Issue with replacement Mini2 after repair.
855 5 2023-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi DJI,

I recently sent my Mini2 in for repair of the gimbal arm,    DJI quoted for the repair that seemed very reasonal however they sent me back a replacement unit.

The replcement has some faults and Im not sure how I should proceed.

The replacement after its been in flight for a couple of minutes stops being able to hover in a stable way,  when flying forwards or backwards iot will drop its altitude without any input from the left stick.   Also where yawing during a hover rather than the drone rotating,  it will fly in a circle.

Also Ive been promoted multiple times to do the IMU calibration which seems unusual to me.

Ive refreshed the firmware using the DJI assistant and that didnt make any improvement to my issue.

The case number was CAS-11441028-L8J8Y1 How should I proceed to get this Mini2 repaired or replaced?

thanks
DA

2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, DAFlys. Sorry to hear about this. If the aircraft is idle for a long time or is interfered with by the magnetic field nearby, the sensor may be defective, and thus the DJI Fly app will prompt error messages. We suggest that you calibrate the IMU/compass. May I ask and confirm the following?

1. Was the aircraft flying in an environment with a relatively high temperature (greater than 30℃)?
2. Had the aircraft been turned on for a long time?
3. Had the aircraft been subject to a large temperature difference? (For example, the aircraft flies from an outdoor area indoors in winter, or from an air-conditioned room to an outdoor area in summer.)
2023-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 1-2 08:14
Hi, DAFlys. Sorry to hear about this. If the aircraft is idle for a long time or is interfered with by the magnetic field nearby, the sensor may be defective, and thus the DJI Fly app will prompt error messages. We suggest that you calibrate the IMU/compass. May I ask and confirm the following?

1. Was the aircraft flying in an environment with a relatively high temperature (greater than 30℃)?

Hi,   I have re calibrated a number of times, as it prompts and cannot be flown until that happens.  But after the calibration the Mini2 is very unstable,  hovers badly and drops altitude when in motion.

No

2. Had the aircraft been turned on for a long time?
No.

3. Had the aircraft been subject to a large temperature difference? (For example, the aircraft flies from an outdoor area indoors in winter, or from an air-conditioned room to an outdoor area in summer.)
No

2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DAFlys Posted at 1-2 08:22
Hi,   I have re calibrated a number of times, as it prompts and cannot be flown until that happens.  But after the calibration the Mini2 is very unstable,  hovers badly and drops altitude when in motion.

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues. We recommend sending back the unit for a thorough diagnosis. Please contact our Product Support team in helping you create/arrange a case regarding the matter. Again, we appreciate your patience in resolving the issue.
2023-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 1-2 14:58
Sorry to hear that you're still having issues. We recommend sending back the unit for a thorough diagnosis. Please contact our Product Support team in helping you create/arrange a case regarding the matter. Again, we appreciate your patience in resolving the issue.

Thanks,  Ive dropped an email to support and am waiting to hear back.  
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DAFlys Posted at 1-3 00:55
Thanks,  Ive dropped an email to support and am waiting to hear back.

Thank you for your prompt response. We will ask the corresponding team to reply to you as soon as possible.
At the same time, please also try to check if the propellers are in good condition, and change them if necessary.
Calibrate the controller and make sure to test the drone in an open area with a decent GPS signal.
If the IMU keeps needing to be calibrated, you can also start a case directly at https://www.dji.com/support/repair
Please let us know if you have started a case, we will keep an eye on the status. Apologize again for the inconvenience.
2023-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules