What do you do with a broken gimbal?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sjammyers
New

United States

I am a big recycler, and dislike the idea of throwing away anything that may have value somewhere.  After reading many of the P3P posts here, I see breaking the gimbal arm of the 4K camera was not a unique occurrance on my part.  Luckily, unlike many posts from an earlier time, I was able to get mine replaced by a certified P3P repair shop in a relatively short period of time (about 2-3 weeks).
Now, for the recycling bit...I still have the damaged camera and the gimbal, with the broken arm.  The data and control cables are torn, and the UV filter / lens protector is cracked.  It seems to me that with some replacement parts, this could be refurbished.  I am not looking to make any money off of sending in a broken camera, but I sure would like to see it repaired and get sent off somewhere so it could help someone else in the future.

I did a lot of on-line searching, and didn't find anything like what I am looking for, but maybe someone out there, who is smarter than me, has an idea.
2015-8-15
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

yiu can buy a rubbin cable and replace it abd buy a new uv filter. its 30$ in the dji store
2015-8-15
Use props
sjammyers
New

United States

Thanks.  I still haven't found a gimbal arm yet.  Maybe my buddy with a MIG welder can do something with it. :-)
2015-8-15
Use props
sjammyers
New

United States

Just found many offerings for P3P Gimbal Yaw Arm.  Just needed to know what to call it. :-)
2015-8-15
Use props
heveys4
lvl.1

Canada

http://m.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-3-Gimbal-Repair-Kit-/191655887920?nav=SEARCH
2015-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules