Reducing the timelapse interval
2551 7 2015-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonathanbyrn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46637 ft
Ireland

hi, I am using my phantom for aerial surveying and  I use the timelapse function to take overlapping images. The problem is that at lower heights the 5 second interval is too long so I have to fly much slower. Is it possible to reduce the timelapse time to less than 5 seconds. Is this something that could be done using the sdk?
2015-8-16
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems most answer your question as no...  they just post process video in an editor as most allow manipulation of the video speed and do a good job.... not a problem with the large capacity cards of today.

Butch
2015-8-16
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Jonathan, there are a few third party apps that are being developed that will take control of your P3 and have it take images independent of the restrictions within the DJI Go app. The Maps Made Easy Map Pilot App is currently in Beta and should be out soon and it is targeted directly at the P3 and Inspire photogrammetry market. They also offer the service (for a fee) to stitch your images and produce an excellent product that can be viewed online and even downloaded.

Map Pilot App
2015-8-17
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-8-18 03:36
Jonathan, there are a few third party apps that are being developed that will take control of your P ...

There is no fee for small jobs of 625 megapixels worth of images or less...
2015-8-17
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

MapsMadeEasy Posted at 2015-8-18 06:08
There is no fee for small jobs of 625 megapixels worth of images or less...

Even more reason to give it a try!
2015-8-18
Use props
jonathanbyrn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46637 ft
Ireland

Thanks guys! I will try out the maps made easy app.
2015-8-24
Use props
lukasz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210230 ft
Poland

@jonathanbyrn I used to shot timelapse photos with 5 seconds intevral in RAW files, suddenly this option is gone. I can only shoot 5 sec. time lapse in JPG format. I bought new SD CARD a the problem is still here ;-)
Do you shot timelapse in RAW format and can select 5 sec option ?
2015-8-30
Use props
llbr22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253087 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, please give us 1 second RAW intervals
2016-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now