2627 3 2022-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lvxyIJV4xJuu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 652159 ft
Germany

Hi there

I just read a lot about the RS3 and the function to controll a lot of things with a PS4 controller. My question is:
Is it possible to controll the DJI RS 3 combined with a focus motor / zoom motor and the raveneye system with a PS4 controller?

2022-11-22
Use props
Barramundi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128 ft
  • >>>
United States

No. That will be available next year with the RS4.
2022-11-22
Use props
DnbSTEb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 652159 ft
Germany

To answer the question to all of you: I just wrote with the support because I was unsure if this isn't possible at all. They confirmed me that it's possilbe to use the RS3 with a focus / zoom motor, the raveneye or transmition system and use a PS4 controller. So every function will be given even the start stop record from the camera with a usb c cable
2022-11-29
Use props
JMini17
New
Flight distance : 199993 ft
United States

I hope this is not exclusive function to the PS4 and not the Xbox controllers.  I have my RS3 running Raven Eye and attempting to connect the controller to control the system including Focus via controller.
I can only control the gimbal with the controller in the "Create" - "Gaming Controller" panel of the smart phone app. Once I exit the parameter control screen for create-gaming controller I lose all function.  
When in Raven Eye the image is being transmitted to the phone but the controller acts as if it is controlling my screen rather than the gimbal.  Moving the joy stick highlights elements like the settings, virtual joy stick and image settings as if I am operating the HUD not the gimbal head.

Also, I cannot control my focus motor in any condition listed above and I have tried moving it to all possible control sticks on the controller. Even ones I just confirmed communicate with the gimbal because they were assigned to pan or tilt moments before.  

I hope someone can shed light on this, otherwise I will have to begin testing with a separate raven eye transmission but gimbal control with the smart phone. I am skeptical it would work, but I am in need of Pan + Tilt + Focus Motor control while viewing the image from Raven Eye.  Wireless with the systems I've already bought would be great!

PS: the glitch work around by exiting and re-entering the app is not working for me even though I have come across the Youtube video depicting it.

Hope to hear soon!
1-29 19:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules