DJI RC Controller Question
2968 11 2022-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
huntingidaho
lvl.1
United States

I use my phone with the controller but I'm thinking about buying the DJI RC controller so I don't have to use my phone, is the controller a good option with the 5.5" screen? Would you recommend the controller? Thanks for your help.
2022-12-2
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

I use mine with a Mavic 2 Pro. Although it's alwo compatible with my Phantom 4 Pro V2, I like it better with the Mavic. You won't have a problem seeing the display in raw sunlight. It's very comfortable and you don't have wires dangling around.
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, huntingidaho. Thank you for your attention toward DJI products. DJI RC was rolled out to reduce consumer costs based on DJI RC-N1’s control with mobile phones. With DJI RC, users can fly their aircraft immediately after powering on, without connecting it to a mobile device and debugging it. In addition, the product design is more simplified in terms of systems, ports, and buttons, but without compromising its control experience. In terms of brightness, we compared the DJI RC with mobile devices on the market. When used outdoors, most mobile devices have a full-screen brightness of close to 600 nits in sunlight. While after the full-screen brightness of the DJI RC is manually adjusted to the highest brightness, the brightness can reach about 700 nits and be maintained for a long time, allowing you to have a better view of the image transmission, or shooting composition when you use it outdoors. It also offers cross-compatibility with other DJI drones like the DJI Mini 3 Pro, Mavic 3 Classic, Mavic 3, and DJI Air 2S. Hope this helps! Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.

2022-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a really nice hassle free solution,     seems like a trivial thing not have to connect up the phone but it's really liberating.  
2022-12-3
Use props
PatrickL
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-12-2 20:19
Hi, huntingidaho. Thank you for your attention toward DJI products. DJI RC was rolled out to reduce consumer costs based on DJI RC-N1’s control with mobile phones. With DJI RC, users can fly their aircraft immediately after powering on, without connecting it to a mobile device and debugging it. In addition, the product design is more simplified in terms of systems, ports, and buttons, but without compromising its control experience. In terms of brightness, we compared the DJI RC with mobile devices on the market. When used outdoors, most mobile devices have a full-screen brightness of close to 600 nits in sunlight. While after the full-screen brightness of the DJI RC is manually adjusted to the highest brightness, the brightness can reach about 700 nits and be maintained for a long time, allowing you to have a better view of the image transmission, or shooting composition when you use it outdoors. It also offers cross-compatibility with other DJI drones like the DJI Mini 3 Pro, Mavic 3 Classic, Mavic 3, and DJI Air 2S. Hope this helps! Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.

I love the RC controller. I don't need third party systems but i would like to know if waypoints/controls would be to be add like drone control.
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PatrickL Posted at 1-3 09:02
I love the RC controller. I don't need third party systems but i would like to know if waypoints/controls would be to be add like drone control.

Hi, PatrickL. Thank you for your feedback. At present, we have not received any information regarding the addition of the Waypoint feature for the DJI Mini 3 Pro. But we will continue to gather customers' feedback and relay them to our DJI Developers for attention. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2023-1-4
Use props
coliwabl1
lvl.2

United States

I must be missing something as I am unable to pair the DJI RC to my Mavic 3. I have attempted 3 x's without success. I have turned on the remote, then the drone, then tapped the pair button. It beeps for 30 seconds only to indicate that the two did not pair.
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

coliwabl1 Posted at 2-13 10:55
I must be missing something as I am unable to pair the DJI RC to my Mavic 3. I have attempted 3 x's without success. I have turned on the remote, then the drone, then tapped the pair button. It beeps for 30 seconds only to indicate that the two did not pair.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry you're experiencing such issues. We recommend you try refreshing the firmware of your drone and remote controller through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Once done, reattempt the linking process. If it still fails, kindly post a short video showing the connection process and the error. We will be waiting for your update. Have a nice day.
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_i5fysGyn7Zpo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300082 ft
Canada

Avoid buying the smart contoller. Followed every possible suggestion of reseting it but to no avail.
Following the software update (latest one as of today 24-02-23) and one test flight, remote would not turn on. No LED lights, not charging or responding in any way.
This is a 400 dollar remote that is 5 months old and maybe saw 6 or so uses, completely unacceptable when you see the amount of people experiencing the same issue.
2023-2-24
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

It's  worth it in my opinion. Just keep in mind that you will loose a little bit of range
2023-2-24
Use props
Rolito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107582 ft
Canada

I would like to know if the DJI RC will be OK to fly my Spark, if anybody has the experience.  Range and loss/gain of any features compared to original controller and an iPad?
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rolito Posted at 4-6 07:13
I would like to know if the DJI RC will be OK to fly my Spark, if anybody has the experience.  Range and loss/gain of any features compared to original controller and an iPad?

Hi, Rolito. Thanks for reaching you. Regretfully, the DJI RC is not compatible with the DJI Spark. It is currently only compatible with the DJI Mini 3, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Mavic 3, and the DJI Air 2S. Therefore, it is not recommended to use it for the DJI Spark. Thanks for your understanding.

2023-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules