Firmware update...do I or don't I?
1080 13 2015-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.2

United States

I have had the Inpire since February and I am ashamed to admit, but I haven't had time to fly it since March! Well, it's time to make time! I have not updated anything since I got it. Should I? Am I missing out on something if I do...or don't? With reading some of the horror stories of turning the craft into a brick, do I chance that it will happen since it has never been updated and I am sure is many updates behind?  Your opinions and expertise is greatly appreciated!
2015-8-16
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

My recommendation is to update it, I have the latest and it seems pretty solid. There were bugs in the earlier versions.
2015-8-16
Use props
chris
lvl.2

United States

I flew a good bit when I got it and never once had a single issue. Didn't know if the phrase...if it ain't broke don't fix it was a good one to live by in this case. Thanks for your recommendation!
2015-8-16
Use props
River 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

190 solid flights ---- three on the new firmware.. I would "go for it" and take the 1.3 pill!
2015-8-16
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Ain't broke don't fix it, it's a crapshoot if it will work after updating. I haven't updated since Jan. lots of people have too many serious problems with the new versions.
2015-8-16
Use props
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

If you upgrade you may be one of us who have major problems, wish I didn't upgrade. My vote is: DON'T DO IT!!
2015-8-17
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

I have six flights on the new firmware. It is rock solid for me.
2015-8-17
Use props
chris
lvl.2

United States

Sure seems like a mixed bag of do's and dont's! I am thinking I should hold off until I see more people saying DO IT!!
2015-8-17
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would not at this point.  Why as for trouble.  I did not and am glad of it.
2015-8-17
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

if its flying and your happy dont do it!!!!! im on FW .06 and pilot app 1.1.2 and am very happy there is just no need for me to update....
2015-8-17
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

Haha... The title reminds me one of Yoda's famous phrases "do or do not, there's no  try"
:-D
2015-8-17
Use props
chris
lvl.2

United States

Ok...here's the next question. If the app is updated to the latest version, do you have to do the firmware update? If the answer is YES, can you download a legacy version of the app? I have two iPads with the app (one for pilot and one for camera), but my nephew decided he needed the update to Minecraft and updated all of my apps.
2015-8-18
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

About two dozen flights over the last week with 1.3.  Zero issues. Plus the new features in DJI Go 2.1 are pretty handy.

Some people have apparently had issues getting updated (bricked aircraft) so I'd say caveat emptor and be careful to follow the directions (which can be murky given the English translations)... but assuming you get your aircraft upgraded without issues 1.3 is perfectly fine.
2015-8-19
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

if you have the older app 1.1.2 - 1.0.0 ect  just go to itunes find the old ver of app unistall from ipad and install the pilot app thats what i did and good to go...
2015-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules