Quick transfer on Mini 3 pro - "Connection failed"
10401 29 2022-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mstram
lvl.1
Canada

I'm trying to get the quick transfer going with my  mini-pro 3 and a Samsung Galaxy A03S  / Android 12

I have DJI-Fly  v 1.9.0  running on the phone

When I press the "Switch" button  (on DJI Fly)  "Switch to QuickTransfer Mode",  I get a popup  with the name of my drone,  and "searching for devices".

It then says " Connection failed"

and :

1)goto profile - > settings - > quick transfer Band on
DJI Fly and make sure 2.4 ghz is enabled
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see any "quick transfer Band"   under profile -> settings

** I did set the speed to 2.4ghz  under the  "go fly" / settings / transmission
menu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Goto settings and make sure Wi-fI Assistant is diabled
--------------------------------------------------------

---- which "settings" ?
       - Android phone  ?
           - Dji Fly "pulldown menu" / settings  ?
             Does the "swipe from top-settings-menu" even exist on the "phone"
                 version of DJI-FLy  ?

3 check the above and go to Setting to connect to wifi network manually
    Again which settings ?

If I go to the phone / Settings /  Connections / Wifi  the  drone's  wifi name does not show up,
     (DJI-Mini3-Pro-7CAB)

That name does show up under the  DJI-rc / settiings / Network & Internet / Wifi.

But then it's asking for a password.   
      Where is that password set ?

And if I make that wifi  connection  (DJI - rc controller   - > Wifi - drone), what is that connection
    used for ?     (The quick transfer) ?

Very confusing.

And I consider myself pretty "computer literate"  (though admitedly a  newbie with Android / DJI

====================================
dji fly quick transfer
android wifi assistant

1)goto profile - > settings - > quick transfer Band on
DJI Fly and make sure 2.4 ghz is enabled

I don't see any "quick transfer Band"   under profile -> settings

** I did set the speed to 2.4ghz  under the  "go fly" / settings / transmission
menu

2 Goto settings and make sure Wi-fI Assistant is diabled

---- which "settings" ?
       - Android phone  ?
           - Dji Fly "pulldown menu" / settings
             Does the "swipe from top-settings-menu" even exist on the "phone"
                 version of DJI-FLy  ?

3 check the above and go to Setting to connect to wifi network manually
    Again which settings ?

2022-12-18
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please post Mini 3 Pro threads in the appropriate forum.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... peid&typeid=776

Mods, please move all Mini 3 Pro threads OUT of the Pro Systems forum to the Mavic>Mini 3 Pro forum where they belong. SNR is going to the dogs around here.
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. Here are some troubleshooting steps you may try:
1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Location function are turned on in the mobile phone settings.
Note: In some Android mobile devices, the app Wi-Fi permission can be set separately. Check the Wi-Fi permission setting for the DJI Fly app and ensure that the Wi-Fi permission is allowed.
2. Try to use the Fixed 2.4 GHz function in the QuickTransfer Band. Go to the DJI Fly homepage>Profile>Settings >QuickTransfer Band>Fixed 2.4 GHz. If this does not show in your Settings, that means that the mobile device model does not support such a function. You may skip this step then.
3. Rename the aircraft. On the DJI Fly app, tap the three-dot menu Settings, and then go to About. Change the name of your aircraft.
4. Restart the mobile and the aircraft and try to use QuickTransfer again.
Kindly keep us updated. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Have a nice day.
2022-12-18
Use props
mstram
lvl.1
Canada

When I try to (Bluetooth) pair the drone from either the phone or the DJI RC controller,  I'm getting :

couldn't pair with dji because of an incorrect pin or passkey
2022-12-19
Use props
moontan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504541 ft
India

mstram Posted at 12-19 01:24
When I try to (Bluetooth) pair the drone from either the phone or the DJI RC controller,  I'm getting :

couldn't pair with dji because of an incorrect pin or passkey

Same here. It gives me a passkey to Bluetooth pair it, but where do I enter this key?
2022-12-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

RTFM!!! There is a "Quick Transfer" section, page 13.
2022-12-28
Use props
moontan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504541 ft
India

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-28 16:36

I have and followed all instructions but it still does not connect. Thanks for the very helpful advice, though. Really solved the issue!!
2022-12-28
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Glad it is sorted.
2022-12-29
Use props
mstram
lvl.1
Canada

Lol   (your sarcasm detector is broken)
2022-12-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

moontan Posted at 12-28 21:58
I have and followed all instructions but it still does not connect. Thanks for the very helpful advice, though. Really solved the issue!!

The OP does not follow the manual.
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_jj9DCbYwp7MC
lvl.1

United States

can you check the serial number of this stupid mini 3 pro if it is not a replica because i bought it from an online store by the serial number i have not opened the box yet i am sending you photos of the serial number and on the box it says made in malaysia is there a factory there and is there Russian language installed on the remote.
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_hd8rJi1e5nep
New

Canada

None of this solves the problem.  3 dots?  Where are there 3 dots anywhere in settings?   
2023-3-25
Use props
djiuser_9vgDjgQXZJNe
New
Mauritius

Has anyone been able to resolve this? I am still unable to connect to the drone from my android phone (S10 and S21). The drone's wifi is not visible to any android device but it does work from iPhone and iPad. I expected more from a drone + RC that costs over $1000.
2023-4-2
Use props
fans05292d2d
New
United States

Quick Transfer works with iPhone but NOT with my Android devices, Samsung Galaxy Z fold4 and Pixel 6a.
2023-4-12
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21362 ft
United States

patiam Posted at 2022-12-18 14:52
Please post Mini 3 Pro threads in the appropriate forum.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=129&filter=typeid&typeid=776

Why don't you try and help instead of derailing the conversation with "Get this thread out of here!!"  My God....
2023-5-1
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
United States

I've the same issue...except my phone has a pop up before it shows the failed menu you listed above.  And it doesn't offer me an option to connect.  IN short, DJI's software is broken and they aren't doing a thing about it.
2023-5-1
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-12-18 19:58
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. Here are some troubleshooting steps you may try:
1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Location function are turned on in the mobile phone settings.
Note: In some Android mobile devices, the app Wi-Fi permission can be set separately. Check the Wi-Fi permission setting for the DJI Fly app and ensure that the Wi-Fi permission is allowed.

Did you read anything the OP posted?  Or do you just copy/paste the same response to every question posted about Quick Transfer failure?  Is this what you call customer service?

Read what he wrote.  He obviously did those things.

And this ridiculous recommendation about changing the wi-fi name...is that some sort of parody or joke?  What is that even supposed to do?  Never in my years in computing has anyone ever suggested such a ridiculous action to try  and solve a connection issue.  FIx your hardware/software already.
2023-5-1
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2022-12-28 16:36

N.S....it still doesn't work
2023-5-1
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_9vgDjgQXZJNe Posted at 4-2 22:12
Has anyone been able to resolve this? I am still unable to connect to the drone from my android phone (S10 and S21). The drone's wifi is not visible to any android device but it does work from iPhone and iPad. I expected more from a drone + RC that costs over $1000.

This is DJI...you expected wrong.  You bought into the Apple-esque product of the drone world.
2023-5-1
Use props
djiuser_bcCSCGjm7cPW
New

New Caledonia

Hello, same problem here, with a Samsung A51. After trying everything (rebooting, switching off data, manually entering mini 3 pro wifi settings, desinstalling and reinstalling the app,...), no success. My phone simply can't see the drone's wifi, where my laptop very quickly and successfully logs into it !!

Vive l'informatique !
2023-5-9
Use props
ChrisPro3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 843 ft
Germany

Same trouble here... on my ipad it works pretty well, but not on my trusty Blackberry (Android 8.1).  I once got it working, but man, that's kind of complicated:  

I think it was:

- RC is off, drone is off
- mobile connection off (airplane mode)
- switch on the drone
- first switch on and pair Bluetooth (N.B.: I had to try a few times - I think it only worked when the paring code is sent from the drone, it appears on your phone screen, and not when the phone asks for typing in a PIN code, so watch out for that),
- then enable Wifi on the phone and connect to the drone
-  I think then it worked, but only then.  I had hoped it would work from then on normally but it doesn't. Only with this work around.

@Admin, maybe this helps with your fault finding.
2023-5-9
Use props
Bushcat69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14701 ft

Switzerland

I resolved my "Connection Failed" issue by adding the DJI Fly app to the bypass list in Blokada, connected immediately after that and no issue since. I would have to assume the same would happen with any kind of ad-blocking app or VPN connection for that matter.
2023-5-14
Use props
GregP507
lvl.1
Flight distance : 404360 ft
Canada

I'm getting a message that my DJI Fly app can't Quick Connect because the drone is already connected to another device.  There is no other device.
2023-7-13
Use props
GregP507
lvl.1
Canada

fans05292d2d Posted at 4-12 16:33
Quick Transfer works with iPhone but NOT with my Android devices, Samsung Galaxy Z fold4 and Pixel 6a.

Mine was working for over two weeks right out of the box, on my Samsung Galaxy S23, but then it just stopped working.  All it says is that the aircraft is already connected to another device.  There is no other device.
2023-7-13
Use props
GregP507
lvl.1
Canada

I don't think I need to change bands. it worked on the default setting for over 2 weeks, besides, I know the S23 is capable of using the 5 GHz band.
Changing the user name makes no sense to me either.  I'm afraid of really messing things up by changing it.
2023-7-15
Use props
djiuser_5y1sQPfwaRcA
New

New Caledonia

GregP507 Posted at 7-13 15:50
I'm getting a message that my DJI Fly app can't Quick Connect because the drone is already connected to another device.  There is no other device.

Bonjour avez vous trouvé une solution ?
J'ai un iphone 14 et impossible de faire le quick tranfert , pour la même raison !!
Have you find a solution ? I ve got an Iphone 14 and impossible to do the qucik transfet for the same reason
2023-9-24
Use props
JattyThomas0121
lvl.2

India

djiuser_5y1sQPfwaRcA Posted at 9-24 15:58
Bonjour avez vous trouvé une solution ?
J'ai un iphone 14 et impossible de faire le quick tranfert , pour la même raison !!
Have you find a solution ? I ve got an Iphone 14 and impossible to do the qucik transfet for the same reason

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by changing the quick share visibility settings. https://thegeekpage.com/quick-sh ... g-on-samsung-phone/
2023-10-10
Use props
djiuser_sANBwSggHTHD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Turn off the phones VPN this worked for me
2023-11-13
Use props
djiuser_yEIwQlKSMQim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 467356 ft
United States

Bushcat69 Posted at 5-14 11:02
I resolved my "Connection Failed" issue by adding the DJI Fly app to the bypass list in Blokada, connected immediately after that and no issue since. I would have to assume the same would happen with any kind of ad-blocking app or VPN connection for that matter.

My goodness, you are a GENIUS! I always try that when I have connection issues with websites, but this never hit me. Worked instantly. Thank you!
2023-11-15
Use props
Pifawe
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Hello all,

I am not sure if I have the same issue as you guys... but when I use Quick Transfer the connection always disconnects and it is really hard to transfer batch files. I thought that is from my drone, but I got a replacement and it is still the same issue ... more than 2 years. What I recently found is that the issue may be because of Google Photos.... when transfering files, google photos is trying to upload them imidiatly.

Try to stop Back up in google photos than force stop the app and try again. I was able to batch transfer all of my files. Probably only with stopping the Back up service will do the thing.
Please, say if this works for you as well.

4-15 03:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules