P3 slowly ramps up RPM and hovers without command
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

Did all my upgrades and calibrations. At first start up, all is cool. it just sits there and idles. however, after I fly for a while and then land, after a few seconds while idling, I here the RPM's slowly ramping up and down, until the P3 actually lifts off and rises to about 3 feet. I land it and usually it stays, but may do it once or twice before finally setteling down.

Any ideas?'

Thanks,
Brad

2015-8-15
Use props
axidify
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

You landed it and didnt kill the motors and it went back up?
2015-8-15
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

yes, that is what happened. But only about 3 feet.
2015-8-15
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

bradneal24 Posted at 2015-8-16 10:07
yes, that is what happened. But only about 3 feet.

Haven't had this happen. That is strange.
2015-8-15
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Sounds kinda normal from my experience. It still thinks it's flying, as you've not held the stick down for 3 seconds or done the CSC to kill the motors.

I don't believe there is the ability to return to the 'motors armed' state that you get prior to takeoff and the P3 will react to sensor deviations accordingly.  
2015-8-15
Use props
stvnvicbc
lvl.2

Canada

Do you have the VPS turned on? Because if you don't kill the motors it will definitely seek out the 3' mark.

If it's on the ground and you haven't killed the motors it thinks its still flying, you may get lucky sometimes and it will just sit there, but most likely take off again.
2015-8-16
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

This behavior has been present since the Phantom 1
Also depends on whether you have it set to immediately mode or intelligent mode
2015-8-16
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

Yea, this all makes sense. I have never landed and then idled before. I always  kill the props. The difference this time is, I was practicing in ATTI mode with take off's and landings. So I expected the P3 to sit, and having never done that before was not expecting it to lift off on its own. But now that you mention it, I noticed while sitting on the ground, the auto land button was active, not auto launch. Now I understand why, the P3 thought it was still flying.

Thanks for the clarification.

-Brad
2015-8-16
Use props
Bob Denny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193117 ft
United States

Changes in temperature of the air going past the baro sensor can cause it to think the altitude is changing.
2015-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules