Panasonic GH6 Focus Assist when adjusting Focus on Wheel
1551 4 2022-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vsmovement
lvl.1
Portugal

I recently got a Panasonic GH6 camera to work with Ronin RS3.When in manual focus mode on the camera, using the focus wheel on the Ronin brings up the focus assist window (PIP), even when the focus assist is disabled on the camera settings. Both camera and Ronin are on latest firmware.

Do you know about this issue and have any workaround?

For those who don't know, focus assist zooms in the monitor when you adjust focus on the lens (by wire focus) - and on this case, on the focus wheel.

This is my second thread about bugs related to RS3+GH5/GH6. I'm honestly getting tired of posting about this, should I just change systems? lmao

2022-11-30
Use props
djiuser_mFLQngrn62va
lvl.1

Finland

I can't even update my focus wheel, so no use for it, so I guess it's not a bad idea to change the system
2022-11-30
Use props
Tr4ck3rJ4ck
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have a GH6 and using the RS3 PRO with the following settings and no problem with focus assist window.
Camera in PC Tether mode.

Manual Page 553 -> Menu Path -> Gear -> Focus/Shutter -> MF Assist -> Focus Ring : OFF
Manual Page 554 -> Menu Path -> Gear -> Focus/Shutter -> Focus Ring Lock : OFF

Hope this helps.
2022-12-5
Use props
fans5350adb8
New

Italy

Same problem here. RS3 PRO, GH6, all settings as mentioned in this post, the wheel on the ronin does nothing on the camera. Also tried different USB-C cables.
2023-1-3
Use props
fans5350adb8
New

Italy

Same problem here. RS3 PRO, GH6, all settings as mentioned in this post, the wheel on the ronin does nothing on the camera. Also tried different USB-C cables.
2023-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules