1731 21 2022-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Been trying for over an hour to update - gets to less than 30% - gives error 3005.
Tried at least 8 times - have switched camera off and restarted my cellphone a number of times but get the same result
Deeply disappointed but will give it a rest and try again later
2022-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That can be most frustrating Droffarc.  I got the 3005 error once trying to update firmware on the Air 2 after it quit trying to update at 38%.  I finally got it to update 2 days later by using a different wifi connection.   I did note at the time several users were reporting the same error code so maybe it had something to do with the server on DJI's end.  I sure hope you get your update issue resolved sooner than I was able to.  
2022-12-1
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you got an iPad to use just to update? My phone doesn’t connect with the Action 3 but my IPad does.
2022-12-1
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-1 03:50
That can be most frustrating Droffarc.  I got the 3005 error once trying to update firmware on the Air 2 after it quit trying to update at 38%.  I finally got it to update 2 days later by using a different wifi connection.   I did note at the time several users were reporting the same error code so maybe it had something to do with the server on DJI's end.  I sure hope you get your update issue resolved sooner that I was able to.

Nothing for it Downtown, just keep on trying
2022-12-1
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-1 04:01
Have you got an iPad to use just to update? My phone doesn’t connect with the Action 3 but my IPad does.

Nice Idea Ian but sorry no apples available to me
2022-12-1
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

That can be most frustrating Droffarc.  I got the 3005 error once trying to update firmware on the Air 2 after it quit trying to update at 38%.  I finally got it to update 2 days later by using a different wifi connection.   I did note at the time several users were reporting the same error code so maybe it had something to do with the server on DJI's end.  I sure hope you get your update issue resolved sooner that I was able to.

To coin a phrase:

这没用

Zhè méi yòng

Just tried again - gets up to 50% and hangs
camera says "Update failed, Resytart camera unit and try again"

The subscriber you have dialled is not available at present - please try again later....
2022-12-1
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Have you tried clearing the cache in the mimo app and re-download the update?
Or tried switching WiFi from 5 to 2.4 Ghz, etc?
Or resetting the WiFi in your camera?

2022-12-1
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

osmonauta Posted at 12-1 04:56
Have you tried clearing the cache in the mimo app and re-download the update?
Or tried switching WiFi from 5 to 2.4 Ghz, etc?
Or resetting the WiFi in your camera?

Yes I tried all those things

I eventually got success - it INSISTS on having all three:  wifi, bluetooth AND MOBILE DATA  on
2022-12-1
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

I eventually got success - it INSISTS on having all three:  wifi, bluetooth AND MOBILE DATA  on.

I had this issue when I first registered the camera as well.  
2022-12-1
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Droffarc Posted at 12-1 05:51
I eventually got success - it INSISTS on having all three:  wifi, bluetooth AND MOBILE DATA  on.

Big brother is watching : )
2022-12-1
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mimo app is a pain. I wish that DJI would just issue a download to copy onto sd card. So much better than this convoluted piece of software.

2022-12-1
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Droffarc Posted at 12-1 05:50
Yes I tried all those things

I eventually got success - it INSISTS on having all three:  wifi, bluetooth AND MOBILE DATA  on

Actually, no, you don't need mobile data. I don't have a SIM card in my phone, I use it only on WiFi. It's a little bit of a pain because first you need to connect to your home WiFi to download the update. Then you need to connect to the camera WiFi to update it. So yes, it's doable without mobile data but quite inconvenient.
2022-12-1
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

StevoB Posted at 12-1 05:59
Big brother is watching : )

2022-12-1
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-1 06:15
The Mimo app is a pain. I wish that DJI would just issue a download to copy onto sd card. So much better than this convoluted piece of software.

https://youtu.be/V75larKdBwI

Thanks Ian! Great video and informative. That was one of the things I checked.
As you can see I managed to get the download to work and my camera is updated (not spent too much time using it now but I got the sneaky feeling that the picture quality seems worse on the blurry side)

2022-12-1
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

osmonauta Posted at 12-1 06:25
Actually, no, you don't need mobile data. I don't have a SIM card in my phone, I use it only on WiFi. It's a little bit of a pain because first you need to connect to your home WiFi to download the update. Then you need to connect to the camera WiFi to update it. So yes, it's doable without mobile data but quite inconvenient.

Hi osmonauta, while I dont refute what you say my experience was that the moment I switched my mobile data on the download zipped through and updated.

Thanks anyway, I must just remember next time there is an update
2022-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Droffarc Posted at 12-1 04:27
Nothing for it Downtown, just keep on trying

Sad to hear.  Hang in there as I have faith you'll figure it out.  
2022-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Droffarc Posted at 12-1 04:41
To coin a phrase:

这没用

I know it's very frustrating but your funny post made me really laugh.  
2022-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Droffarc Posted at 12-1 05:51
I eventually got success - it INSISTS on having all three:  wifi, bluetooth AND MOBILE DATA  on.

Outstanding that you got it figured out.  That's seems really osd that it would need all 3 (wifi, BT and Mobile Data) to do a FW update.  Oh well, at least it worked and you'll know for next time.  
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Droffarc.Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Glad to read that the issue has been fixed. We appreciate you sharing the information on how you fix it. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-1
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-1 16:31
Hi, Droffarc.Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Glad to read that the issue has been fixed. We appreciate you sharing the information on how you fix it. Thank you for your valued support.

Always a pleasure Gamora
2022-12-2
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-1 14:36
Outstanding that you got it figured out.  That's seems really osd that it would need all 3 (wifi, BT and Mobile Data) to do a FW update.  Oh well, at least it worked and you'll know for next time.

Unless of course my forgettery works better than my memory
2022-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Droffarc Posted at 12-2 01:05
Unless of course my forgettery works better than my memory

So true.  
2022-12-2