Binding 2 Controllers to DJI Mavic 3 Cine.
4871 7 2022-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gary de Menezes
lvl.1

South Africa

I have a DJI Mavic 3 Cine which i purchased with the DJI RC Pro controller,   since i do a lot of offroad motorcyle riding, i have created a mount for my controller.  But the RC Pro is so expensive and  hence I have just purchased a DJI RC for my mootorcyle trips and will use the DJI RC pro fo alll my other drone flying.   How can I bind both controllers to my drone ?   when I swop them, then it does not pair and the new DJI RC i just recieved is giving me a message  " Connected device not bound to aircraft.. i can fly 5 more times etc etc....    Now I dont want to unbind my RC Pro as I use it all the time and then will use the DJI RC on weekends when doinng adventure rides .

Assistance would be great
2022-12-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i dont think it is meant to operate that way.  you have to follow the instructions every time and the setup is limited.  i dont think there is any other way around it.  this isn't like a gsm phone where you can simply swap sim cards over the weekend unfortunately.  someone can correct me if i am wrong but it one rc per one drone at a time.
2022-12-5
Use props
Gary de Menezes
lvl.1

South Africa

The Saint Posted at 12-5 08:46
i dont think it is meant to operate that way.  you have to follow the instructions every time and the setup is limited.  i dont think there is any other way around it.  this isn't like a gsm phone where you can simply swap sim cards over the weekend unfortunately.  someone can correct me if i am wrong but it one rc per one drone at a time.

Hope thats not true as it makes little sense that you cannot have 2 controllers and as long as you don't try connect them simultaneously they should work fine
2022-12-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I too think that two controllers can NOT be linked to a Mavic 3, I think linking one controller displaces the other.
In addition, if you have flyaway cover then, for the cover to be valid the controller in use must be bound to the drone and the drone must be bound to the appropriate DJI account and ONLY one controller can be bound to the drone at any one time. If you wish to bind a second controller to the drone then you must FIRST unbind the first controller from the drone and then bind the second controller....... ad infinitum.

Incidentally, and for information only, you can use two controllers simultaneously with the M2P/Z but one is deemed the primary and the other the secondary, if commands are issued simultaneously on both controllers the primary takes precidence. The secondary has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced access to control menus and DOES NOT create logs in the phone attached to it.

You can also have two controllers permanently linked to the FPV but I think it only works with the standard controller AND the motion controller, I did not try two controllers of the same type. Only one controller can be used at anyone time. Switch both on and the first controller to connect to the drone is the controller in command.

2022-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Gary. Thank you for reaching out. Binding the aircraft with the remote controller records the linking relationship between the aircraft and the remote controller. Unfortunately, you can only bind 1 remote controller at a time. If you will need to use the other controller, you will need to unbind the aircraft from the other controller. Thank you for your kind understanding and continued support.
2022-12-5
Use props
fansb21743fe
lvl.1
Austria

Two controllers were perfectly possible with the mavic2 and very valuable for  a secondary video output - the secondary could not take control of the ac . I see no valid reason ( accounts, dji care ) to block this function. The ac was still registered with the main controller account. Bring this function back please. O3 obviously allows for it.
2023-4-17
Use props
fans5a6100bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180328 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb21743fe Posted at 4-17 03:00
Two controllers were perfectly possible with the mavic2 and very valuable for  a secondary video output - the secondary could not take control of the ac . I see no valid reason ( accounts, dji care ) to block this function. The ac was still registered with the main controller account. Bring this function back please. O3 obviously allows for it.

It's pretty shameful we are not able to bind two controllers, after receiving the Integra Goggles Combo.

While it's a "fun" experience, much of the functionality has been removed in the FPV mode, and I'll have to begrudgingly return this product for a refund.

Absolute massive disappointment, and arrogant thinking by DJI.

Finding it harder and harder to support their offerings moving forward.

These bone-headed moves of binding to a single controller just goes to show how arrogant DJI has become.
2023-7-3
Use props
fans5a6100bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180328 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5a6100bf Posted at 7-3 03:55
It's pretty shameful we are not able to bind two controllers, after receiving the Integra Goggles Combo.

While it's a "fun" experience, much of the functionality has been removed in the FPV mode, and I'll have to begrudgingly return this product for a refund.

Returning the product for refund.

This is a downgrade to the Mavic 3 user experience, functionality wise.
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules