Stuck gimbal error (40002) DJI Mavic 2 air (something is broken)
820 6 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tim Rooijendijk
lvl.1

Netherlands

i really need some help
i’m trying to fix my drone dji mavic air 2

I bought the drone used ( they told me it workt fine )
the previous user told me that he did never take off the gimbal cover. I think that caused the problems i have right now.

i have a gimbal stuck error 40002
i can't calibrate my gimbal ( it fails at 10% )
i can’t control my camera

but when i turn on the drone the camera does move and the camera gives good image ( so u think the motor is fine ? )

I think there might be a broken cable? maybe the flex cable or signal cable? ( i’m not scared to fix it my self )
I also found a very small kink in the fex cable, can i start the drone without connecting the flex cable?
i don’t think dust or updating are the problems  

I've been searching the internet for hours
and my girlfriend is angry because I bought it used ( we both paid half )

please help me ( from the netherlands )

drone.jpeg
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry to hear that. When a “Gimbal Stuck” warning is shown in the DJI Fly app (error code 40002), the gimbal may be stuck by debris (for example, the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector was not removed.). Please check whether there are debris on the gimbal. If yes, clean off them, restart the aircraft, and calibrate the gimbal. Or please try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently in every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.
In this case, please check whether the debris is stuck in the gimbal. Please remove the debris, restart the aircraft, and then recalibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists, please go to Online Repair Request and send back the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-12-30
Use props
Tim Rooijendijk
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-30 00:12
Hello, there. Sorry to hear that. When a “Gimbal Stuck” warning is shown in the DJI Fly app (error code 40002), the gimbal may be stuck by debris (for example, the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector was not removed.). Please check whether there are debris on the gimbal. If yes, clean off them, restart the aircraft, and calibrate the gimbal. Or please try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently in every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.
In this case, please check whether the debris is stuck in the gimbal. Please remove the debris, restart the aircraft, and then recalibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists, please go to Online Repair Request and send back the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

Well first of all thanks for your replay
from the outside i can't see any debris, also the camera moves smooth when i move it myself
i can't calibrate the gimbal it failers at 10%

i don't want to send the drone a way for a repair request
2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tim Rooijendijk Posted at 12-30 00:18
Well first of all thanks for your replay
from the outside i can't see any debris, also the camera moves smooth when i move it myself
i can't calibrate the gimbal it failers at 10%

We will recommend you send it back to our service center. Our teams will help with this issue. Considering the safety, we do not recommend you fix the aircraft on your own or use unauthorized methods. Kindly understand that.
2022-12-30
Use props
TastyReuben
New
United States

Did you ever find out what the issue was without having to send it to DJI. I have the same issue and I’m guessing I’m going to get the same response. Thanks.
2023-1-4
Use props
Tim Rooijendijk
lvl.1

Netherlands

TastyReuben Posted at 1-4 11:37
Did you ever find out what the issue was without having to send it to DJI. I have the same issue and I’m guessing I’m going to get the same response. Thanks.

I've gotten into it quite a bit in the meantime. and talked to engineers

check if you can do an update.

see if sand got between the gimbal ( turn off the drone, move the gimbal then you would probably feel it )

if that is not the problem, it is either one of the 2 cables or the gimbal itself.

you cannot check the 2 cables with a multimeter( the connectors are to small), so you will have to replace them to know if they are broken +/- € 30 for both cables.

the gimbal itself cannot be repaired and will have to be replaced in its entirety, which is quite expensive and apparently not plug & plag.
a calibration with external software will then have to be done

maybe i’m gonne buy 1 of the 2 cables ( because it looks broken but i’m nog really sure ) or i’m gonne sell it with the honest story of course
2023-1-4
Use props
TastyReuben
New
United States

Tim Rooijendijk Posted at 1-4 13:18
I've gotten into it quite a bit in the meantime. and talked to engineers

check if you can do an update.

Thanks for the update.
2023-1-4
Use props
Advanced