Dji Mini 3 Pro + Beginner Questions
434 5 2022-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimmy12
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

I have only ever had 1 drone previous (a very cheap one) and lost it on my first flight

I have been interested for a while now in getting something serious for recording, but is the DJi mini 3 ok for beginners?

I would obviously take it only in open fields until i learn how to fly properly, but would hate to lose or damage it due to inexperience.

Thoughts? Should i just go for it or get something cheap to learn the basics?

Thanks
2022-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

For me, the Mini 2 would be the perfect entry level drone from DJI.
It has a lot of the good stuff and if you break it somehow, you won't go bankrupt immediately.
I have used the Mini 2 for a couple of years now and feel like it is time to upgrade somewhere next year.

If you are already an experienced camera user (photography, videography), you might want to go for the Mini 3, because that has some more options with regards to controlling the camera parameters.
But if you are not, you probably won't benefit from that.

Just my 2 cents.
2022-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS
You might be better off posting in the products section of this forum. That is way more active!
https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mini 3 would make a great beginner drone,  with a little careful practice in open space you'll be flying it no problem.
2022-11-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mini 3 Pro is a great drone.  For its size it is a very capable drone.  If you are serious about getting into  recording aerial video I'd start with the Mini 3 Pro.  Just watch some of the better videos with tips for beginners and read the user's manual.  I do advise buying Care Refresh in case you do have an accident with it.  Take it slow and easy until you build up your confidence and flying skills and you'll be fine.  
2022-11-29
Use props
Jimmy12
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks all, I'm quite set on getting this soon.

Been watching videos all day and seems like i should pick things up quickly (just keep it out of sports mode )
2022-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules