4827 4 2022-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stuartie-B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95965 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, a fews month ago I got a Mavic 3, never had any issues importing footage into my editing soft ware of choice Davinci Resolve until recently. The only reason I can think of that caused the issue is I updated the Mavic firmware in November and nothing I've shot since then imports.

On the Davinci software I have at home, the the files aren't recognised at all, I tried the Davinci at my work which is the latest version and they import but as a broken link. I shoot in 5.1k D-log, codec H.264, MP4. I  note previously the codec in footage shot prior to the update was HEVC but there shouldn't be an issue with H.264. I can get the newly shot footage to play in the media palyer 'Elmedia' but not Quicktime

Has anyone had this problem before?

2022-12-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

You might be better off posting in the products section of this forum. That is way more active!
https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-12-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to record that in H265 (aka HEVC). In H264 mode the format is not very compatible and will appear almost corrupt to some software.    Sometimes you can run it through handbrake to convert it to a suitable format.
2022-12-21
Use props
Stuartie-B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95965 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-21 01:42
You need to record that in H265 (aka HEVC). In H264 mode the format is not very compatible and will appear almost corrupt to some software.    Sometimes you can run it through handbrake to convert it to a suitable format.

I ran it through Handbrake that did the trick. I'll have to look at the settings on the Mavic, I definitely didn't touch anything to do with the codec so i assume the update must have changed something. Thanks for the help.
2022-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stuartie-B Posted at 12-21 11:01
I ran it through Handbrake that did the trick. I'll have to look at the settings on the Mavic, I definitely didn't touch anything to do with the codec so i assume the update must have changed something. Thanks for the help.

Firmware updates usually reset settings.  But I’d be surprised if it set h264 10bit as the default as very little can deal with it.
2022-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules