FPV goggles V2 activation problems
1550 5 2022-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kierant
lvl.1

Canada

Hey everyone,
I've received the DJI avata and FPV V2 goggles set, but have not been able to connect the drone, controller, or FPV goggles yet after many hours of trying various solutions. The DJI fly app has not recognized the goggles (using the OTG adapter + a variety of different ligthing cables), which show the following message in their display:

- DJI FPV Goggles -

Above devices not activated. Connect to DJI Assistant 2 (FPV Series) for a full product use experience.

Press any button to exit.

So, I installed the correct version of Assistant 2 and attempted to connect the goggles (powered on, still displaying the above message) via a USB-C cable directly to the USB port of my Windows 10 PC. Assistant 2 displayed an icon suggesting I connect a USB cable, but after several minutes, did nothing. I tried various fixes including disabling signed drivers on windows, and manually setting the driver for the device to DJI's drivers (which I couldn't do as the goggles never even show up as a device in windows device manager or file explorer), but to no avail. As a result, I have not yet managed to get any sort of user ezperience at all aside from some beeps and chirps from the Avata.

I have ruled out the cable itself as a problem, as it works to connect the drone to Assistant 2 (consumer drone edition). So something about the FPV goggles V2 is wrong, but I have been useless so far in figuring out what that may be.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or is there a fix to this issue with the goggles? Thanks to anyone that may have some feedback.

2022-12-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, kierant. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for the detailed explanation of your concern. Please use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) instead to activate the FPV Goggles V2. You may download it from this link: ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata ). Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-26
Use props
kierant
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, thank you for getting back to me! I tried plugging in the goggles with the consumer drone edition software, but it still didn't recognize that anything was connected. My PC doesn't seem to recognize that they are connected either, so it could be something to do with the cable, USB-C port or goggles themselves. Should I be using an adapter of some sort instead of the straight USB-C cable?
2022-12-26
Use props
sleepeatxrp
New

United States

I have just recently purchased a DJI FPV and I've tried on a Galaxy Fold 4, a Galaxy s10+, an iphone 13, windows DJI FPV assistant 2 & DJI consumer drone series to get this thing activated. All to no avail. Support has been far from helpful. Five minutes into the call the support agent referred me to YouTube for videos on how to fix my issue. I consulted the tube well before contacting DJI support..... I wish this was an issue thats been fixed by now. It seems as though its been around for a year or so now.
2022-12-26
Use props
sleepeatxrp
New

United States

They are telling me that my device is already activated. This is my first DJI product other than owning a Naza years ago. At the bottom right hand screen on the goggles it says "country code not activated" and "device not activated."

2022-12-26
Use props
speedstud
lvl.1

United States

I have been having the same issues mentioned in the original post and Dji support has been pretty much no help at all. Got the goggles for Christmas and they have been nothing but a headache ever since.
2022-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules