656 15 2022-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Avata is so fun to fly!! The motion controller is AWSOME!!!!! I love EVERYTHING about the drone!!! (except the fit of the googgles) Any tips or tricks that anyone knows about? I'm trying to get the most out of it. FYI I want to get a DJI FPV to compare it to the Avata. I will fly it a little, sell the body with battery/batteries, sell the goggles and keep the remote.
2022-12-10
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

Quick tip: just buy the remote. Or you'll probably end up crashing the fpv drone.
2022-12-10
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

It would probably be cheaper to just buy the remote because you'll never get enough money back from the sale of the drone to bring the cost down to just $199 for the remote. There is an aftermarket foam for the goggles however, it's on aliexpress so it will take about 3 to 5 weeks to get it. Just be sure you get the foam and not those rubber ones. The rubber ones are the exact same fit as the goggles, I know because that's what I purchased now I'm waiting on my foam one to get here LOL.
2022-12-10
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 12-10 07:59
It would probably be cheaper to just buy the remote because you'll never get enough money back from the sale of the drone to bring the cost down to just $199 for the remote. There is an aftermarket foam for the goggles however, it's on aliexpress so it will take about 3 to 5 weeks to get it. Just be sure you get the foam and not those rubber ones. The rubber ones are the exact same fit as the goggles, I know because that's what I purchased  now I'm waiting on my foam one to get here LOL.

I found a fpv for $550 with fly more. I have a guy that wants to buy just the drone with batteries for that much and I can sell the goggles with accessories for $350 and I keep the remote.
2022-12-10
Use props
dequiallo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 130548 ft
United States

The FPV is a lot of fun to fly; you might wanna keep it around tbh. It has different flight characteristics and is nicer to fly in some situations.
2022-12-10
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dequiallo Posted at 12-10 09:29
The FPV is a lot of fun to fly; you might wanna keep it around tbh. It has different flight characteristics and is nicer to fly in some situations.

But I do think that the FPV is not suitable for me... I do kinda prefer very low 1ft of the ground shots. Good luck getting those with the FPV
2022-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to hear!
2022-12-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 12-10 16:15
But I do think that the FPV is not suitable for me... I do kinda prefer very low 1ft of the ground shots.  Good luck getting those with the FPV

Avata is the better of the two for super low flying.  
2022-12-11
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

But I do think that the FPV is not suitable for me... I do kinda prefer very low 1ft of the ground shots.  Good luck getting those with the FPV

I do it all the time.
2022-12-11
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3085075 ft
Netherlands

FPVTrendz Posted at 12-10 07:59
It would probably be cheaper to just buy the remote because you'll never get enough money back from the sale of the drone to bring the cost down to just $199 for the remote. There is an aftermarket foam for the goggles however, it's on aliexpress so it will take about 3 to 5 weeks to get it. Just be sure you get the foam and not those rubber ones. The rubber ones are the exact same fit as the goggles, I know because that's what I purchased  now I'm waiting on my foam one to get here LOL.

The foam version is the same as stock just softer
2022-12-11
Use props
dequiallo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 130548 ft
United States

I've got no problem going low and slow with the FPV, esp. cause it tends to keep itself slow when near objects. I was actually surprised when I went back to my Avata how much faster the Avata will accelerate around in my yard.
As soon as I put the Avata above the treeline is when it get a bit less stable and where the FPV shines.
2022-12-11
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dequiallo Posted at 12-11 08:27
I've got no problem going low and slow with the FPV, esp. cause it tends to keep itself slow when near objects. I was actually surprised when I went back to my Avata how much faster the Avata will accelerate around in my yard.
As soon as I put the Avata above the treeline is when it get a bit less stable and where the FPV shines.

Yes the drone's are different for sure.
2022-12-11
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-11 04:41
Avata is the better of the two for super low flying.

Yeah since you can go super fast!!!
2022-12-11
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yup!!!!!
2022-12-11
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

dequiallo Posted at 12-11 08:27

Yep, lots of fun with FPV near the ground, the down sensors works real good. I would say I am more prone to crash the Avata (did not happen yet, knocking in the wood)
2022-12-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 12-11 17:55
Yeah since you can go super fast!!!

Exactly!
2022-12-12
Use props