Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Newbiw & FPV
1449 15 2015-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buzz In VA
New

United States

Sorry, but I'm unclear about FPV and haven't tried it yet.  I see comments about goggles, HDMI, etc.  Is this just a feature allowing the camera to always be at zero degrees azimuth to the P3(12 o'clock) and still have up/down capability?   and IF so, will the FORWARD position of the Throttle lever always move the P3 at 12 o'clock.  I'm sure you've all been through this issue of having the P# in non-FPV, having it rotated 90-180 degrees, then flying it the wrong direction with a Forward lever push.  As a newbie I'm still struggling with using visual ref vs. watching the screen ---- and I'm only 300 yds away in a clear field at this point.  Need many more hours to feel comfortable on the screen before letting it out of sight.

2015-8-16
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

The hdmi module is available to buy as an addon for your RC.Once connected you can plug in via the hdmi a set of goggles ect.Unfortunately there is no head-tracking module so you control the camera as normal on the RC.The advantage of having goggles is no sun glare and the ability to see much greater detail while flying.
2015-8-16
Use props
Skygod14
lvl.2

United Kingdom

bastell Posted at 2015-8-17 09:23
The hdmi module is available to buy as an addon for your RC.Once connected you can plug in via the h ...

but a massive disadvantage being that you lose environmental and situational awareness...
2015-8-17
Use props
spheasant1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skygod14 Posted at 2015-8-17 23:26
but a massive disadvantage being that you lose environmental and situational awareness...

Expanding on this....does a set of FPV goggles exist that DOES allow you to 'look past' the goggle viewers and see your environment for quick checks or do all goggles require you to remove them to see your environment?
2015-8-17
Use props
Skygod14
lvl.2

United Kingdom

spheasant1 Posted at 2015-8-18 00:05
Expanding on this....does a set of FPV goggles exist that DOES allow you to 'look past' the goggle ...

I have not found any goggles that do this, they all seem to be the VR styled headset... for certain things I think they are great: i.e. in a controlled environment such as a UAS race environment, but you wouldn't race a P3...
2015-8-17
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.3

United States

Here you go:
Look up,  "Epson Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses for Aerial Photography."

Just what you need, but expensive. You could take that idea and try to fabricate something on your own - if you are really handy.

In addition, I have actually tried a set (was sunglasses size - was not fatshark, but do not remember brand) which the owner had bonded to ski goggles which of course had larger lenses to look over and under the fpv; the screens could be adjusted to best focus for awesome view. You may have to be creative this way.

This is similar to what I tried, but I am sure the owner's were DIY...

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 2.19.15 PM.png
2015-8-17
Use props
Buzz In VA
New

United States

Skygod14 Posted at 2015-8-17 23:26

I'm sorry, I'm not grasping the magnitude of the difference in the default setting of Follow-Me vs. what FPV is.  The manual seems top say FPV just locks the camera straight ahead or at some fixed-point relative to the P3 frame.  What's the real difference?  Does it affect ability to rotate the bird or what?  
2015-8-17
Use props
Buzz In VA
New

United States

Buzz In VA Posted at 2015-8-18 03:09
I'm sorry, I'm not grasping the magnitude of the difference in the default setting of Follow-Me vs ...

Just found this link -- EXCELLENT overview of the Controller / Camera Screen

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/sea ... a&hsimp=yhs-001
2015-8-17
Use props
Skygod14
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Buzz In VA Posted at 2015-8-18 03:09
I'm sorry, I'm not grasping the magnitude of the difference in the default setting of Follow-Me vs ...

if your flying and you cant see around you then you do not have situational awareness. what I'm saying is that I don't think FPV goggles are very good unless used solely for racing.
2015-8-18
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Skygod14 Posted at 2015-8-18 19:37
if your flying and you cant see around you then you do not have situational awareness. what I'm sa ...

In your opinion ;)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DJI-P ... ksid=p2047675.l2557
2015-8-18
Use props
Skygod14
lvl.2

United Kingdom

bastell Posted at 2015-8-18 19:53
In your opinion ;)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DJI-Phantom-3-Professional-Advanced-Pro-FPV-Video-Gla ...

unfortunately, I disagree with these goggles purely from a safety aspect. regardless of how much space you have above or below the goggles - you will not have situational awareness. if you are in a controlled environment and you can guarantee that there will be no airspace infringements then yes I see them working.

but for general flying, where you are not in control of environmental factors, are subject to airspace infringements or will be flying close to buildings/trees/people/ animals then I disagree that you should fly in that way. the screen/FPV should be a secondary and your primary should be keeping a visual on the aircraft and the immediate surrounding.

I am a commercial UAS pilot in the UK, these are the factors that we have to account for with any flight - its still fun flying but safety has to be priority...
2015-8-18
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Skygod14 Posted at 2015-8-19 03:51
unfortunately, I disagree with these goggles purely from a safety aspect. regardless of how much s ...

Obviously there not for you, I think you should stay home and rap your self up with tissues and put a tinfoil hat on your head to stop the raido waves from messing with your brain.
2015-8-18
Use props
Skygod14
lvl.2

United Kingdom

bastell Posted at 2015-8-19 09:55
Obviously there not for you, I think you should stay home and rap your self up with tissues and pu ...

HA! yes of course, that is exactly what I should do - or you could actually understand something about flight safety, air law and learn to operate your vehicle properly... with your charming approach, you can only be Australian!
2015-8-19
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Skygod14 Posted at 2015-8-19 16:16
HA! yes of course, that is exactly what I should do - or you could actually understand something a ...

Or you could stick to flight sim's oh wait you might get rsi.And omg you used the word "charming" lol ok now I no who Im dealing with oh its's people like you that make arbitray descisions on issues without actully having the experience. You cant for one moment think that flying in an open field away from people and flight paths while maintaing a safe altitude could ever be safe.Ahh thank god for Australia ;)
2015-8-19
Use props
Skygod14
lvl.2

United Kingdom

bastell Posted at 2015-8-19 21:33
Or you could stick to flight sim's oh wait you might get rsi.And omg you used the word "charming" l ...

o this is brilliant, what you illiterate convict ancestry has not picked up on is the sarcasm that instilled in my previous message, I am British, we speak the queens english, you are Australian you speak prison slang you thick twat! now go away and carry on being a hobbyist
2015-8-19
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Skygod14 Posted at 2015-8-20 02:33
o this is brilliant, what you illiterate convict ancestry has not picked up on is the sarcasm that ...

lol I'm actually British, and you bring out the old convict crapp and insult Australians you probably have never left Essex.Get some education you toilet drinker and btw "o" is spelt Oh
2015-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules