HDR Photo mode
1093 6 2022-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaniDenz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577805 ft
Germany

On my old Mavic Air 2 I had this nice SmartPhoto option (like automatic HDR) which I really used offen in strong light. I thought Mini 3 pro would have something similiar. It seems the HDR mode is implemented, but you are not able to activate it by yourself. Did I overlook something or is it really not possible to take HDR pictures (and enable HDR mode by myself), when I want this? Any advice or hint is welcome

Nice regards
Daniel
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Daniel. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. In Single Shot Photo mode, HDR is automatically enabled for better dynamic range once the drone recognizes the scene. The photos taken in Single Shot mode will have no HDR effect in the following situations:
a) When the aircraft is in motion or stability is affected due to high wind speeds;
b) When using FocusTrack;
c) When white balance is set to manual mode;
d) The camera is in Auto mode, and the EV setting is adjusted manually;
e) The camera is in Auto mode, and the AE lock is turned on;
f) The camera is in Pro mode.
Additionally, DJI Mini 3 Pro also supports recording in DCG HDR. This shooting mode is enabled by default if recording videos at 24/25/30 fps.
We sincerely understand the necessity of having the option to enable it manually. We have your valuable suggestions recorded, and rest assured that they will be forwarded to the related team for evaluation. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 12-1 22:00
Hi, Daniel. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. In Single Shot Photo mode, HDR is automatically enabled for better dynamic range once the drone recognizes the scene. The photos taken in Single Shot mode will have no HDR effect in the following situations:
a) When the aircraft is in motion or stability is affected due to high wind speeds;
b) When using FocusTrack;

Oh, that's very interesting!  
I didn't know that, I didn't miss it either, but it's very, very nice to know...   
2022-12-1
Use props
DaniDenz
lvl.1
Germany

Thank you so much, dear Tony for your interesting response. I'll check this out. Sometimes I would love to use EV -0,5 for example and have also HDR in this moment. So it would be really nice if it could be possible to have a possibility to decide by myself if i want to have HDR or not in a situation. Thanks again for checking out this and have a nice and relaxed weekend.
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

frankymusik Posted at 12-1 22:54
Oh, that's very interesting!  
I didn't know that, I didn't miss it either, but it's very, very nice to know...

Hi, frankymusik. Thanks for your feedback.  Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DaniDenz Posted at 12-2 07:00
Thank you so much, dear Tony for your interesting response. I'll check this out. Sometimes I would love to use EV -0,5 for example and have also HDR in this moment. So it would be really nice if it could be possible to have a possibility to decide by myself if i want to have HDR or not in a situation. Thanks again for checking out this and have a nice and relaxed weekend.

You are very welcome, Daniel. We sincerely appreciate suggestions that promote a better user experience. Hopefully, it will be evaluated and rolled out sooner. All the best!
2022-12-2
Use props
DaniDenz
lvl.1
Germany

Sorry, me again Tony :-)

Just saw the new Mini 3 does support HDR in single shot mode (technical specs in german language says this) - so now I think it should be no problem to implement it also in the mini 3 pro version... Nice regards - Daniel
2022-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules