Goggle 2 Fogging issue SOLVED!
3352 7 2023-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse11688ed
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi All I thought i would do another thread just to have a solved thread, If like me you fly in cold or Humid climates the Goggles 2 fog up (well done DJI for overlooking this) However today i found a solution! its the Zeiss AntiFOG kit. Can be purchased Here (UK) you spray a small amount onto the glass optic and then wipe it dry with the supplied cloth. I kept my goggles in my garage over night to test these (nice and cold goggles) put them on and instantly fogged.
so i took them off left them for an hour and then applied this spray, wiped it off and tried again ZERO fogging. I have then worn them for a while to see what happens and eventually you get little tiny water droplets form on the glass but you cannot see these while you are flying, you can only see the droplets once you take the goggles off and reflect a light source onto the glass. you can either leave them and they will dry or wipe them off with the cloth. I am extremely dissapointed at DJI's poor product design on this but also very happy i have found a solution. I have no idea how long this lasts people using it for telescopes say weeks and people using it on smart doorbells say a good week even if it rains. Personally if i have to do it the day before i go flying that is fine.

Previously I have had to land as i could no longer see a thing due to the fogging but this product has totally solved the issue. Based on doing it once a day every day i fly this pack will still last me a good year or two.

The only downside is the spray tends to go all over the place so i am going to design and 3D print a stencil that you put into the goggles first spray and remove the stencil. I will share the thingaverse link on this post once i have done that.

A shame I have had to find a solution to a problem that should not exist but it means I can now enjoy my goggles 2.

Hope this helps someone.
2023-1-3
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Good to know. Bookmarked this post in case I ever have the problem...
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fanse11688ed. Thank you for sharing this. In addition, you may also place the goggles in an indoor setting at room temperature and wait until the fog disappears. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-3
Use props
fans632df037
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69111 ft
United States

Divers anti fog gel works great as well
2023-1-5
Use props
fanse11688ed
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-3 21:35
Hi, fanse11688ed. Thank you for sharing this. In addition, you may also place the goggles in an indoor setting at room temperature and wait until the fog disappears. Thank you for your support.

As much as that works its not much good when you are out flying.
2023-1-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fanse11688ed Posted at 1-6 03:09
As much as that works its not much good when you are out flying.

Hi, fanse11688ed. I see. Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope that other pilots can use you're suggestion if they're having the same concern. Have a safe flight always!
2023-1-9
Use props
fans1d47367c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2540827 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah I have the same issue.

Every time I fly, after a few minutes the goggles are so fogged up that I literally am flying blind. It’s so annoying. I’ve flown with the V2s for ages and they’re always perfect.
I spent £730 plus on these goggles, and they’re basically unusable. I’ve only flown about 4 times using them, but it’s gone over the 2 weeks returns date so I can’t return them now.

I’ve literally spent so much money on these goggles 2 and I regret it so much. I will have to sell them and buy some another pair of V2s but I’m guna loose a lot of money on it selling the 2s as they’ll be technically second hand, but I’ve not even used them for an hour all together.
I have loads of different Dji products and I’ve never had a problem and literally love their products, but how much money I spent on these goggles for them to be unusable is so disappointing.
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans1d47367c Posted at 2-19 03:29
Yeah I have the same issue.

Every time I fly, after a few minutes the goggles are so fogged up that I literally am flying blind. It’s so annoying. I’ve flown with the V2s for ages and they’re always perfect.

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We replied to you here, please take a look. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2985232
2023-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules