FPV Controller 2 set mode 4
7077 26 2022-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schakal1974
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171175 ft
Germany

I have a DJI Avata with the Google 2 and the motion controller. I have now additionally purchased the FPV Controller 2. I would like to change this controller to mode 4, but I can find neither in the app nor in the glasses the area "user defined" for mode 4. According to my research on the Internet, but it should be possible to set this one.
thanks for your help
2022-12-13
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89751 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No... only mode 1, 2 and 3.
but you can fix this yourself
see:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-239534-1-1.html

and

2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that there are only three stick modes you can set your DJI Avata to. These are the Mode 1, Mode 2, and Mode 3. The default mode of the remote controller is Mode 2.

At the moment, there is no official Mode 4. We will help you forward the request to our related team for consideration. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2022-12-13
Use props
Schakal1974
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 12-13 23:17
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that there are only three stick modes you can set your DJI Avata to. These are the Mode 1, Mode 2, and Mode 3. The default mode of the remote controller is Mode 2.
[view_image]
At the moment, there is no official Mode 4. We will help you forward the request to our related team for consideration. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.

It's funny, in the past on other DJI models(as I've read) you could change mode 4 easily via software. Why is this now not possible in the latest models? Is flying mode 4 a shame? Since I fly for years so it is not easy for me in the head to rethink the, there is more broken afterwards than you want.
I would be really interested in a real statement from a technician why the mode 4 or user defined are not available.

2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Schakal1974 Posted at 12-14 01:12
It's funny, in the past on other DJI models(as I've read) you could change mode 4 easily via software. Why is this now not possible in the latest models? Is flying mode 4 a shame? Since I fly for years so it is not easy for me in the head to rethink the, there is more broken afterwards than you want.
I would be really interested in a real statement from a technician why the mode 4 or user defined are not available.

We understand your input. We will have this raised to our related team for confirmation. We'll update you as soon as we hear back. Thank you for your patience.
2022-12-15
Use props
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3895528 ft
Canada

Yes, please add the custom stick mode like the Mini. Why would you have it for other products and not this? I bought the controller thinking the Avata was the same and I'm finding it near impossible to retrain the brain.
2022-12-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for your feedback. Different models will be different. Currently, DJI Avata does not support customizable control stick mode when used with DJI FPV remote controller 2. But we will forward your suggestions to our engineer, and hope they may evaluate this suggestion for further review. Thanks for your support and understanding.
2022-12-18
Use props
HardiPro
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-12-18 20:59
Thanks for your feedback. Different models will be different. Currently, DJI Avata does not support customizable control stick mode when used with DJI FPV remote controller 2. But we will forward your suggestions to our engineer, and hope they may evaluate this suggestion for further review. Thanks for your support and understanding.

Please add Mode 4 for Avata and DJI FPV Drone asap!

I can’t believe that this issue is known for over a year now (same issue on the DJI FPV Drone) and no solution from DJI so far?

This is so disappointing.
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HardiPro Posted at 1-4 12:34
Please add Mode 4 for Avata and DJI FPV Drone asap!

I can’t believe that this issue is known for over a year now (same issue on the DJI FPV Drone) and no solution from DJI so far?

We understand, HardiPro. We will continue to gather this feedback and forward them for attention. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
2023-1-5
Use props
Anonix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157037 ft
France

Same thing for me.
I really hope there will be a custom mode because the 1,2,3 modes are very limited and absolutely not suitable for me
2023-1-8
Use props
SanchesRaul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364577 ft
Brazil

dji add the custom stick mode for the love of god I don't want to be forced to open the radio to change this function
why do you do this to your customers? there are millions of people no one is alike no one pilots the same way why not think of everyone
2023-1-11
Use props
SanchesRaul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364577 ft
Brazil

just by opening the radio and changing the wires manually it's unfortunate they didn't do a custom mode
2023-2-4
Use props
HardiPro
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 1-5 00:15
We understand, HardiPro. We will continue to gather this feedback and forward them for attention. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Hi Tony,

any news on Mode 4 so far?
Please take this serious, because in my opinion this is a form of pilot discrimination. I learned mode 4 in the age of 12 because my father taught me so. Now I am 47 and it will take me months and broken planes and drones to learn e.g. more popular Mode 2.

But why should I do this whilst it is so easy to implement?
I am a software developer myself and expect that it is just 1-2 days of implementation effort for DJI.

Please take this as a serious issue and stop this strange form of customer discrimination now.
2023-2-19
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

Any RC controller does offer custom mode... But not DJI's one ....
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HardiPro Posted at 2-19 03:12
Hi Tony,

any news on Mode 4 so far?

Hi there. We apologize but we have not received any confirmation or updates as of posting. We understand the importance of having this option. Rest assured that this request has reach the designated team and we hope that this will indeed be added in the future. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-19
Use props
_b_n_y_
New

Hong Kong

any updates?
2023-3-29
Use props
djiuser_uW2sDlFPEdqc
New

Germany

No, I don't think there will be an update to this, otherwise it would have been there a long time ago . Very sad this business philosophy. I have done it with the exchange of cables
2023-3-29
Use props
djiuser_L2hQrwmcX2SU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341129 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Na, DJI gibt sich ja Mühe mit dem totschweigen.
Aber das Thema ist noch nicht vom Tisch.
DJI, machen sie endlich das der Mode 4 für Avata und FPV endlich funktioniert!
2023-6-20
Use props
Schakal1974
lvl.1
Germany

It's been about 6 months now and no update regarding Mode 4 has come, I still think that nothing will come, really very unsatisfactory you have to say so directly because it actually works as it was shown with other models. I have now solved this for myself by screwing on the DJ Controller 2 and inverting the cables from the sensors, the guarantee is then of course gone for the controller, but I then accept that.Recalibrate controller and then you can virtually fly the mode 4 , I have already tested
2023-6-20
Use props
bigworm82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397464 ft
United States

Yeah it's pretty disappointing that won't do it.  Time to take the controller apart.  I can fly in liftoff with mode 4 very very easily.  Just crash in mode 2
2023-8-27
Use props
bigworm82
lvl.1
United States

Schakal1974 Posted at 6-20 10:08
It's been about 6 months now and no update regarding Mode 4 has come, I still think that nothing will come, really very unsatisfactory you have to say so directly because it actually works as it was shown with other models. I have now solved this for myself by screwing on the DJ Controller 2 and inverting the cables from the sensors, the guarantee is then of course gone for the controller, but I then accept that.Recalibrate controller and then you can virtually fly the mode 4 , I have already tested

Do you have a write up somewhere?
2023-8-28
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89751 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

bigworm82 Posted at 8-28 18:32
Do you have a write up somewhere?

see my post a bit above:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2927474
2023-8-29
Use props
PocoLoco89
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI what the hell is wrong with you? So i bought the avata combo, no manual mode with the motion controll... ok, bought me the remote controller 2... what the hack is wrong with you? realy? Now i had to manipulate a new controller, lose the warranty just to flight like i learnd it? Your stuf is so expensive.. the flightsim dont work, for the goggles v2 you need to 3d-print inserts to fit them, to use mode 4 you ned to reasembly the remote controller... look, it's ok. It was my first and my last drohne from that company. Shame on you!
2023-9-11
Use props
damiano nodari
New

Italy

Schakal1974 Posted at 2022-12-14 01:12
It's funny, in the past on other DJI models(as I've read) you could change mode 4 easily via software. Why is this now not possible in the latest models? Is flying mode 4 a shame? Since I fly for years so it is not easy for me in the head to rethink the, there is more broken afterwards than you want.

Sono completamente d'accordo
2023-9-16
Use props
bigworm82
lvl.1
United States

Does anybody even know if DJI Tony is actually a DJI employee or just some rando saying that they're talking to the engineers?  just a thought.  I love my mini 3 and stuff and I had assumed you could easily swap the left and right stick to get mode 4.  
2023-11-14
Use props
djiuser_f7BX04zEdcEN
lvl.1

United States

I bought the DJI FPV a few days ago, I'm coming from the series 1 Mavic PRO and I'm amazed at how DJI is handling the software department, it seems that they are not interested in listening to the users, I see that even the apps have the same problems. I am considering returning it, for me it is impossible to fly it with these settings. By the way even the cheaper controllers have this option which is totally basic!
@Dji what do you want to do?
3-9 06:39
Use props
Sexy Doodle
New
Flight distance : 200 ft
United States

I can't switch up and down in the custom setting, is DJI working on this?  I can't fly it like it used to be.
3-22 10:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules