flight problem on dji mavic pro
1205 13 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skinnernsk
lvl.2

Russia

Hi all. I have been the owner of Dji Mavic Pro for a very long time, but I used it very rarely and for amateur purposes. Now I began to use it more often and found that my drone has a problem. It slides sideways when I'm flying forward, slides sideways when I let go of the controls and it should stop and can turn slowly when hovering in place. I calibrated the sensors, the remote and the compass, demagnetized the compass, updated the official firmware, but the problem remains. I found a lot of old threads on this forum where people had similar problems, but none with a solution to the problem.

Please tell me, for all this time, has anyone been able to solve this problem?
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know did you record a video? If convenient, would you please send it to us?
2022-12-30
Use props
skinnernsk
lvl.2

Russia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-30 03:20
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know did you record a video? If convenient, would you please send it to us?

the first video - you can see from the very beginning how the drone with the "forward" stick pressed begins to slide to the right on its own, almost crashing into the car. Noticing this, I released the "forward" stick and the drone stopped moving straight but continued to slide to the right. I quickly pressed the stick "to the left" so as not to crash into the car. Then I continued to move with the "forward" stick and the drone again began to slide to the right, and in order not to crash into a snowdrift, I began to correct the flight with the "left" stick. As soon as I released the "left" stick and left only "forward" pressed, the drone glided to the right again. I turned 180 degrees and flew back. The drone began to slide to the left on its own, and it had to be corrected again. Just in case, if someone is confused by the wiring on the poles, I am attaching the second video, recorded a few days before the first video in the forest, where there is nothing but trees. The drone behaves exactly the same - when the "forward" stick is pressed, it slides to the right and in order not to crash into a tree, I had to use the "left" stick. If you need original videos, I can upload them to any place you suggest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV2WagKtYvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TMJSJwxoto

2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

skinnernsk Posted at 12-30 09:54
the first video - you can see from the very beginning how the drone with the "forward" stick pressed begins to slide to the right on its own, almost crashing into the car. Noticing this, I released the "forward" stick and the drone stopped moving straight but continued to slide to the right. I quickly pressed the stick "to the left" so as not to crash into the car. Then I continued to move with the "forward" stick and the drone again began to slide to the right, and in order not to crash into a snowdrift, I began to correct the flight with the "left" stick. As soon as I released the "left" stick and left only "forward" pressed, the drone glided to the right again. I turned 180 degrees and flew back. The drone began to slide to the left on its own, and it had to be corrected again. Just in case, if someone is confused by the wiring on the poles, I am attaching the second video, recorded a few days before the first video in the forest, where there is nothing but trees. The drone behaves exactly the same - when the "forward" stick is pressed, it slides to the right and in order not to crash into a tree, I had to use the "left" stick. If you need original videos, I can upload them to any place you suggest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV2WagKtYvA

Thanks for your reply. May we know did you change your propellers?
2022-12-30
Use props
skinnernsk
lvl.2

Russia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-30 20:02
Thanks for your reply. May we know did you change your propellers?

The drone has factory original propellers and is in perfect condition. The drone has never been involved in collisions and accidents. The number of drone flights does not exceed 50-60 times.
2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

skinnernsk Posted at 12-30 20:31
The drone has factory original propellers and is in perfect condition. The drone has never been involved in collisions and accidents. The number of drone flights does not exceed 50-60 times.

First, you may change to a place with less snow coverage and a clear pattern for the vision system. Then, please check whether it would fly to the left even hovering. Also, please change a pair of propellers to have a try. Last, enter the calibration process of the joystick, do not input any strength, and see whether the joystick input is normal.
2022-12-30
Use props
skinnernsk
lvl.2

Russia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-12-30 23:56
First, you may change to a place with less snow coverage and a clear pattern for the vision system. Then, please check whether it would fly to the left even hovering. Also, please change a pair of propellers to have a try. Last, enter the calibration process of the joystick, do not input any strength, and see whether the joystick input is normal.

This problem was noticed back in the summer, when there was a coating of various colors under the drone - asphalt, earth, etc. He also spontaneously deviated from the direct course to the side and at the end of the movement, when I released all the sticks, he could slide sideways. In the meantime, when it initially just hangs in place, there is no spontaneous sideways movement. As I wrote at the very beginning - trying to solve this problem, I calibrated all the sensors, including the joystick. All values are excellent.
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

skinnernsk Posted at 1-4 04:38
This problem was noticed back in the summer, when there was a coating of various colors under the drone - asphalt, earth, etc. He also spontaneously deviated from the direct course to the side and at the end of the movement, when I released all the sticks, he could slide sideways. In the meantime, when it initially just hangs in place, there is no spontaneous sideways movement. As I wrote at the very beginning - trying to solve this problem, I calibrated all the sensors, including the joystick. All values are excellent.

Sorry for the late response. Our engineers suggest that if your joysticks do not have abnormal input for YAW and ROLL even without any movement or if the ROLL does not have abnormal values when pushing forward and backward, you may try to calibrate joysticks. If the issue persists, please send it back to our service center for further diagnosis.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2023-1-7
Use props
skinnernsk
lvl.2

Russia

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-7 23:09
Sorry for the late response. Our engineers suggest that if your joysticks do not have abnormal input for YAW and ROLL even without any movement or if the ROLL does not have abnormal values when pushing forward and backward, you may try to calibrate joysticks. If the issue persists, please send it back to our service center for further diagnosis.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer

The joystick is calibrated and the sticks transmit the signal exactly. I have not kept any documents for the drone, the warranty period, of course, has ended. And also I absolutely do not understand where I should send the drone and how much the repair can cost me. I live far away in Siberia.
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

skinnernsk Posted at 1-8 08:39
The joystick is calibrated and the sticks transmit the signal exactly. I have not kept any documents for the drone, the warranty period, of course, has ended. And also I absolutely do not understand where I should send the drone and how much the repair can cost me. I live far away in Siberia.

We are sorry to know about this. We are sorry to tell you that DJI temporarily suspends all business activities in Russia. https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -compliance-efforts Thanks for your understanding.
2023-1-9
Use props
skinnernsk
lvl.2

Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-9 00:04
We are sorry to know about this. We are sorry to tell you that DJI temporarily suspends all business activities in Russia. https://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-statement-on-sales-compliance-efforts Thanks for your understanding.

I came to this forum with no hope that someone here would fix my drone. Judging by the information from the network, a large number of users encountered such a problem on this drone model, and I assumed that such a large and serious organization as DJI had accumulated experience and they would simply give me advice on what to do in this case - this is a typical malfunction, for which it is more likely just answer some software or a specific drone module. Maybe replacing the GPS module (rear compass) will help me? Or do you want to say that if I am from Russia, then I have no rights and I am not worthy of help and advice?
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

skinnernsk Posted at 1-9 00:40
I came to this forum with no hope that someone here would fix my drone. Judging by the information from the network, a large number of users encountered such a problem on this drone model, and I assumed that such a large and serious organization as DJI had accumulated experience and they would simply give me advice on what to do in this case - this is a typical malfunction, for which it is more likely just answer some software or a specific drone module. Maybe replacing the GPS module (rear compass) will help me? Or do you want to say that if I am from Russia, then I have no rights and I am not worthy of help and advice?

Hope you understand that each case is different and we need to discuss it on a case-by-case basis. We're unable to remotely locate the cause, therefore, we cannot provide the advice you need. We appreciate your understanding a lot.
2023-1-9
Use props
skinnernsk
lvl.2

Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-9 04:12
Hope you understand that each case is different and we need to discuss it on a case-by-case basis. We're unable to remotely locate the cause, therefore, we cannot provide the advice you need. We appreciate your understanding a lot.

Dear DJI employees. I understand the situation perfectly: already a large number of users of the mavic pro of the first model faced absolutely the same symptoms of a malfunction. For several years you have been asked about the same problem. That is, the problem is massive and systemic. And you, in turn, pretend that there is no system and each case is individual. If we draw an analogy, for a particular make and model of a car, windshield wipers stop working en masse. A good firm runs a recall campaign. A bad company reports that a batch of defective wiper motors has come into production and they need to be replaced. And DJI says - you probably do not press the button to turn on the purifiers well. Or your windshield is damaged and therefore the wipers do not work. You can also check the wiring of the car, or the water in the wiper reservoir. And in general, we stopped selling cars in your country, so goodbye.
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

skinnernsk Posted at 1-9 07:26
Dear DJI employees. I understand the situation perfectly: already a large number of users of the mavic pro of the first model faced absolutely the same symptoms of a malfunction. For several years you have been asked about the same problem. That is, the problem is massive and systemic. And you, in turn, pretend that there is no system and each case is individual. If we draw an analogy, for a particular make and model of a car, windshield wipers stop working en masse. A good firm runs a recall campaign. A bad company reports that a batch of defective wiper motors has come into production and they need to be replaced. And DJI says - you probably do not press the button to turn on the purifiers well. Or your windshield is damaged and therefore the wipers do not work. You can also check the wiring of the car, or the water in the wiper reservoir. And in general, we stopped selling cars in your country, so goodbye.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We have listed all the possible troubleshooting steps for you and the result shows that your issue can not be remotely resolved. Considering your location, we are sorry to tell you that DJI temporarily suspends all business activities in Russia. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules