Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo Action 3 - batch from October 2022
1234Next >
13884 142 2022-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

My drama of finding a good working camera continues.
So far I have purchased two adventure combos and both are due in September 2022....
I was able to find one available from 2022/10 and was wondering if anyone could confirm that the new batches don't suffer from the focus problem as I'm tired of buying and returning defective cameras?
Аs a final option, I remain buying the gopro 11, even though I am not a fan of it
2022-11-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

No one will know.  if you are opting for the Hero 11. they give you a lot more features, then the Action 3.   if not satisfied sell off the H11 and get the Action 3 when  110% resolved  when DJI answers its official. do not hold your breath on that.
2022-11-23
Use props
JustName
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

My first OA3 was from 2022/10 and had absolutely no focus.

Don't look around for a good one, just rotate the lens and be happy.

2022-11-23
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

JustName Posted at 11-23 04:31
My first OA3 was from 2022/10 and had absolutely no focus.

Don't look around for a good one, just rotate the lens and be happy.

In that case, I should wait for those to appear from November and try them
I still don't like the idea of rotating the optics with tweezers, I'll try to make it worse than it is
2022-11-23
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Fishycomics Posted at 11-23 04:23
No one will know.  if you are opting for the Hero 11. they give you a lot more features, then the Action 3.   if not satisfied sell off the H11 and get the Action 3 when  110% resolved  when DJI answers its official. do not hold your breath on that.

I'm still holding back, I don't want to go back to gopro again, but I feel like I'll be forced to….
2022-11-23
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Kamen666 Posted at 11-23 05:22
I'm still holding back, I don't want to go back to gopro again, but I feel like I'll be forced to….

If you have time, wait. GP11 is not better (sharper, slightly better DR). Or try, like me, and compare, you will find out yourself that if this sabotage by dji was not on the optical output, it would be the best action camera now....I mean under ideal lighting conditions
2022-11-23
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

StevoB Posted at 11-23 05:48
If you have time, wait. GP11 is not better (sharper, slightly better DR). Or try, like me, and compare, you will find out yourself that if this sabotage by dji was not on the optical output, it would be the best action camera now....I mean under ideal lighting conditions

I'm generally in no rush. I could wait, the bad thing is that it is not clear if this problem will ever be fixed at all....I mainly use the camera when I ride a motorcycle, and we are already in the winter season But I will miss the filming of the vacation with the children on the mountain and among a lot of snow
2022-11-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

well the camera is not going anywhere for both, good luck on your decision (smiles)
2022-11-23
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Fishycomics Posted at 11-23 07:36
well the camera is not going anywhere for both, good luck on your decision (smiles)

Thanks
Hope to update the thread soon
2022-11-23
Use props
stagnant
lvl.3
Norway

My 2022/9 camera was out of focus and my replacement 2022/8 is perfect.. Seems like the production date and serial numbers have nothing to do with it so all you can do is hope you get a good one.
2022-11-25
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

stagnant Posted at 11-25 00:15
My 2022/9 camera was out of focus and my replacement 2022/8 is perfect.. Seems like the production date and serial numbers have nothing to do with it so all you can do is hope you get a good one.

it's starting to get weirder
2022-11-25
Use props
stagnant
lvl.3
Norway

Yep, I bought mine on release and have been following the threads about this and it doesent make any sense, but that would explain why they cant just callback a certain batch since most cameras are probably ok. But it is really strange. I would like to know how and why this happened, but i doubt we will ever know. My best guess is that they have many machines producing cameras and one of them is responisible. that would explain why most cameras are fine. If this problem was in every single camera produced in certain months this forum would be alot more populated.
2022-11-25
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

stagnant Posted at 11-25 00:59
Yep, I bought mine on release and have been following the threads about this and it doesent make any sense, but that would explain why they cant just callback a certain batch since most cameras are probably ok. But it is really strange. I would like to know how and why this happened, but i doubt we will ever know. My best guess is that they have many machines producing cameras and one of them is responisible. that would explain why most cameras are fine. If this problem was in every single camera produced in certain months this forum would be alot more populated.

Indeed, the only sharp OA3 I've seen so far was this one, all the others at 30-150 cm are soft.

(if it's true)

2022-11-25
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

stagnant Posted at 11-25 00:59
Yep, I bought mine on release and have been following the threads about this and it doesent make any sense, but that would explain why they cant just callback a certain batch since most cameras are probably ok. But it is really strange. I would like to know how and why this happened, but i doubt we will ever know. My best guess is that they have many machines producing cameras and one of them is responisible. that would explain why most cameras are fine. If this problem was in every single camera produced in certain months this forum would be alot more populated.

In my opinion, we will never know the real cause of the focus problem on "some" devices.....
2022-11-25
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

StevoB Posted at 11-25 01:12
Indeed, the only sharp OA3 I've seen so far was this one, all the others at 30-150 cm are soft.

(if it's true)

I personally am not 100% sure this is action 3
2022-11-25
Use props
stagnant
lvl.3
Norway

Most action cameras are soft up close. Even GP11 benefits from a focus lens. The one i sent back was blurry at all distances but the one i got now is good from 1m-infinity so if i need close focus i will just use a filter.
There are tons of filter adapters you can get for a few dollars and smallrig will probably make a cage like they did for the OA1 with 52mm adapter ring.  

I dont know how many cameras they have sold, but the % of cameras that are out of focus must be small considering how few people are on this forum. And when the "hate train" gets rolling it just becomes a echo chamber where every camera is bad. DJI should have handled this better, but they are replacing cameras so they are atleast doing something.

2022-11-25
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Not everything is discussed in this forum. There are more unhappy users on YouTube than here
2022-11-25
Use props
Darklf
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Kamen666 Posted at 11-25 00:42
it's starting to get weirder

Je pense qu'ils réalisent des reconditionnements/modifications  des premiers retours (donc de aout)
2022-11-25
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Darklf Posted at 11-25 05:55
Je pense qu'ils réalisent des reconditionnements/modifications  des premiers retours (donc de aout)

It is not excluded that this is the truth.... The other option is that they quietly and meekly remove the problems
2022-11-25
Use props
stagnant
lvl.3
Norway

It seems every bad camera is from Adventure combo and maybe those were produced in another factory or something. The replacement camera i got was a unopened standard combo box and even if its one month older its in focus.
2022-11-25
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

stagnant Posted at 11-25 07:39
It seems every bad camera is from Adventure combo and maybe those were produced in another factory or something. The replacement camera i got was a unopened standard combo box and even if its one month older its in focus.

Not only Adventure....Probably according to the shift and the employees at that time. They had to sell quickly because of the GP11, so the external overcaffeinated part-timers probably didn't see eye to eye anymore. And the lens tube was set on the camera display, not on an external monitor.
2022-11-25
Use props
skysailor64
lvl.4
United States

stagnant Posted at 11-25 07:39
It seems every bad camera is from Adventure combo and maybe those were produced in another factory or something. The replacement camera i got was a unopened standard combo box and even if its one month older its in focus.

This is my suspicion also.  Wonder if it's accurate?  My faulty unit was in an Adventure combo dated 2022/9
2022-11-25
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Mine 2x 08/22.
2022-11-25
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

2 x 2022/9
Both adventure combos
2022-11-25
Use props
stagnant
lvl.3
Norway

Kamen666 Posted at 11-25 10:47
2 x 2022/9
Both adventure combos

I looked at the pictures you posted in the other thread and it looks pretty much like the one i sent back. have you requested service/replacement?  
2022-11-25
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

stagnant Posted at 11-25 11:05
I looked at the pictures you posted in the other thread and it looks pretty much like the one i sent back. have you requested service/replacement?

No, I just took advantage of the 14 day period and returned it to get my money back
2022-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 11-25 04:51
Not everything is discussed in this forum. There are more unhappy users on YouTube than here

And most people who are happy never go near a forum. Surly you understand that.

I bet it was this forum that made you unhappy and not what you saw from the camera
2022-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 11-26 00:06
No, I just took advantage of the 14 day period and returned it to get my money back

Now what are you doing other than fretting
2022-11-26
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 04:37
And most people who are happy never go near a forum. Surly you understand that.

I bet it was this forum that made you unhappy and not what you saw from the camera

You always try to be funny with your posts, but unfortunately you don't succeed...
I honestly don't care about your opinion. Find another spam thread. thank you
2022-11-26
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 04:37
Now what are you doing other than fretting

I was waiting for your answer. Now I'm calm and I'm starting to live my life  
2022-11-26
Use props
Darklf
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Kamen666 Posted at 11-26 06:34
You always try to be funny with your posts, but unfortunately you don't succeed...
I honestly don't care about your opinion. Find another spam thread. thank you

Tout à fait d'accord, au début c'était drôle, mais ça devient ridicule... Personnellement, je ne suis pas pro ou anti, je veux juste faire le bon choix. Parlons de choses sérieuses
2022-11-26
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 11-25 10:47
2 x 2022/9
Both adventure combos

Mine wasn’t an Adventure Combo but close focus is poor.
2022-11-26
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Darklf Posted at 11-26 06:56
Tout à fait d'accord, au début c'était drôle, mais ça devient ridicule... Personnellement, je ne suis pas pro ou anti, je veux juste faire le bon choix. Parlons de choses sérieuses

It is for this reason that I opened the topic, because I hope it will be useful to others like us. The gentleman is clearly dying of boredom and racking up points by spamming every single topic
2022-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 11-26 08:57
It is for this reason that I opened the topic, because I hope it will be useful to others like us. The gentleman is clearly dying of boredom and racking up points by spamming every single topic

I have no idea what you mean about points. You are so way off the mark it is funny to be honest
2022-11-26
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Got myself a Hero11 this week. Found it on a great offer, even cheaper then the OA3.
Need to test it more carefully, still exploring the camera a bit, this thing is quit extensive when looking to the presets and settings. Image quality looks good so far and buttons have a much better response.

Only too bad Gopro sticked too much to the Hero 9 and 10 design. The overal design is quite good and feels sturdy like the OA3 too. But I think there could have been some improvements after 2 more models. Don't like the battery door verry much on the Hero11, and they even choose to put the charging port behind it too.

I think DJI did things way better on this aspect when looking to the outer design of the OA3. I think DJI did also great on including the cage. Gopro on the other hand delivers the camera in a carrying box without anny compartments exept the plastic inlay. It's nice, but quite useless without a custom made inlay.

An other thing is the mounting system ofcourse. But actually like both of them. The mounting fingers of the gopro are actually verry compact, where you need this extra mounting clip on the OA3 but which is more practically.
2022-11-27
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Rockel83 Posted at 11-27 05:05
Got myself a Hero11 this week. Found it on a great offer, even cheaper then the OA3.
Need to test it more carefully, still exploring the camera a bit, this thing is quit extensive when looking to the presets and settings. Image quality looks good so far and buttons have a much better response.

I hope your GoPro 11 will serve you good with no issues that all latest GoPro had since 8.
My 10 is really good, but I can't trust it deliver since it just suddenly stop recording, and +10c is too cold for it also.
And sometimes it wont charge and just getting really hot instead + front screen is always blinking while charging.
10 is really a good camera, so 11 should be better.

But nothing beats my good old Osmo Action 1 that I never had trouble with and it also never have problem recording in -10c in snow (burying it) while plowing my driveway.

So when I get my OA3 back I will test it out the same way, and I have no doubt it can handle it
2022-11-27
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 11-27 06:07
I hope your GoPro 11 will serve you good with no issues that all latest GoPro had since 8.
My 10 is really good, but I can't trust it deliver since it just suddenly stop recording, and +10c is too cold for it also.
And sometimes it wont charge and just getting really hot instead + front screen is always blinking while charging.

Thanks! We're going to find out

I was actually still looking for the OA1 too. It seems to be a verry decent camera, and it's specs would have still been sufficient for me. But those camera's are nowhere to be found for a decent price annymore. Some place even charge more for it then the OA3.
So the Hero11 was a no brainer for the offer I've found it in. And it actually has some verry cool features.

I had the OA3 also stopping recording, but it was due to slower SD-cards. But even on just 1080p. Seems the OA3 cranked the bitrate up quite high on this resolution. Creating quite big files which actually wiped away the benefit of recording in 1080p.
Seems the Hero11 is less picky so far on SD-cards. But still have to check the files it creates.
2022-11-27
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rockel83 Posted at 11-27 07:28
Thanks! We're going to find out

I was actually still looking for the OA1 too. It seems to be a verry decent camera, and it's specs would have still been sufficient for me. But those camera's are nowhere to be found for a decent price annymore. Some place even charge more for it then the OA3.

My old Hero 9 was touchy with sd cards. Once I changed it, it stopped the annoying crashes. My 11 hasn’t played up once yet, touch wood. Very pleased with it.

To speed things up, the profiles can be preset to what you want and you can access them in one touch which is handy.

Hope yours works out well for you

2022-11-27
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-27 07:48
My old Hero 9 was touchy with sd cards. Once I changed it, it stopped the annoying crashes. My 11 hasn’t played up once yet, touch wood. Very pleased with it.
To speed things up, the profiles can be preset to what you want and you can access them in one touch.

Thank you!
Yes I like that option of the custom presets a lot. The camera is verry customizable with this. You can make just a preset for every ocasion. Verry convenient

I also feel that ech preset has loads of adjustable settings, especially in the protune section.
2022-11-27
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 09:42
I have no idea what you mean about points. You are so way off the mark it is funny to be honest

Everyone else has an idea of what I'm talking about except you of course...
I will ask you once again to find another topic to spam , i guess it won't be that hard for you since your spams are all over the forum.
We all already know you have a great working camera, no need to prove yourself anymore. Good night
2022-11-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules