Missing Screwdriver and lack of support from DJI
3530 15 2022-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rex Maximilian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27264 ft
United States

I received my DJI Avata (as well as my FPV Controller 2) in the past couple of weeks. However, the screwdriver to adjust the sticks on the controller to fly in manual mode was missing from the box. I checked very, very dilligently. It was not there. Upon reporting this issue to DJI Support, someone followed up (Nicole) asking for an unrealistic amount of photos and listsing of items, as well as the outer box of the shipping package, all waybills and lists, etc. Of course the outer box and ancillary shipping papers were disposed of, but I find it unacceptable to have to go through a process that will take me at least an hour just so they can send me a missing piece of metal that would most likely sell for $1 in a hardware store (and I could buy if I knew the specs). After explaining that I do not have the time to go through this process, especially with a hectic holiday schedule both personally and professionally, I have not had a response to the last three emails to them. Has anyone else experienced this poor service from their product fullfillment department?

DJI, PLEASE SEND ME MY MISSING SCREWDRIVER

Thank you.

2022-12-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

The allan key to change the stick tention is not supplied with the remote....
my remote also came with NOTHING in the box, only the remote. No cable, no allan-key, no nothing.

This seems to be normal......

i ordered from DJI directly and box was sealed.

I have not tested, but i think the allan key that comes with the avata, fits the screws of the remote?!
2022-12-22
Use props
Rex Maximilian
lvl.2
United States

Correct, it's not included with the Controller. However, it is supposed to be included with, and is shown as an item on the box of, the Avata.
2022-12-22
Use props
Rex Maximilian
lvl.2
United States

BadBert Posted at 12-22 02:12
The allan key to change the stick tention is not supplied with the remote....
my remote also came with NOTHING in the box, only the remote. No cable, no allan-key, no nothing.

Oh, and yes, the screwdriver that is supposed to be the Avata box fits the controller.
2022-12-22
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes the alan key came with Avata fits the controller.
In case you want to buy one then H1.5 alan key is the one you should buy.

Enjoy your flying
2022-12-22
Use props
Rex Maximilian
lvl.2
United States

hungdang Posted at 12-22 02:45
In case you want to buy one then H1.5 alan key is the one you should buy.

Thank you for the specs on the Allen wrench!
2022-12-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

Rex Maximilian Posted at 12-22 02:14
Correct, it's not included with the Controller. However, it is supposed to be included with, and is shown as an item on the box of, the Avata.

ah, yes.
The allan key was in the bag with spare props with my avata btw!!!
2022-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will check this problem asap.
2022-12-22
Use props
Rex Maximilian
lvl.2
United States

BadBert Posted at 12-22 04:11
ah, yes.

Thank you, thank you! I would have never thought to check a semi-opaque bag that had propellors for the Allen key. But there it was!

Of the multiple people I chatted with via chat support, phone and email, one of them over the past two week should have mentioned this, LOL! I'm thinking they didn't know it was packaged with the propellors either.

In the end, it's on me for not thinking to look there too.
2022-12-22
Use props
Rex Maximilian
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-22 04:53
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will check this problem asap.

Thank you. I did receive a response this morning after your reply here. Thanks for having them get back to me. You may see below that another forum member told me where to look. Perhaps product/sales support should have this written down on a cheat sheet should anyone else make the same gaffe that I did.

2022-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Rex Maximilian Posted at 12-22 14:41
Thank you. I did receive a response this morning after your reply here. Thanks for having them get back to me. You may see below that another forum member told me where to look. Perhaps product/sales support should have this written down on a cheat sheet should anyone else make the same gaffe that I did.

Thanks for your update, we will also forward your feedback to the relevant team asap and will see how we can do better.
If there is anything else that we can do, please feel free to let us know.
2022-12-22
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

Mine did not come with the wrench either nor did it come with cables. I bought it new from the DJI website so I thought they sent me a used one but I guess not. I can tell you that the wrench that comes with the Avata does fit the screws for the controller though.
2022-12-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

Rex Maximilian Posted at 12-22 14:41
Thank you. I did receive a response this morning after your reply here. Thanks for having them get back to me. You may see below that another forum member told me where to look. Perhaps product/sales support should have this written down on a cheat sheet should anyone else make the same gaffe that I did.

You're welcome
i also was looking for the wrench when i got my avata, .... untill my son pointed out to me that it was in that bag (not the first place to look for this...)
2022-12-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

FPVTrendz Posted at 12-22 18:32
Mine did not come with the wrench either nor did it come with cables. I bought it new from the DJI website so I thought they sent me a used one but I guess not. I can tell you that the wrench that comes with the Avata does fit the screws for the controller though.

i thought the exact same thing....

in my opinion: DJI should have shipped the controller INCLUDING the wrench (it is for the controller!!!) and a charging cable...
2022-12-22
Use props
Respawn33
lvl.1

Portugal

hungdang Posted at 2022-12-22 02:45
In case you want to buy one then H1.5 alan key is the one you should buy.

Hi I got a dji FPV recently and I'm missing the allen key to release the spring tension on the controller do you know what key i need to fix the controller
2023-7-16
Use props
Weisenheimer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210308 ft
United States

BadBert Posted at 2022-12-22 04:11
ah, yes.

THANK YOU!

I would never have found it because I would have first had to wear out or break my propeller before opening that small packet.  
2023-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules