446 0 2022-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kamilkamien
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261516 ft
Poland

Hi!
I recently encountered an unusual problem. In Poland the temperature dropped below zero and I wanted to fly my drone.
My drone is a DIY build x8
A3 controller
LB2
folding landing gear from dji s800/900/s1000 with control board

The problem is that if I want to fly outside and it's freezing temperature, unfortunately I can't lift my legs. Everything looks as if the A3 controller at a negative temperature does not give a signal through the F1 ... F8 ports

The controller is on top, the foot control board is below between the two boards. It is covered with aluminum will. In the room when the controller is warm or on a day when the temperature is positive, everything works without a problem. Whenever it's cold, it cuts off the functions on the ports where the folding landing gear controls are pinned.

In normal operation mode, I start the controller, it needs some time to initialize the system. The leg control board has its own controller and status LED. If it doesn't get a signal it flashes red, when there is a signal it lights up green.
When it's warm it behaves correctly, when it's cold it completely cuts off the signal coming from the A3 can.

The instructions for the A3 controller say that it can withstand work in -10 degrees, but in my place in Poland it is currently -3/-4 so I have a large temperature reserve.

When I run the system outside in freezing temperatures, I can't lift my legs. When I bring the drone home after a while, the system starts giving a signal and the legs can go up normally.

Has anyone encountered this? Is this normal behavior? Can he build some kind of system that will allow to heat the controller and thus give a signal to ports f1-f8?

I connected the frozen legs to other RC receivers and the triggering was completely normal, so it's clearly the fault of the cold A3.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I am sending a link where you can see everything. I'm sorry for my spoken English,

2022-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules