HDMI Output module
1811 10 2015-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fgavazzeni
lvl.2

Italy

hi,
i've just installed the HDMI module, like to know if is normal that during the use of the phantom the module become warm.
any other user can help me ?
2015-8-15
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Yes. Even the standard module becomes hot. The USB plug is hot when pulled out after a flight.
2015-8-15
Use props
fgavazzeni
lvl.2

Italy

thank you
2015-8-15
Use props
fgavazzeni
lvl.2

Italy

hi,
do you think is better to hold the standard module in the drawer for "spare parts" or is better to sell it on eBay ?
today on italian lake i've reached for the second time 2900 meters ! amazing ! like this bird !
2015-8-15
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

fgavazzeni@me.c Posted at 2015-8-16 01:38
hi,
do you think is better to hold the standard module in the drawer for "spare parts" or is better  ...

well, nobody would buy the standard module because everybody has it already. It makes no sense at all. Keep it and when you sell your P3 you can install it back and sell the HDMI out seperately.
2015-8-15
Use props
fgavazzeni
lvl.2

Italy

thanks for suggestion, make sense !
2015-8-15
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

I'm about to order the HDMI module and was wondering what you be connecting yours to?
Any recommendation on glasses or goggles would be helpful.
2015-8-15
Use props
fgavazzeni
lvl.2

Italy

Calvette Posted at 2015-8-16 13:38
I'm about to order the HDMI module and was wondering what you be connecting yours to?
Any recommenda ...

at this time I flight often above lakes, so I connect my HDMI output to a video recorder in case my P3P falling into the water. just to have a kind of black box for the video.
right now i've attached a Atomos Ninja Blade 5" HDMI, in the future plan to buy some hires glasses for FPV
2015-8-16
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

I am wondering if anyone has purchased this HDMI output module to use specifically for an FPV googles setup and if so to please elaborate?
I recently purchased a P3P and would really like to get a headset / googles-view FPV setup up and running and have looked online quite a bit without finding any solid solutions. Any help and insight as to a compatible setup with this HDMI output module and some googles that work with it.
2015-8-27
Use props
gplante
lvl.2
Flight distance : 214006 ft

Canada

Adam Flurk Posted at 2015-8-28 09:21
I am wondering if anyone has purchased this HDMI output module to use specifically for an FPV google ...

I bought the HDMI Output module as well for my Phantom 3 Advanced and I also bought "HeadPlay HD" headset. This is not gogles but a kind of helmet. I bought this especially because I can wear my real glasses with it.

So, it is working fine (there is an HDMI plug directly on the helmet) but to be honnest, I tought the FPV feeling would be better. The image is a little bit "dusky". So, since I just got it a couple days ago, I will continue to do some tests and I will try to play with settings to see if I can get better results.

If you are interrested to know more about it, here is the link:
http://www.rangevideo.com/shop/1 ... iver-pre-order.html

2015-10-18
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

gplante Posted at 2015-10-18 07:41
I bought the HDMI Output module as well for my Phantom 3 Advanced and I also bought "HeadPlay HD" h ...

People have posted that the FPV quality/resolution from the Advance is not as good as the Pro P3 with the HDMI mod. If true, could that be what the problem is?
2015-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules