Phantom 3 Standard Remote Problem
29329 29 2015-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cyrusconnor2109
New

United States

Yesterday while stupidly trying to solve the obvious problem of the DJI GO app not having the standard on it yet I thought I had a problem with the remote sending the wifi signal to my phone  (Mind you I was fully able to connect to the wifi on my phone I just didnt know that the standard hadnt been put on the DJI app). So I read through the manual and saw a section about resetting the wi-fi video downlink on my remote, thinking that was my problem I weant ahead and followed the one step procedure "
[size=11.6667px]Switch on the remote controller, turn the gimbal dial to the far right, and toggle the S2 switch back and forth for at least three times. The remote controller will sound a long beep if the SSID and password for the Wifi Video Downlink have been reset to their default values successfully" I completed the simple task but instead of hearing a beep I noticed the status led on the remote began blinking green to red rapidly (my remote and phantom were fully charged). So when it came to the day of the update for the app being released I downloaded it happy to be able to fly the drone I had paid $800 for. But, of course when I opened my phone after turning on the remote and phantom I noticed that the remote stopped having the Phantom_xxxxx wifi appear causing me not being able to link the phantom via the app. If you have any knowledge about this please help me!!!! This sucker was $800 of a pain in my a**!

2015-8-14
Use props
cyrusconnor2109
New

United States

I also tried multiple devices and waited minutes for the blinking LEDs to have something happen yet nothing did.
2015-8-14
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

cyrusconnor2109 Posted at 2015-8-15 13:33
I also tried multiple devices and waited minutes for the blinking LEDs to have something happen yet  ...

You probably have to rebind the camera gimbal to the wifi unit on the remote. Try this....I know its the P2 but I imagine it might work.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... _the_Range_Extender
2015-8-15
Use props
cyrusconnor2109
New

United States

Thank you for the help but the problem is I can't connect my phone to the phantom_xxxx wifi which should appear on my network list after I power on the remote, yet the wifi doesnt appear on my phone. It was appearing two days ago but after I tried to reset the wifi It doesnt work.
2015-8-15
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

cyrusconnor2109 Posted at 2015-8-16 01:21
Thank you for the help but the problem is I can't connect my phone to the phantom_xxxx wifi which sh ...

Apple or Android?
2015-8-15
Use props
cyrusconnor2109
New

United States

IPhone 5s with ios 8.4
2015-8-15
Use props
Cyrus Fisher
New

United States

Our phantom 3 standard never worked.  We tried for days, many calls to Tech support, after waiting 2 days for the IOS app to come out. Tech support finally said it would need to be REPAIRED, not replaced, or exchanged, because we'd had it more than 7 days. Unbelievable. After appealing to them, they finally agreed to a refund  ( tentatively - I had better not forget any of the original packaging! ), and sent me a return shipping label. I packed it up and shipped it out, but emailed saying a REPLACEMENT would be preferred but not sure they are able to stop a refund once in motion. I really don't care, either is good. Send me a new one, that works, and I'll be happy. Refund my money promptly and I'll be happy. What I CANT stand, is radio silence  to my emails sent directly to support asking for status. Fed Ex tracking shows they have received, but no word from you guys as to what you intend to do now. I giess I'll call again tomorrow, and speak to yall for the 50th time.
2015-8-26
Use props
atemsupasiri
New

United States

I just opened up the box today and have the same problem. There is no wifi available to choose from. This tread has been up for awhile, but still no official DJI rep has commented or tried to fix the issue. That's pretty disappointing. I tried calling into tech support, but the line is always busy every time i try.
2015-8-27
Use props
padraic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4077612 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same problem have you got it sorted yet
2015-9-12
Use props
amckim2084
lvl.1
Flight distance : 606083 ft
United States

I'm also having the same problem. No WiFi network showing up on my phone.  I also found out that I can't even power on the motors for the first time without connecting to the app and registering the aircraft to the app.  I waited 8 days for my Standard and I can't even fly it.
2015-9-12
Use props
azanzamike
New

Mexico

amckim2084@hotm Posted at 2015-9-13 10:07
I'm also having the same problem. No WiFi network showing up on my phone.  I also found out that I c ...

SAME FUCKING PROBLEM ,,,, have you solved it ?
2015-10-19
Use props
matt.shanahan
New

United States

I am having the same problem. This conversation is quite old. Has anyone found a way to fix this issue, without sending it back to DJI (because their customer service sucks!)?????
2015-11-5
Use props
maldiny_uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a similar problem. When I got my dji phantom 3 standard first thing  I done  was to do all updates and calibrations and it was all fine. I managed to fly it twice with no problem,but when I tried to connect 3rd time to the wifi I couldn't anymore,I'm keep getting " incorrect password " message. I don't really know what's wrong,as the same password worked first time when I connect. I have to mention that between the 2nd time I use the drone and the 3rd time I tried to use it,I had an update for dji go,which I done . After I was getting this problem I tried to remove the app from phone and reinstall it,but I'm keep getting the same problem. I also tried to reset the controller but still the same problem.
Do you guys know what might be wrong?
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

maldiny_uk Posted at 2015-12-24 20:08
I have a similar problem. When I got my dji phantom 3 standard first thing  I done  was to do all up ...

Hi , Have you tried reset the RC WIFI ? Please check the user manual .
Reset WIFI.jpg
2015-12-25
Use props
mvn591014
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38537 ft
United States

This is the way how DJI operates. They will release their drones for sale on the market; but the app that controls the quadcopter is not present or the firmware update of the app is still worked on by the developers. As a result, you have a working drone; however, you cannot fly it in the absence of the app.

Talking about someone selling you a slick HDTV without the remote control!
2015-12-25
Use props
HailofaGuy
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-25 04:33
Hi , Have you tried reset the RC WIFI ? Please check the user manual .

This worked for me. Also if your Remote Control isn't linked correctly with your aircraft you will have the beeping. Follow the steps in the manual to link RC with Aircraft and hopefully it will solve your issues. Good luck guys!
2015-12-26
Use props
Berchan
New

Puerto Rico

2016-1-11
Use props
sanderbergers
New

Netherlands

I too have the same problem, reconnecting the controller simply doesn't react to anything.
I can move the camera, but I cannot connect to the wifi.
It pops up a couple of times and it goes away again.
My phone and I try to connect, but it doesn't establish a connection

Please help DJI
2016-1-13
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

sanderbergers Posted at 2016-1-13 11:35
I too have the same problem, reconnecting the controller simply doesn't react to anything.
I can mov ...

Did you try to go to an other place?  i heard some issues about areas that have 2.4ghz interference , i was in a place that no one was able to use wifi , really weird think , maybe that the case ,, i know that it sound kind if weird but ot happen to me with a WIFI router  so try to move to an other place , reset the wifi  and check if you are able to connect
2016-1-13
Use props
sanderbergers
New

Netherlands

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-13 19:33
Did you try to go to an other place?  i heard some issues about areas that have 2.4ghz interferenc ...

Thanks a lot sir. I visited my brother in law about 10kilometres away. At my own house I had about 15 other SSIDs floating around. Here, I see only 6 and it works perfect. Updating as we speak.

2016-1-13
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

sanderbergers Posted at 2016-1-13 13:07
Thanks a lot sir. I visited my brother in law about 10kilometres away. At my own house I had about ...

Great , im happy to heard  that it works for you , i know how desperate can be to have the quad and not be able to fly , you won the standard right , mmm if you do a range test please let me know whats the range that you get with the standard
2016-1-13
Use props
anderst1985
New

Croatia

I also having the same problem. No WiFi network showing up on my phone. The controllers power led is red, but on the drone is green, i can control the camera but nothing else. I been trying to reconnect the RC link but it just bipping fast until the remote goes in standbye, i been trying to reset the wife but its just blinking red&green until i turn of the controller but cant still find the wifi on my phone.
Please help.
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

anderst1985 Posted at 2016-1-16 04:17
I also having the same problem. No WiFi network showing up on my phone. The controllers power led i ...

You didn't set your phone to "forget network" did you?
Can you try another device?
2016-1-15
Use props
anderst1985
New

Croatia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-15 21:26
You didn't set your phone to "forget network" did you?
Can you try another device?

Yes tried on another phone now, same problem...
2016-1-15
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

anderst1985 Posted at 2016-1-15 14:36
Yes tried on another phone now, same problem...

Did you try to go to an other place?  i heard some issues about areas that have 2.4ghz interference , i was in a place that no one was able to use wifi , really weird think , maybe that the case ,, i know that it sound kind if weird but ot happen to me with a WIFI router  so try to move to an other place , reset the wifi  and check if you are able to connect
2016-1-15
Use props
anderst1985
New

Croatia

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-15 21:38
Did you try to go to an other place?  i heard some issues about areas that have 2.4ghz interferenc ...

Now i tried where there was no other Wifi signals. Tryed to re link the RC no luck i cant get green light on the controller only on the aircraft, i can still control the camera but nothing else. Tried to reset wifi but no luck here with that...
Any other ideas?
2016-1-16
Use props
ryansdwyer
New

United States

anderst1985 Posted at 2016-1-16 07:15
Now i tried where there was no other Wifi signals. Tryed to re link the RC no luck i cant get gree ...

Were you able to solve this problem?  I encountered the exact same problem today.
2016-1-30
Use props
tonyhelmick
lvl.1

United States

Once my connects to the wifi, it immediately disconnects and will never stay connected. It keeps reading RC Signal Lost on my GO app.  The lights on the phantom 3 will flash the yellow, and the wifi light is solid red in accordance with what its supposed to do when the signal is lost.  Ive tried connecting through the app using the "Linking RC" button in RC Settings and holding the wifi button until its green, but it goes right back to red in less than a second.  It will connect by itself after about 3 or 4 minutes, but only stay connected for a matter of a few seconds.  
2016-2-24
Use props
alain.vermeulenpandora.be
New

Belgium

that work out for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4rrI56l3_c

2020-4-5
Use props
dieselsmom
New

United States

Today I downloaded the firmware to the remote control, but have not as yet to the aircraft.  But know the app is telling me that the remote control and the aircraft are not pair.  How do I pair them?
2020-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules