLY!
My P3 has flown rock solid from out of the box

have a nice day to you all
2015-8-13
Use props
sudiste
lvl.2

Monaco

Yes there are people out there with no issues.

It's the nature of a Internet Forum that the Issues are boiled, re-heated...
Check the internet for issues of the Car you are driving, you get scary

2015-8-13
Use props
storm1000
lvl.2

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-14 14:20
i have never had absolutely any issues, that were not user's fault or bad cables or not putting phon ...

Thanks for reporting... and so true!
2015-8-13
Use props
storm1000
lvl.2

United States

sudiste Posted at 2015-8-14 14:22
Yes there are people out there with no issues.

It's the nature of a Internet Forum that the Issues  ...

Good point!  Forums generally attract all those with issues, so not representative of the general drone populous.  Still felt compelled to throw out this thread and see what it attracts lol.  Thanks
2015-8-13
Use props
pcmeid
lvl.2

South Africa

Hi, never had any issues with my P3 P. Always on the latest FW and app.
85 flights, 7.5 hours and 100km flown.

Fantastic hobby.
2015-8-13
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

storm1000 Posted at 2015-8-14 14:27
Good point!  Forums generally attract all those with issues, so not representative of the general  ...

i seriously put a lot of the blame for  the :p3 went bat shit crazy" or the "fly-aways" on this constant compass recalibration, most of which i bet are not done correctly. there are easier and more secure way to see if p3 compass readings are good, apart from just checking the mod values!!
2015-8-13
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.1

Belgium

No issues here aswell with P3A, flying on 1.1.9 FW from beginning. I won't upgrade my FW because "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
Ok, maybe lag on video feed, but that's fixable by disabling google play.
Loving my P3A although I don't have many occasions to fly...
2015-8-13
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

No issues here.
2015-8-13
Use props
ThijsvdB
lvl.1

Netherlands

Except for the slightly tilted horizon, I've flown 50 times without issues! P3A, DJI Pilot & GO on Google Nexus 4 (latest firmware v1.3.20)
2015-8-14
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

Phantom 3 Professional with latest firmware and Apps. on Nvidia Shield (5.1.1).  Sandisk 64 card UH-3. I have only done the compass calibration once  when I first received it. Have never done IMU calibration.  I do put a fan on the Phantom when doing an update to make sure it stays cool. (heat destroys electronics)
Have absolutely no issues at all, nada, nothing.  
2015-8-14
Use props
dcaton55
lvl.1

United States

20+ hours of flying with no issues whatsoever.  Updated without issues and calibrated to a tee.  IMHO people have problems when they jump into it without research and knowledge.
2015-8-14
Use props
SobesMS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649196 ft
United States

I was working 100% perfectly...until the 1.3.2 update. (queue Price is Right loser horns)
2015-8-14
Use props
danno1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1043150 ft
United States

P3P, iPad mini 2.  86 flights, 13 hours flight time.  I've been using it since the day the first compatible iOS app was released in May. I have upgraded to all the firmware versions but generally leave VPS off.   I had one "almost" fly away issue that was resolved by switching to ATTI mode a few weeks ago. Other than that it has performed like a dream.
2015-8-14
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Model: P3P
Firmware: always latest
Tablet: iPad Mini 2
Gimbal clamp; original
Batteries: 4
Flights: 43 flights, 5 hrs flying time, 220k ft total distance
The joy of flying a flawless machine: PRICELESS
2015-8-14
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

No problems here. Always had the latest firmware and Pilot app.
2015-8-14
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Mine went perfect for both the bird and the RC.  
2015-8-14
Use props
Andy SW UK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

P3P, latest firmware installed. No problems whatsoever
2015-8-14
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Mine is working pretty good, no problems with connecting or Gimball overload or ultrasonic error, only thing I have now is that the image a little tilt to left, and when I make video recordings  there is a small vibration in the picture like the jello but it has a sequence of about 2 seconds, it really does not bother me, I do not bring him out to the store for that, so for now i am happy, my lesson learn is not to do a firmware update ad once but look on the forum first for troubles, if there are not, then doing the FW update
2015-8-14
Use props
storm1000
lvl.2

United States

I appreciate all the posts everyone!!!  Very good info
2015-8-14
Use props
Viper989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

50 flights and still going strong
2015-8-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Just updated to the newest iteration of our Go App.
I hope it remains trouble resistant, and no ghosts in the flying machine.
I will go fly her, in a bit, just to reassure the gallery... And myself of course...

Definitely have High Expectations... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-8-14
Use props
EL SID
lvl.2

United States

How does everyone know how many flights they have made?
Is their a counter on the Rc or drone?

No problems here other than pilot error.
2015-8-14
Use props
joeyjoe
lvl.2

United States

I have only had the P3 for a few days but it is flawless like my Inspire 1. Running latest FW.
2015-8-14
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

EL SID Posted at 2015-8-15 10:14
How does everyone know how many flights they have made?
Is their a counter on the Rc or drone?

i your flight data on the app buddy
2015-8-14
Use props
BuyDji.ca
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-15 07:53
Just updated to the newest iteration of our Go App.
I hope it remains trouble resistant, and no ghos ...

Please be aware... if you app crashes with the bird far away, press the home button.

Twice for me, the new Go app won't connect after restart.

Really disappointed, be careful.
2015-8-14
Use props
bryan.wells10r
New

United States

LOTS of hours, no issues
2015-8-16
Use props
sprawl
lvl.2

Finland

Now 25flights with P3P. One compass error but its now in history, no problems(few "disconnects" with image but not so big deal).
I dont have ANY EXPERIENCE with drones or any rc flying stuff before. If you start careful(my max altitude is 78m now and about 600m distance) im quite sure anybody can buy it in first drone.
Start in basics, dont take your first flight over 2km away and then thinkingin how i get it home.

Im happy with this purchase. But, always when i fly, i feel like pain in the ass because the plane costs over 1400€ and thinking IF and WHEN something happens....
2015-8-16
Use props
mitcha901
lvl.1

United States

P3A Only had it a week.  Got it direct from DJI came a day early.  Aircraft and batteries(2) updated great RC very difficult but the Go app for android saved me.  On line support not great figured out myself.  Like said you have to read and look up things.  After update aircraft works outstanding no problem after several flights.  I have cheap tablet Dragon Touch M7 so go app lags and video stops( no way that I can see to change the debug buffer size on that tablet) but info regarding height, speed, distance and map still works.  I think with an apple tablet it would all work great.  So far so good glad I got it !
2015-8-16
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Stepping forward here too. l have the Pro and it's awesomely flawless! Didn't update past 1.1.6 and still using Pilot 1.1.1 for iOS without any issues.
2015-8-16
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Only had 2 flights, 1st one had pilot issues, 2nd flight had NO issues.  FW updated perfectly.  Haven't really looked at my video feed through my phone yet, as I'm keeping both eyes on the bird and not so much on my phone right now.  But no issues to report!  (knocking on wood)........oh wait my bird already did that it's first flight HA!
2015-8-16
Use props
DanH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315177 ft
France

More than 50 flights
Latest firmware and IOS app (on iPad Air 2)
2 batteries
Not a single problem...

2015-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules