Mavic 2 Controller Connection issue to phone
2291 11 2023-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

My phone no longer will connect to the controller. I'm using an iPhone 13 with most up to date DJI GO 4 app. The controller connects but the phone does not. I'm using the port on the top left of the controller with the adapter that came with the drone. I've tried other cables and have gone through the connection procedure and tried to relink it by pressing the button on the bottom of the drone and gone through the relinking process with no luck. The only thing that works is the USB connector on the bottom of the controller. So I'm wondering if the top connector just went bad? The controller charges through that port just fine though. Is there a way to test this or is there another method I can use to connect my phone through the top connector?

Thanks, any help would be great.
Brian
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I confirm you mean the remote controller cannot connect to the app or the remote controller cannot pair with the drone? Is there any error message on the app? You can try to reinstall the app to see if it helps. If possible, please test with another mobile phone(Android <--> iOS).
2023-1-2
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

Hi Mindy,

The remote controller connects to the Mavic 2 as soon as both are fully powered up. But when I connect the iPhone, it refuses to connect when connected to the Micro USB  to Lighting connector on the phone. Although when used with the standard USB connection on the bottom of the controller to the lightning connector on the phone it works. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. But I don't have an Android to test that.
2023-1-3
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

Also, this is what I see on my phone DJI Go app when I plug into the Micro USB connection on the remote controller
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bdressel Posted at 1-3 06:09
Hi Mindy,

The remote controller connects to the Mavic 2 as soon as both are fully powered up. But when I connect the iPhone, it refuses to connect when connected to the Micro USB  to Lighting connector on the phone. Although when used with the standard USB connection on the bottom of the controller to the lightning connector on the phone it works. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. But I don't have an Android to test that.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We will recommend you change a cable to connect to your phone first.
2023-1-4
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

Did you read my first post? I have tried that already with a few different cables I had, plus a new one I purchased. Unfortunately, the same issues. That's why I posted, I am not sure what else to do.
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

bdressel Posted at 1-4 06:21
Did you read my first post? I have tried that already with a few different cables I had, plus a new one I purchased. Unfortunately, the same issues. That's why I posted, I am not sure what else to do.

Hi, there. Sorry for the belated reply. Please don't worry, we will do our best to help, please check the following details and see if your problem can be resolved:
1. Please confirm whether you have a protective case covering their mobile phone. If so, remove it and try connecting again.
2. Disconnect and reconnect the Micro USB cable (from the mobile phone and the remote controller), waiting 10 seconds before reconnecting the Micro USB cable. If possible, retry with another USB cable.
3. Restart the remote controller.
4. After important data have been synchronized successfully, try to reinstall the app and restart the mobile device. Then try reconnecting.
5. Switch to a device with a different operating system (Android <--> iOS).
If your problem still exists, could you please send us a related video so that we can confirm the details with our engineer asap?
Thank you again in advance for your patience.

2023-1-5
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately none of this worked, but I can still charge the controller from the top left port and connect the phone to the bottom of the controller just fine. I can take a video if needed, but what should that video show you? Do you want a screen grab or someone to record my process?
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bdressel Posted at 1-5 08:50
Unfortunately none of this worked, but I can still charge the controller from the top left port and connect the phone to the bottom of the controller just fine. I can take a video if needed, but what should that video show you? Do you want a screen grab or someone to record my process?

Hi Brian, I am sorry for the difficulties you encountered.
As you mentioned that you can still charge the controller, which mostly means that the port is still working, therefore, I would suggest checking the connection cable first.
Please be advised that the connector for mobile device is different from the charging connector for the top left port, may I have a picture of the connectors of the other cables that you have tried when connecting the phone and controller for double confirmation?  Thank you.
2023-1-6
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

This is the connection that is problematic and doesn't work with the phone.
2023-1-9
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

This is the one that works,  if I use my regular charging cable for the phone
2023-1-9
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

Whoops, I uploaded the same one. Sorry. It's this one that works: