Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another day and another speeder.......

I just hope someone wasnt coming the other way.   Flying the Mini3 into wind and I struggled to keep him in sight let alone in frame.  

Taken with the Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2022-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-11-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great capture. Not much room for manoeuvre there. Clearly shows why he should be travelling more slowly.
2022-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 11-26 03:55
Great capture. Not much room for manoeuvre there. Clearly shows why he should be travelling more slowly.

Yes,  thats supposed to be an 8kt limit.   Lots of paddle boarders and kayaks use that little channel to learn in quite frequently.  
2022-11-26
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice shot. I'd expect such a boat to be pretty nimble and able to get out of the way...
2022-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 11-26 08:08
Nice shot. I'd expect such a boat to be pretty nimble and able to get out of the way...

That channel is really narrow and if he found a dozen kayak learners around the b end Im not sure there would be anywhere to go and stopping could be an issue.  
2022-11-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot DA.   That boat is going way too fast for that little channel, especially at low tide.  
2022-11-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-26 08:06
Yes,  thats supposed to be an 8kt limit.   Lots of paddle boarders and kayaks use that little channel to learn in quite frequently.

With that boat speeding through the paddle boarders and kayakers would have no time to avoid being run over.
2022-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-27 04:07
With that boat speeding through the paddle boarders and kayakers would have no time to avoid being run over.

I was going 20mph and he left me for dust.  So he was certainly moving.    I think I got another shot as he was moving out of view I’ll see if it’s still on the laptop to post.  
2022-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-27 04:07

Absolutely.  It’s so narrow there,  in the summer I’ve been known to swim the 10 ft from the island to save going the long way round.   
2022-11-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 05:35
I was going 20mph and he left me for dust.  So he was certainly moving.    I think I got another shot as he was moving out of view I’ll see if it’s still on the laptop to post.

No doubt that was operating at a very unsafe speed.  Little to no regard for other's safety.
2022-11-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 05:36
Absolutely.  It’s so narrow there,  in the summer I’ve been known to swim the 10 ft from the island to save going the long way round.

You might want to rethink process of swimming across with those speeders being around.  
2022-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice shot. Looks like he is on low water.
2022-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-27 07:14
You might want to rethink process of swimming across with those speeders being around.

Yes,    at least that wont be a problem for another 6 months now.  
2022-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-27 07:11
No doubt that was operating at a very unsafe speed.  Little to no regard for other's safety.

I cant help but think he must now about the people using kayaks and paddle boards in that stretch,    I saw a lady in the summer on her paddle board there,  she had a full plate of food and a pint of beer on the board.   I was impressed.    But If he had gone past she would have lost that.  
2022-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-27 23:33
Nice shot. Looks like he is on low water.

That day the tide was actually higher than usual so the main channel is about right for a normal day.
2022-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 00:05
That day the tide was actually higher than usual so the main channel is about right for a normal day.

Maybe because of the muddy water. I do like the shot a lot btw!
2022-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-28 00:06
Maybe because of the muddy water. I do like the shot a lot btw!

Downtown comments on this and made me go back and check the other ones from the set,  I pleased he did as I will be posting that shortly.  
2022-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 00:08
Downtown comments on this and made me go back and check the other ones from the set,  I pleased he did as I will be posting that shortly.

I'll be right here waiting for those.
2022-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-28 00:09
I'll be right here waiting for those.

Both shots have been posted now.  
2022-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 00:19
Both shots have been posted now.

I think I saw one
2022-11-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 23:55
Yes,    at least that wont be a problem for another 6 months now.

At least not without an insulated wetsuit.  
2022-11-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 23:58
I cant help but think he must now about the people using kayaks and paddle boards in that stretch,    I saw a lady in the summer on her paddle board there,  she had a full plate of food and a pint of beer on the board.   I was impressed.    But If he had gone past she would have lost that.

Yeah that would have been a wipe out.  Glad it didn't happen.
2022-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-28 03:30
At least not without an insulated wetsuit.

I had planned to wade out today to some wrecks so took the river waling shoes and some towels etc,   unfortunately we ran out of time, tide and light.  
2022-11-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 08:24
I had planned to wade out today to some wrecks so took the river waling shoes and some towels etc,   unfortunately we ran out of time, tide and light.

You had a lot stacked up against you.  Tide and light wait for nobody.  
2022-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-29 04:02
You had a lot stacked up against you.  Tide and light wait for nobody.

I think now it's getting too cold for wading,   might not go back there until the spring now.  
2022-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-30 01:39
I think now it's getting too cold for wading,   might not go back there until the spring now.

Probably best unless you have an insulated wetsuit.  
2022-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-30 03:51
Probably best unless you have an insulated wetsuit.

Which you will be surprised to hear that I dont have.  
2022-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-1 01:11
Which you will be surprised to hear that I dont have.

Doesn't really surprise me as you probably don't have the need to spend money on one.  You don't even want to know how much I spent on the custom made, double insulated wetsuit I just had made to replace the one that had a spear hole shot through it.  I justified it in my mind as I do dive year around and I really wanted one that fit extremely well and also kept me warm.  Still it was a want and not a need.  
2022-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-1 14:10
Doesn't really surprise me as you probably don't have the need to spend money on one.  You don't even want to know how much I spent on the custom made, double insulated wetsuit I just had made to replace the one that had a spear hole shot through it.  I justified it in my mind as I do dive year around and I really wanted one that fit extremely well and also kept me warm.  Still it was a want and not a need.

Did they ever reimburse you for that incident?
2022-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 00:57
Did they ever reimburse you for that incident?

Let's just say that I received a sizeable amount for that incident.  Once his lawyer saw a portion of what I was going to present in court at a lawsuit he advised the kid's dad to meet my demands or end up probably paying even more as a court judgement.  Still I would  much have preferred to never have been speared.  

Appears the kid still hasn't learned a life lesson as he is back in trouble again.  This time he was caught removing catalytic converters from several business vehicles.  The dad just needs to leave him in jail and quit bailing him out of these situations.  As long as he keeps "protecting" him things will not change.  The kid needs to learn the hard way for it to soak in that you can't just go around doing whatever you please.  
2022-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-2 03:31
Let's just say that I received a sizeable amount for that incident.  Once his lawyer saw a portion of what I was going to present in court at a lawsuit he advised the kid's dad to meet my demands or end up probably paying even more as a court judgement.  Still I would  much have preferred to never have been speared.  

Appears the kid still hasn't learned a life lesson as he is back in trouble again.  This time he was caught removing catalytic converters from several business vehicles.  The dad just needs to leave him in jail and quit bailing him out of these situations.  As long as he keeps "protecting" him things will not change.  The kid needs to learn the hard way for it to soak in that you can't just go around doing whatever you please.

I’m sure it’s not any conciliation for what happened but at least you got a good result.
2022-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 04:24
I’m sure it’s not any conciliation for what happened but at least you got a good result.

Yeah, it was never about the money for me.  Still sad that the kid refuses to grow up and be a responsible and law abiding citizen.  One day, the dad's money will no longer be able to buy his way out of trouble.   But from the background that the Private Investigator gathered for me this kid has been in and out of mischief since he was 11 and dad has always bought him out of those situations.  

Sorry, rant over.
2022-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-2 04:40
Yeah, it was never about the money for me.  Still sad that the kid refuses to grow up and be a responsible and law abiding citizen.  One day, the dad's money will no longer be able to buy his way out of trouble.   But from the background that the Private Investigator gathered for me this kid has been in and out of mischief since he was 11 and dad has always bought him out of those situations.  

Sorry, rant over.

There will come a point when the money wont be able to bail him out.   
2022-12-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-3 01:38
There will come a point when the money wont be able to bail him out.

Yes, that is very true and will be a really sad day for that kid.  
2022-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-3 04:35
Yes, that is very true and will be a really sad day for that kid.

Yes,  sad the parents didnt let him learn a lesson when the offence was small.
2022-12-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-3 23:42
Yes,  sad the parents didnt let him learn a lesson when the offence was small.

Well, mom died in a car wreck when he was only 5 and his dad travels extensively so basically a Nanny raised him for his informative years and it appears he got away with anything he wanted.  Now the dad is uber rich and owns several companies he still travels a lot and the poor kid really never had any strict parental guidance.  It is a real shame for the kid but no doubt he is on the wrong path and will end up in prison or dead.  
2022-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules