2724 33 2015-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gr8pics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Im tempted to file a report on Dji for false marketing.
They have promised features like waypoints and follow me for a long time now, and still nothing.
They steal the ideas from competitors not even having it, and claim it as a feature.
Now they do it again with their downgraded model Standard 3.
In Norway, such methods are prohibited by law, as it misleads the customers to believe they get more for their money than they actually do.
for theirmoneyj.
I understand Dji have grown large and untouchable, at least thats how they see themselves...
2015-8-15
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Waypoints POI, etc. are advertised as upcoming.  

They are still upcoming.  There was no deadline specified.
Dji had these on previous Phantom versions. Likely before others did. Not sure who stole what from who.

The Phanton standard literature says right on the web page that these features are not yet available.

Did you buy a Phantom? If you did, you should have read the specs.
If you didn't, dont until it has what you want.
Either that or buy something else.
You cant complain if you dont actually own a Phantom.
2015-8-15
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1130577 ft
Sweden

Dear Norwegian friend!
Do not worry, can't tell you more
2015-8-16
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

I did not receive those message in Australia. In fact, I saw that as DJI's downfall.., as MOST of my friends are buying other drones like Lilly and the 3DS for that very reason.., and nothing else.

I'm sorry to hear about the misleading advertising. Is it possible to provide a link to these ads, as I am also offended by untrustworthy businesses. I'm hoping it was just a local distributor, and not DJI themselves.

There are other apps being mentioned that have similar options you speak of.., but I cannot vouch for their reliability, as I've not tried them myself.

Here's a link to one.
http://autoflightlogic.com.
2015-8-16
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

In my opinion almost everything is as it should. My P3p i exactly what it have been advertised, and at some point it is even better.
They are advertising some features as upcoming from a few days, and it is OK - they are upcoming and they be when they be.

Cars have a four wheels as quads have four props and have features like rth, orbit, follow. This is nothing unique what you can said they 'steal'. In this logic every car company steal idea about four wheels from a designer of first car... nonsense at all

DJI sucks is quality of shell (p3 have cracks) and a quality of Android App. Nothing else, Phantoms are still very good product.
2015-8-16
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Long time?
2015-8-16
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They (DJI) always said with the P3 it was 6 months from launch for POI and the like.. This is still on target. As for copying other companies??? The P2 had ground station way before 3DR SOLO was an itch in Chris Anderson head.

The Standard is an upgrade of the P2 vision.. It was probably in the making the same time as the P3 Pro/Adv just released later as most companies do with lower spec products ( Apple and the C iPhone ).

The features you want ARE coming. The P3 already blows the Solo even without the features and when you get your hands on it WITH the features you will forget you ever posted this thread, believe me... Enjoy the P3, go out flying, Norway has some amazing scenery, go capture it..
2015-8-16
Use props
robb getts
lvl.1

United States

file it they wont show up and you will win by dfault they need stoped im pissed they sold the p3adv with promises that's all.i hope they go bankrupt and the guy that started it in the us takes over
2015-8-16
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.3

United States

I am afraid I must agree with sploodge and Kyokushin above; I have 3 other multicopters, all with DJI flight controls, and can tell you I am quite certain that DJI invented (not robbed) these cool features long ago...guessing 2010/2011 timeframe.

Now, are they guilty of being vague? Yep. I do not like wishy-washy promises either, BUT (in my experience) DJI has not failed to come through on any promise over the years - eventually.  Truth is, I think there may be no Chinese translation for words like "soon."  I know they have trouble with words like "Required" - as in update required - when they should say "Recommended." In my world, required means mandatory.

Anyway, good luck to us all not having to wait much longer.  And please don't sue DJI yet.

2015-8-16
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Amazed at the mindless toddlers. Bunch of crying babies.
2015-8-16
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

You know what ONE thing I would change about the Phantom if possible?
MADE IN THE USA.....BY AMERICANS !
2015-8-16
Use props
CloudCityDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177106 ft
  • >>>
United States

The new features such as follow me, way points, point of interests...etc are listed on DJI's website as coming soon. Unfortunately there is no release dates for these products.

Hope this helps!

www.cloudcitydrones.com
2015-8-16
Use props
flexfanatic
New

United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2015-8-17 01:21

Why... Does it make the hardware better being made by America's?

When you say American's, do Canadian's, Mexican's and Uruguayan's fit that mold or do you really mean you'd like to see it made by United States citizens?
2015-8-16
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

That day has been gone for a while, you need to change a nation's attitude.
2015-8-16
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

If you think its false advertising or marketing or whatever you think it is, then go ahead no one is stopping you, what i think if these features come out DJI will be loosing the whole market because it will attract un-skilled pilots to do things that they can't control in case the phantom starts getting weird on them or an unforeseen obstacle gets in the the way of the automated move they ordered.

In my personal opinion i wish these features never come out as there is a huge amount of irresponsible people out there that will think its a fly and forget device.
2015-8-16
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.3

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-17 01:56
If you think its false advertising or marketing or whatever you think it is, then go ahead no one is ...

Wow! EXCELLENT POINT, Willie Wonka! A Profound truth, even.

The neighbor's kids cannot do a math equation on paper - only with a calculator or a computer can they get by. Sad. I guess the analogy is an aircraft that virtually flies itself, while a given pilot knows zilch (nor cares) about how or why this happens. The numbers of low-info fliers will be staggering.

It is scary, too, how much we ALL rely on electronics in general, I hope there are no weak links allowing a total failue, and subsequent demise of the species...but I digress.
2015-8-16
Use props
gr8pics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I think  many of you miss my actual point here...

By saying "coming" you "steal" potential customers from other competitors that currently have such features implemented, and that is cowardly business.
I know it has no date for this, and that is also my point, then Dji, or other companies, can just post a press release everytime another inventive company comes out with something new, and say "new feature coming soon" and that could be years from now, cause there are no specific dates, in fact everyone can say the same, and what does that leaves us with? Confusion, what to buy, and when, we all want what gives best value for money, dont we?
And how can we get that, if they market stuff that actually has no time frame, just that its "coming"
I bet my ass that one of future models can fly to the moon as well, in 20 years or so...

Bottom line, you dont advertise upcoming features that arent within near reasonable future, and to me, in this business, is before they release yet another new model, and advertise yet again the same feature "coming"

Get it now? ;)
2015-8-18
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

What about Made in the USA by illagle immigrants...
2015-8-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Made in America, by Mexican illegal aliens.
Señor, Hasta la vista baby...

I am flying me a great quad. The DJI Phantom 3 Pro'. It's my very first DJI product.
It never had any problematic flight patterns or cracks in the body around any of the screw holes.
I fly the crap out of this thing. And it has never wavered. So I feel, it's too bad others,
have not had the same opportunity to experience this model, as the greater number of us have, the Phantom 3 pilots.
The percent of problematic Phantoms is obviously way lower than the actual number of Phantoms sold world wide.
Either that, or the numbers are different, and most people who may have problems don't visit communities on the web and complain publicly.
But I wish to believe otherwise, and am confident, those with app and firmware issues can be fixed by eventual updates, same with those missing features,
I don't think that Point of Interest, Follow Me or Groundstation Way Points are feature richer or that they will interest me all that much. I certainly didn't buy this Phantom 3 Pro'with expectations of features,
other than an awesome flying quad with a very current high standard camera technology, for its intended purpose..
I got much more than I paid for already, just by having Lightbridge onboard. ;-)
I think the only real delay in offering these three missing other features, is they @DJI desire to get it right. Not glitchy or unfinished.

Hold your breath, it will be soon now.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

gr8pics Posted at 2015-8-18 16:51
I think  many of you miss my actual point here...

By saying "coming" you "steal" potential customer ...

absolutely not stealing anything, it is coming!!! as an informed consumer you either wait or purchase from the competitors, who by the way have all their own issues right now, trying to solve GPS errors and the usual stuff.
they said 6 months from launch date, well six months is not up yet!!!
i really dont understand why there are masses annoyed by not having these 2 features before the promised date???
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-8-19 02:39
What about Made in the USA by illagle immigrants...

i am pretty sure what he hopefully means is that if made in the USA then we would have quicker services like repairs, parts, sales, technical help and customer service. regardless of what nationality is involved. unless he means the true americans, the native american indians.
2015-8-18
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't get it.
Could you list out all the competitors that have these so-called "features"?

DJI had autonomous features for many years. Surely you know the P2V+ had waypoints and some 3rd party apps with others?

The only reason you don't see them for the P3 yet is that they are getting all the SDK and Firmware a bit more mature and doing extensive testing.

Please enlighten us as to these companies that DJI is stealing from? It's fairly well known that DJI created the modern RTF camera/quad consumer market (with the P1) and have been well ahead of all competitors since. Either that is true - or all of us consumers are idiots because 80% plus of us buy DJI when we need a flying tripod.
2015-8-18
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

I have enough to learn as it is…..not in a hurry as I'm not proficient with it's capabilities it has now.
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-8-19 10:07
I don't get it.
Could you list out all the competitors that have these so-called "features"?

he is talking about the solo with all the features, the smartest uav out there, bla blah blah, that are absolutely useless since the main core of what the features are dependent on, namely the GPS, it doesnt work!!!
here is the review:
http://www.droneflyers.com/2015/08/3dr-solo-is-a-nogo-for-now/
2015-8-18
Use props
deanO Aussie
lvl.2
New Zealand

I love my P3P.  It is a fantastic machine and I love what it can do and the fun of flying it.  If/when we get all these add ons it will make a great machine supremely better.  Just sit back, chill out and wait for the brainy guys and girls to sort out the software.  It will come when it comes.  I agree fully with RedHotPoker, go out and enjoy what you have.
2015-8-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
China

It is not false marketing to say a feature will be available in the future.  We are testing it now.  It will be released shortly.  I am sorry that we have not met your expectations but if it was that important to you to have it now, then you should not have purchased the Phantom based on a feature that was not currently available.  
2015-8-25
Use props
axidify
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

well the solo had no gimbal for how many months since launch? does that count as false marketing?
2015-8-25
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

We experienced the same impatient grumbling before Ground Station was delivered for the Phantom 2 Vision Plus.  When it finally released, people played with it for 3 days and then it went into the dustbin of "cool but not life-changing".

As you wait and wonder and whine about the delay, consider that you don't really want them to release it before it's ready.   There may also be legal / ethical issues to resolve, tablet limitation, firmware delivery, etc.  It's never as simple as download-update-takeoff.

DJI engineers have to create this software with special care.  These devices go into the hands of experienced pilots and knuckleheads all at the same time.  There's a huge difference in updating the firmware in a $200 camera and updating the firmware in a 1200-dollar machine.  That files.  Over people.  With blades.
2015-8-25
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

I got into drones in December/2014. I spent December to April working on a DIY 250 racing quad. By April, I had GPS and everything working. What a pain to keep that thing stable.

In may, I got the P3P. It is not perfect but it is steady, has HD live video, great telemetry and a bunch of other things. I dropped the DIY and do understand the difficulties of this technology and I do appreciate what DJI does... minus the video lags and apps crashing.

Regarding the competition, I'm yet to see anything close to it in the same price range.

The closest competition is Solo-vibration but so far, did n't pass the hype.
2015-8-25
Use props
sgeprods
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57841 ft
  • >>>
Australia

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-19 05:14
i am pretty sure what he hopefully means is that if made in the USA then we would have quicker ser ...

If only.... Before DJI I invested in Hoverfly flight controllers & GPS boards.  Anyone  who went down that road with that  U.S. Company  will know  what it's like to be shafted. Still I did learn a lot,  My Phantom 1.1.1  restored my faith in multi rotor technology & I'm OK with how ever long it takes them to provide those other features for my P3P. What's the hurry anyway.
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-25 18:14
It is not false marketing to say a feature will be available in the future.  We are testing it now.  ...

Basically what all you guys want is to purchase a phantom3 with UPCOMING features and then not to fly it yourselves but program it and then sit back and watch it?
How about this: u guys give me $1259 and I will come and fly the p3 for you altogether, you don't even have to take it out the bag!!
2015-8-25
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

I do see the use of these features but do prefer flying the bird... i enjoy flying it and with the complaints of fly aways and incompetence i can just imagine how many crashes DJI will be blamed for when these features are available.
Auto mode in everything is fun but never ideal. Take a simple feature like "P" mode on camera, what good photographer doesn't shoot in manual. To set way points and just stand there seems boring to me. I like to look at the map, set waypoints and fly myself. I can only imagine that the footage will be more jerky or subpar compared to a footage shot manual flying.
And for mistakes look at crashed done just because people can't figure out RTH and altitude.
I think these automated features will cause more crashes, more headlines and more problems personally. Just my two cents.
2015-8-25
Use props
astrostar
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-25 23:22
Basically what all you guys want is to purchase a phantom3 with UPCOMING features and then not to  ...

I'm first in the queue
2015-8-25
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

<Insert ROFLCOPTER Image here>
2015-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules