Gimbal tilt functioning but not functioning....
832 3 2023-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans85b84e70
lvl.1
Australia

...using the motion controler gimble tilt toggle when in flight...???
MY DJI Avata is just a few days old (Christmas present) but the gimble tilt control will not function in-flight via the motion controller toggle .

While trouble-shooting I have found that:

- it does function (tilts up and down) via the motion controller toggle while sitting on the ground, both prior to start up and with the rotors started and idling, but then fails immediately on takeoff; and

-  it functions (up and down) using the head tracking mode but will still not function via the motion controller.

I did a firmware update on everything when I did my initial setup a few days ago and I have twice "recalibrated" the gimbal with no improvement. Am I correct in thinking that it will only prompt a firmware update if it is reqired? I can't find any where/how to check for later firmware updates for the Avata.

I have contacted DJI via the online customer service option (telephone consistently advises that all agents are unavailable) and the response was to update the firmware and recalibrate the gimble (both of which I had already done with no improivement) so their response then was to return the drone for further analysis......REALLY??

I can't say that I am at all happy with DJI's response and level of interest in this issue as it seems resonably clear from the nature of the problem (descibed above) that it is more likely a software/firmware issue than anything that needs to be repaired by returning it...... (I'd be interested in other opinions about that.....).

So before I do go and send the drone back to DJI and be without it for an undisclosed amount of time -  which I am really not happy about doing - has anyone else come across this particular problem and scenario and have they found a fix for it???

2023-1-3
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

Page 14 of the user manual: Gimbal Tilt Slider - Push up and down to adjust the tilt of the gimbal. Only available before takeoff, during RTH, or landing
2023-1-3
Use props
fans85b84e70
lvl.1
Australia

ars.fabula Posted at 1-3 22:18
Page 14 of the user manual: Gimbal Tilt Slider - Push up and down to adjust the tilt of the gimbal. Only available before takeoff, during RTH, or landing

User manual???? You read the user manual??
But thankyou - that explains it completely.......and begs the question why the DJI online support character couldn't tell me that...???
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans85b84e70 Posted at 1-3 23:19
User manual???? You read the user manual??
But thankyou - that explains it completely.......and begs the question why the DJI online support character couldn't tell me that...???

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We will forward your case to our designated teams and hope we can offer better and better services later.
For your question, may we know which mode you are in?
2023-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules