Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GH4 video settings
2272 7 2015-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nikolaospaschal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3093517 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello guys.
I just today first time flew are new s1000 with GH4.
As it is first time using this camera could someone give some tips with settings?
I get video out of focus.Something chase the focus and the half video is out of focus....
Any default settings please?
Thanks
2015-8-15
Use props
dennismurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea..so check the lens...there should be something like a round metal piece with slats in it. You should be able to move it forward and backward. If it's set to the back it's set for manual focus. If you set it forward it will be auto focus..I'm assuming the lens is something like Olympus or something common.
2015-8-15
Use props
nikolaospaschal
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-8-16 12:07
Yea..so check the lens...there should be something like a round metal piece with slats in it. You sh ...

Yes it is the Olympus 12mm f/2 digital the one DJI suggest.....
2015-8-15
Use props
dennismurry08
Captain
  • >>>
United States

nikolaospaschal Posted at 2015-8-16 13:25
Yes it is the Olympus 12mm f/2 digital the one DJI suggest.....

Then do as I suggested. Grab that large silver ring with the slats and move it forward...make sure the camera is off.  Also set the knob on top of the camera to either M or Ia then turn the camera back on....see if that gets rid of the blurry...after that its just camera settings, fps, iso etc.
2015-8-16
Use props
Ozren
lvl.4

Croatia

1. Put the lens in the manual mode, and focus to infinity. (google if you dont know how to do it)
2. Put your camera in M, manual mode. If recording 4k, put shutter between 1/50 and 1/100, dont go over that, you will get jello, and bad footage. If recording HD(1080p), then you can put your shutter up to 1/200 and maybe even more if recording slow-mo. Remember, if you record 25FPS, your shutter should be double that. 25 FPS = 1/50 - 50 FPS = 1/100..etc.
3. Your aperture should never go above F11, this lens is bad...really bad, and anything above that will blur your image.  So adjust your F stop to get the correct lightning (exposure).
4. ISO is always at 200 at day, raise it if you are shooting at night.
5. Get an ND filter, heliopan is good, ND 0.9 is great, or get ND0.6 and ND1.2. I use ND 0.9.

Having sad all that, i think all DJI Z15 gimbals suck, and are really bad. DJI is even recommending their customers  to shoot in shutter priority mode. Shutter priority creates Aperture shifts, and makes your footage useless for anything other then fun youtube videos. I think 1800EUR gimbal should be a little better to allow us to change aperture in flight.

So to sum it up, shoot in manual, if lightning changes, or if you move your camera from sky to ground, first bring your drone down, adjust the camera to different exposure, and record again. It sucks big time, and you will have alot of useless footage...you will either have over exposed or under exposed footage, you will never have the correct exposure with Z15 gimbals, only with Z15 BMPCC.
2015-8-16
Use props
dennismurry08
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You could do as I suggested for a simple test or just dive in as Ozren points out above with the settings. I find a lot of people may know how to fly a drone and operate a Hero camera but when you get into the GH3/4 there is soooo much to learn
2015-8-20
Use props
nikolaospaschal
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Ozren Posted at 2015-8-16 23:48
1. Put the lens in the manual mode, and focus to infinity. (google if you dont know how to do it)
2. ...

Dear Ozren
Yesterday it was a bright sunny day and i tried to check settings.
In ISO 200 shutter 1/50 ( for not having Jello) but the aperture has to be inserted to 22 !!! to have normal image (not to be burned)
Any idea for keeping 1/50 and reduce aperture to not more than 11 ???
2016-3-29
Use props
flaviomjr
Second Officer
Canada

you can always use nd filter to have better control over the light.  On a bright day I use nd3 1/50, f5.0   Depending on how sunny it is I will bring up the fstop.   I also shoot sometimes on 100 shutter and never had jello effect.
2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules