Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crack in the Motor Housing/Leg
1360 7 2015-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gboivin
First Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just noticed this fine crack in the housing/Leg of the Inspire1. I was doing a though inspection of the motors and prop locks for wear. This was my first real close up with magnifier and lighting since I unboxed the unit. I think it's a stress crack possibly from over touque on the screws. Never had a hard landing or anything. I think it's flyable but looking for feedback from DJI and forum. Purchased in January this year.
IMG_1920.jpg
2015-8-15
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

it is not dangerous as far as 4 motor screws are there tightly holding motor
2015-8-17
Use props
Jacques
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6662490 ft
United States

Aloha how many flight do you have, I have over 380 and have the same problem...
2015-8-18
Use props
gboivin
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

130 flights 333,000 ft. Cracks on this leg only
2015-8-19
Use props
gboivin
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else having problems with cracks in the landing gear housing? I have cracks on two legs. Called support and they told me 8 weeks turn a round time! Thats crazy! When is it gonna get better?
2015-9-4
Use props
remltr
lvl.4

United States

This is obviously a part that would need to be replaced if sent to DJI.

I don't know if this would work, but I know it would be ugly, but couldn't you CA glue that crack in an attempt to keep if from growing? Thus avoiding having to send it in.

Don't know where you are located, but if your weather turns ugly for months at a time you could then send it to DJI for proper repair during that time and you wouldn't miss out on any flying time.

2015-9-4
Use props
njabinc
lvl.3

United States

remltr Posted at 2015-9-4 07:34
This is obviously a part that would need to be replaced if sent to DJI.

I don't know if this would  ...

I had one start at 33 flights and another at 42. Neither are in danger of affecting the integrity of the airframe yet. So far EBay has offered up two I plan on installing.
2015-9-8
Use props
ozzelot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 800876 ft
Austria

i also have those problems. in my case the cracks are nearly invisible, but they are there. so nearly on every motor mount you can find it. i have 120 flights on my inspire with no crashes or hard landings.

i had cracks also in my phantom 2 without crash. it is bad plastic :-/
2016-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules