Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jared Dean
New
Flight distance : 2224 ft
United States

DJI Mini 3 Pro Collision Avoidance Not Working

Hello all, newbie here!

I am wondering what settings effect the collision sensors or if maybe my drone is not working properly. I have watched lots of videos and read through content before purchasing the DJI Mini 3 Pro. I do not have it in sport mode. I have tried in Normal and Cine mode. I've flown 5 times total now. 3 times it didn't work and 2 times it did work. I WAS changing some settings but I was never in sport mode.

I tested it and the bottom sensors sense my hand and the drone flies up. But when I try from the front or back, the drone does not react. The indicator shows red but when I tap it, it says "Sensor Normal" Something to that effect.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
2022-12-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the top bar is the sensor icon is red its not activated.  If you are nears small objects like branches or wires it may not see them.
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and please perform the vision sensor calibration to ensure that all the sensors are working on your unit. Please note that the DJI Mini 3 Pro is equipped with forward, backward, and downward vision sensors, which are used for obstacle detection and avoidance.
The downward infrared sensing system is used for flight altitude measuring. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-12-15
Use props
ac360
New
Flight distance : 181690 ft
Colombia

I’m having this issue too. Even drone is moving sideways after taking off, then when I try to land, it doesn’t notice my hand neither the floor. What should I do? Is red on my rc
2023-1-16
Use props
Davidwang
lvl.1
Australia

I have the same issue. The forward and backward sensor unavailable. What should I do?
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_6O7RUxSjpIlJ
New
United States

Same issue here on Mini 3 Pro.. 5 days old. Flown all 5 days 2 or 3 times a day, so that will be around 15 flights and most flights was off. I say most cause 2 times did work. Tried switching modes, Calibrating IMU and refreshing firmware but it didn't work.
2023-1-25
Use props
djiuser_TgD6ctoBNJAG
New

Germany

I used my mini 3 pro today for the first time. And I have the same problem. But I only tested Start and Land indoor for some minutes. Is it possible that the sensors are deactivated indoors?
2023-2-17
Use props
Rundev
New
Flight distance : 15400 ft
Bulgaria

A few days ago I also got a DJI MINI 3 PRO and as far as I know the software, these sensors you are talking about work when they are in the special shooting modes like Active Tracking, not during normal flight! I hope I have been helpful
2023-2-20
Use props
djiuser_SLw9p0VL7Ipi
New

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-12-15 20:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and please perform the vision sensor calibration to ensure that all the sensors are working on your unit. Please note that the DJI Mini 3 Pro is equipped with forward, backward, and downward vision sensors, which are used for obstacle detection and avoidance.
The downward infrared sensing system is used for flight altitude measuring. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi, I’m having the exact same issue with a brand new 2 days old mini 3 pro. I have done the calibration as suggested but still no joy. Any other ideas or do I send it back?
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_SLw9p0VL7Ipi Posted at 4-1 23:55
Hi, I’m having the exact same issue with a brand new 2 days old mini 3 pro. I have done the calibration as suggested but still no joy. Any other ideas or do I send it back?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the unit experiences a hard landing? Also, does the issue occurs in Sports mode or also in normal mode? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-3
Use props
djiuser_w5pINBPhcdKz
New

Canada

Did no one find Resolution to this? I have flown about 20 times over the past months. 2 days it was fine and suddenly now or of the blue the sensors dont work.  It is NOT in sport mode. I tried Recalibrating and updated the software.

What next?

2023-5-25
Use props
For The Love
New

United States

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and please perform the vision sensor calibration to ensure that all the sensors are working on your unit. Please note that the DJI Mini 3 Pro is equipped with forward, backward, and downward vision sensors, which are used for obstacle detection and avoidance.

Just bought a mini 3 pro and having the same issue - > FWD and BKWD unavailable. I just tried to download the app you linked to on my Mac but an error occurred saying:

“DJI+Assistant+2(Consumer+Drones+Series)+2.1.18.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

I'd like to purchase care refresh, but will it get refunded if I take this back to Costco? I'm still interested in buying a drone from y'all. Thank you kindly
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

For The Love Posted at 5-28 11:01
Just bought a mini 3 pro and having the same issue - > FWD and BKWD unavailable. I just tried to download the app you linked to on my Mac but an error occurred saying:

“DJI+Assistant+2(Consumer+Drones+Series)+2.1.18.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what MAC OS are you currently using? Also, if you purchase the DJI care refresh and return the unit, you have an option to transfer it to a replacement aircraft. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-29
Use props
For The Love
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-29 01:44
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what MAC OS are you currently using? Also, if you purchase the DJI care refresh and return the unit, you have an option to transfer it to a replacement aircraft. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply, FWD & BKWD working after taking off. Just needs to be in the air I suppose?

The app is still not installing, I'm running 13.2.1 (22D68)
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

For The Love Posted at 5-29 06:57
Thank you for your reply, FWD & BKWD working after taking off. Just needs to be in the air I suppose?

The app is still not installing, I'm running 13.2.1 (22D68)

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you already managed to isolate the error message. Could you please provide us a screenshot showing the error message when installing the DJI Assistant 2 software on your MAC? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_Nb7OKVWUHaqC
New
Netherlands

I have the same issue, worked ok but it seems after the latest update it stopped working.
The sensors icon on the RC controller are in red colour.
But when I go the tje menu and tje safety tab the obstacles avoidance is turned on and lights green.
When I start the controller and go back from go fly to the connect menu I see a goggles icon and a green light and connect.
Does this has something to do with it?
2023-6-24
Use props
djiuser_OSH88j2gRphW
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem…I even got a replacement and it has the same problem
2023-7-2
Use props
VisioAer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115696 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem, even when it was brand new (used the drone 3 times now the past 2 weeks), it didn't work well, now it doesn't work at all, will try to do the calibration, but it gets to hot so it shuts down before I can complete the calibration.
2023-7-13
Use props
VisioAer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115696 ft
Netherlands

VisioAer Posted at 7-13 06:24
I have the same problem, even when it was brand new (used the drone 3 times now the past 2 weeks), it didn't work well, now it doesn't work at all, will try to do the calibration, but it gets to hot so it shuts down before I can complete the calibration.

So, I managed to do a calibration, using a fan directed at the drone, it probably needs airflow to keep it cool. After the calibration, it is working again.

Side note:
Using propellor guards will disable the sensors (except for the bottom ones). Don't know how the DJI Mini 3 Pro detects these, but I suspect it detects an imbalance or the extra effort it has to put in to fly.
2023-7-13
Use props
Badar Saif Alhabsi
lvl.1

Oman

Hi

Can you help me I have issue my drone DJI mini 3 pro the gimbal stuck

Please can you help me
2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Badar Saif Alhabsi Posted at 7-30 11:53
Hi

Can you help me I have issue my drone DJI mini 3 pro the gimbal stuck

Hi there, please check whether there is debris on the gimbal. If yes, clean off them, restart the aircraft, and calibrate the gimbal. Or please try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently in every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.
2023-7-31
Use props
djiuser_AZs3vtv4ns85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165187 ft
Romania

djiuser_TgD6ctoBNJAG Posted at 2-17 09:06
I used my mini 3 pro today for the first time. And I have the same problem. But I only tested Start and Land indoor for some minutes. Is it possible that the sensors are deactivated indoors?

I noticed that when there is not enough light, these optical sensors do not work. The test was also done at home. It seems logical that they should be deactivated in the absence of sufficient light. I realized it because it was towards evening and I didn't have the red band of the radar on the screen, and the next day it reappeared. Yes, only the bottom sensor senses the hand lifting the drone, the front-rear was set to braking mode, not bypassing. If I put it in bypass mode, I was afraid that it would fly to the side and hit objects. Be careful when flying in closed spaces, otherwise DJI does not recommend such flights, but we also do tests. A good day.
2023-10-1
Use props
djiuser_PwfpmeXWbORb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36161 ft

United Kingdom

Mine has stop. DJI are you going to address this common issue. It’s an expensive bit of equipment and it needs sorting. I don’t want to be logging my laptop every other month
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_PwfpmeXWbORb Posted at 11-13 15:38
Mine has stop. DJI are you going to address this common issue. It’s an expensive bit of equipment and it needs sorting. I don’t want to be logging my laptop every other month

Hi. Sorry about the inconvenience. If the vision sensor is still unavailable after takeoff, please ensure that the current flight mode is not "S" mode. If it is in another flight mode, the APAS function is normally turned on; secondly, please check whether the flying environment is well-lit, because if the environment light is too dark. It will also cause the sensor not to work. It is recommended to test again in the daytime (with sufficient brightness). If there are still problems, please show us a screen recording video in an environment with sufficient brightness for further checking. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-6
Use props
Peter Lukacs
New

United Kingdom

Had this issue recalibrate the sensors using the calibration software, if you turn on the controller and the drone it won't shut down as quick giving you time to do the calibration, you also have to have a flat screen monitor not curved it worked on mine All back to normal now.
2023-12-31
Use props
D-Rock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 350167 ft
United States

Hey guys, I own A dji  mini three pro I have the optical avoidance on but i'm still getting the red indicator light at the top of the screen. Also it's not doing that annoying beep that it usually does when you're close to objects. Anybody out there know how to resolve this issue? Thank you very much.Oh also  I was flying att nighttime just to mess around would that  have affected it? Thank you.
3-7 16:23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

D-Rock Posted at 3-7 16:23
Hey guys, I own A dji  mini three pro I have the optical avoidance on but i'm still getting the red indicator light at the top of the screen. Also it's not doing that annoying beep that it usually does when you're close to objects. Anybody out there know how to resolve this issue? Thank you very much.Oh also  I was flying att nighttime just to mess around would that  have affected it? Thank you.

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. If I may ask. Does this issue always occur every time you fly even during the day? If the issue does not show all the time, the usual reasons for this are:
1. When there is a point or strong light source (such as direct emitting or reflection from sunlight or fixed beam), the vision system may only check abnormal exposure and result in distance measurement failure. As such, the vision system may mistake that the obstacle is huge and close.
2. When the object checked by the vision system is an object with repeat textures, distance measurement failure, and mistaken obstacle detection may occur. (Reason: The aircraft is not as intelligent as the human eye when measuring distances. What they see is a black-and-white view. The distance from the scene must be calculated from the algorithm. An object with repeated textures will affect the aircraft’s judgment of the distance from the scene and the capacity to build maps. As such, it may lead to mistaken obstacle detection.)
Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
3-10 01:17
Use props
Sani Thomas
New

Ireland

I tried whith this but i cannot match the boxes
4-13 07:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sani Thomas Posted at 4-13 07:12
I tried whith this but i cannot match the boxes

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific DJI drone you are currently using? Please try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.
4-14 20:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules